Hello!
    New Passport owner, lucky to get it for $149 through work. Had an HTC One X for the last few years but miss the physical keyboard. Was looking for something for texting, emailing, reading, and this seemed perfect. Still getting used to it but once I do I think this is exactly what I wanted. Couple questions.

1. Is there any way to use Fkeys? F3 etc?
    2. I read somewhere about using Google Playstore apps, but didn't really understand how to install it.
    3. Any way to turn phone volume off without going to settings? On my old phone just pushed volume down button till ringer was off.
    04-25-15 01:48 AM
    Hello!
    New Passport owner, lucky to get it for $149 through work. Had an HTC One X for the last few years but miss the physical keyboard. Was looking for something for texting, emailing, reading, and this seemed perfect. Still getting used to it but once I do I think this is exactly what I wanted. Couple questions.

1. Is there any way to use Fkeys? F3 etc?
    2. I read somewhere about using Google Playstore apps, but didn't really understand how to install it.
    3. Any way to turn phone volume off without going to settings? On my old phone just pushed volume down button till ringer was off.
    Hi doogie,
    F-keys usually does a function, right? What function would you be looking for? A lot of stuff can be done with the long press shortcuts.
    2. Seems you need Snap. you need to download it on your Mac or PC and install very simply thru Google Chrome with ur phone plugged in. Should be tons of step by step instructions here. Even I figured it out.
    3. Long press Q for switching notification mode (silent/normal), if I understand your question. Turn phone face down should turn off ringer as well, but you need to set this thru advanced interactions.

ოო fяσм му мιgнту ραѕѕρσят ოო
    04-25-15 02:11 AM
    You've got a BlackBerry Passport for only $149!?!!

FBI should hire you as 'negotiator'...

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 02:35 AM
    You can go into settings and choose if the volume keys do media always, with this off when there is no media you can adjust the notification volume.

New Passport, couple questions-img_20150425_190752.png

Official PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    04-25-15 04:08 AM
    Just swipe down with one finger from the homescreens or using two fingers from inside the Hub or any app - this brings down the quick settings menu which can be modified to your liking, you can quickly enable silent mode or custom profiles there.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 04:32 AM
    Hi doogie,
    F-keys usually does a function, right? What function would you be looking for? A lot of stuff can be done with the long press shortcuts.
    2. Seems you need Snap. you need to download it on your Mac or PC and install very simply thru Google Chrome with ur phone plugged in. Should be tons of step by step instructions here. Even I figured it out.
    3. Long press Q for switching notification mode (silent/normal), if I understand your question. Turn phone face down should turn off ringer as well, but you need to set this thru advanced interactions.

ოო fяσм му мιgнту ραѕѕρσят ოო
    Thanks. Well they need to be the actual keys, it's for my work scheduling. So I need f3, f8, etc to actually do that. Android had "fkeys" app which I had to buy and it had a drop down menu to use those keys. Was hoping BB would have something like that.
    2. Yeah Snap is the one I was thinking but didn't know how to do it, thanks.
    3. Thanks!

You can go into settings and choose if the volume keys do media always, with this off when there is no media you can adjust the notification volume.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150425_190752.png 
Views:	324 
Size:	75.6 KB 
ID:	349378

Official PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    Thanks!
    04-30-15 01:33 AM