This is probably simple stupid for those who have had these for a while and I couldn't find an answer via search.

How do I move icons for apps to the home screen? I tap and hold, they wiggle, but then they won't allow me to swipe them over onto my home screen like I could do with my old Android phone. Is this by design or how do I get them moved to the home screen?

The phone I bought, which was/is factory unlocked, must be an AT&T phone because their logo appears on re-boot. Once I got the phone set up, their contacts program popped up and I now have some of their contact stuff on the phone. Is there a way to delete this stuff off? I bought a supposed factory unlocked because I didn't want one of these company's bloatware on my phone. File manager doesn't show anything and there are no AT&T programs that show up under the app manager.

So far I'm digging the phone and getting my sim card set up was as easy as could be.
    10-13-16 09:23 PM
    If device is booting with AT&T logo it may be unlocked but it likely isn't factory unlocked. I don't believe you can get rid of the bloatware entirely as it typically gets pushed to you with OS reloads or upgrades..at least that is what happens on my Telus device, although you might be able to selectively remove the AT&T junk with the Sachesi utility. Search on CB for how to use Sachesi to edit through your device software.

As far as moving the app icons it appears you're doing it correctly...when they start to wiggle just pull them across to edge of screen and the "next" screen page should appear and you can release to drop them in. You might not be holding them long enough???
    10-13-16 09:35 PM
    Don't try to swipe the icons, just press and hold and then drag them to re-arrange them or move them to another screen.

If you see a small trash can in the upper right corner of the app icon after pressing and holding on it, then you can delete it by tapping the trash can, if not (like some BkackBerry System apps), then you can't.
    10-13-16 09:36 PM
    Press the icon's until they pulse. Then slide left or right to desired screen or hold over another icon to create a group. To delete apps, press and hold icon till pulse then tap garbage can on corner of app.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-16 09:36 PM
    ......and if you want to create a folder to hold several apps (icons) then you can drag an app and place it ON another app. A popup window will come up and you can name the folder ( ie App Stores etc to combine Blackberry World, Amazon, Snap, or Google Play Store etc). Demo videos for the Passport are here: BlackBerry Passport Support - How To Demo BlackBerry Passport Smartphone Help 101
    10-13-16 10:08 PM
    How do I move icons for apps to the home screen? I tap and hold, they wiggle, but then they won't allow me to swipe them over onto my home screen like I could do with my old Android phone. Is this by design or how do I get them moved to the home screen?
    If I understand correctly...what you want to do is, go to settings>display and turn off the option that says 'show wallpaper when all apps are closed'.
    This will bring the apps page to the firstscreen/homescreen.

Now if you want to custom arrange the icons there, go to blackberry world and download an app called 'invisible icons'. It generates invisible icons and helps you arrange your app icons as you please.

Hope this helps.

Posted via The Black Beast-  P A S S P O R T | OG
    10-13-16 10:24 PM
    If I understand correctly...what you want to do is, go to settings>display and turn off the option that says 'show wallpaper when all apps are closed'.
    This will bring the apps page to the firstscreen/homescreen.

Now if you want to custom arrange the icons there, go to blackberry world and download an app called 'invisible icons'. It generates invisible icons and helps you arrange your app icons as you please.

Hope this helps.

Actually that was what I ended up doing (by accident). I had turned that off last night before going to bed and this morning I was wondering why the little house icon had disappeared from the bottom of the screen That basically sets the phone up the way I was trying to do it.

Thanks to everyone who responded, I appreciate it and I'm digging the phone so far!
    brookie229 likes this.
    10-14-16 07:47 AM
    Cool Enjoy the Passport experience!

10-14-16 11:28 AM