Hey guys I picked up a unlocked red passport from amazon about a week ago and just wanted to introduce myself and give my first thoughts on this phone. I just replaced my iPhone 6 plus from att that I've had since launch day and have been a loyal apple user for the past 3 yes. The passport is my first BlackBerry device and I have to say I'm impressed. My main reason for this decision was because I found myself spending too much time on my phone and it was becoming a terrible habit, so I decided to get a phone meant for business (which should workout since I own my own business) I love typing on the physical keyboard a lot! Battery life is really good but then again I don't use my phone much now also having a square screen sucks for videos but the passport has very good colors and quality! So far the phone is doing a great job keeping me focused on more important things rather then checking social media feeds and watching vines and etc.

On to things I don't like...
    - the camera takes forever To focus
    - the phone tends to freeze randomly, especially on text messages
    - the screen flickers
    - notifications on the lock screen are not accurate (I'll tend to find texts at the end of the day that show I checked them but never knew I even received them)

I've read that there's a leaked update that fixes a lot of these issues so if someone could be kind enough to show me how to get that it would be much appreciated! Other then that things are going well lol

Posted via CB10
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    04-07-15 11:00 AM
    Hey guys I picked up a unlocked red passport from amazon about a week ago and just wanted to introduce myself and give my first thoughts on this phone. I just replaced my iPhone 6 plus from att that I've had since launch day and have been a loyal apple user for the past 3 yes. The passport is my first BlackBerry device and I have to say I'm impressed. My main reason for this decision was because I found myself spending too much time on my phone and it was becoming a terrible habit, so I decided to get a phone meant for business (which should workout since I own my own business) I love typing on the physical keyboard a lot! Battery life is really good but then again I don't use my phone much now also having a square screen sucks for videos but the passport has very good colors and quality! So far the phone is doing a great job keeping me focused on more important things rather then checking social media feeds and watching vines and etc.

- the screen flickers
    - notifications on the lock screen are not accurate (I'll tend to find texts at the end of the day that show I checked them but never knew I even received them)

I've read that there's a leaked update that fixes a lot of these issues so if someone could be kind enough to show me how to get that it would be much appreciated! Other then that things are going well lol

Posted via CB10
    Welcome to team passport. Do some reading and you will find some ways to resolve those issues
    04-07-15 04:07 PM
    Welcome to the BlackBerry side of things
    There are a lot of tutorials about "how to" load a leaked os.
    Autoloader, or non destructive with sachesi.

Just search in the forum and you will find everything.
    Good luck.
    If you need any help, you can always contact me

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 04:10 PM
    Go to the Leaked OS Forum, there are a bunch of instructions there. The issues you're seeing are resolved on my Passport.

10.3.2.x is a little early for me. You can see which OS I'm on and how I got there in my signature below.

� T-Mobile  вιaсĸвεггч� Passport � Autoloaded 10.3.1.2582 � � Sachesi upgraded to 10.3.1.2708 �
    04-08-15 07:11 AM
    You can check your social media feed and run the VINE from android as well. The difference is now you don't have to hit the back button each time you want to check your social media as everything that is supported with be under one location.

You are basically saying the BB sucks for everything but work. BB is just great for everything, ESPECIALLY work.
    04-08-15 07:36 AM
    Welcome to BlackBerry and Crackberry I hope you enjoy your device. Careful not to get to know your phone too well, otherwise you'll be right back on the same apps as before lol

 = ♥
    04-08-15 07:56 AM

- the screen flickers

Posted via CB10
    First of all you need to understand how to get updates from BB since you have a factory unlocked phone. You should take out your sim card and plug the phone into your computer. Open up Link and make sure you are signed in on your BB ID. then you can check for updates on your phone.

Dp2000 is right. You do need at least the 2582 version software. Be careful because the last 4 numbers 2582 is AKA 10.3.1.1784 for example.
    New update 10.3.1.1784 (OS 10.3.1.2582) Same thing.

This is how I updated my Z30. I dont have a Passport yet so I do not completely understand why someone with a factory unlocked phone would have to use an Autoloader that you can down load here to update from.
    Also be aware that many have issues with updates because they do not want to wipe the phone and start from scratch or have been loading up a bunch of OS versions and " Unofficial Leaks or just plain Leaks. " Official OS versions that carriers are using are safe, others are not, make sure you get one that has been proven safe.
    04-08-15 07:58 AM
    being unlocked from Amazon I am surprised that you don't have an Over The Air update yet. Have you tried the check for new software (settings > Software Updates) yet? what version of the OS (Settings > About) are you currently on? I have an unlocked Passport on AT&T with 10.3.1.1767 OS from OTA update.
    04-08-15 08:29 AM
    OFFICIAL:10.3.1.1767(.2558 I am surprised that that is the latest Factory Unlock version for Passport. If I am correct, that version should have taken care of the Passport issues that came up. OP should let us know what version he is on and pull the Sim card.
    04-08-15 08:42 AM
    First of all you need to understand how to get updates from BB since you have a factory unlocked phone. You should take out your sim card and plug the phone into your computer. Open up Link and make sure you are signed in on your BB ID. then you can check for updates on your phone.

Dp2000 is right. You do need at least the 2582 version software. Be careful because the last 4 numbers 2582 is AKA 10.3.1.1784 for example.
    New update 10.3.1.1784 (OS 10.3.1.2582) Same thing.

This is how I updated my Z30. I dont have a Passport yet so I do not completely understand why someone with a factory unlocked phone would have to use an Autoloader that you can down load here to update from.
    Also be aware that many have issues with updates because they do not want to wipe the phone and start from scratch or have been loading up a bunch of OS versions and " Unofficial Leaks or just plain Leaks. " Official OS versions that carriers are using are safe, others are not, make sure you get one that has been proven safe.
    so i decided to pick up the ATT version yesterday, much better imo, and im going to be returning the red unlocked version back to amazon. my current one is running 10.3.1.1372 with os version being 10.3.1.1955 and no issues so far!
    04-08-15 12:29 PM
    Welcome to BlackBerry and Crackberry I hope you enjoy your device. Careful not to get to know your phone too well, otherwise you'll be right back on the same apps as before lol

 = ♥
    yah i learned how to torrent apps and music last night.... lets just say i need to stay away from those things
    04-08-15 12:31 PM
    Welcome aboard!

Posted via CB10
    04-08-15 01:10 PM
    yah i learned how to torrent apps and music last night.... lets just say i need to stay away from those things
    Welcome aboard naeem5oh!! I too had a few same issues when I purchased mine from AT&T 7 weeks ago now. Happy to say that it's all in the past now and I'm loving this rock solid business device.

To get the latest OS and Radio files I suggest you use Sachesi...it's bar far the most comprehensive utility that's been developed since OS10 first launched... I know damn well that not everyone will agree, but speaking as a power user and not a programmer...I highly suggest it. As was said previously a few posts up, everything you need to learn and use is in the [BB10 Leaked/Beta OS] section of CB forums. Once again Congrats on taking the Plunge into the BlackBerry side....

Posted from my Kick@ss AT&T Passport.
    04-08-15 01:13 PM
    Same reason I left Apple, too many wasted hours on games and social media. Now I find myself even more on the Passport but actually doing more productive stuff like reading, editing docs, sending full emails, etc.
    The browser is exception, I don't need to pull out the tablet or turn on the computer. I have the black PP, but always been yearning for a red PP.
    Maybe I'll get a red PP 2 whenever that comes out.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 02:12 PM
    Same reason I left Apple, too many wasted hours on games and social media. Now I find myself even more on the Passport but actually doing more productive stuff like reading, editing docs, sending full emails, etc.
    The browser is exception, I don't need to pull out the tablet or turn on the computer. I have the black PP, but always been yearning for a red PP.
    Maybe I'll get a red PP 2 whenever that comes out.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly, you simply tend to get so much done with a BlackBerry Passport !! I especially love the screen's resolution and size, truly a pleasure to use.

Posted from my Kick@ss AT&T Passport.
    04-19-15 11:16 PM