Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) News Analysis: Apple: More Secure Than BlackBerry?

Was reading through the Stocks app articles when I came upon this misinformed article with the most ridiculous looking picture downplaying BlackBerry security!
    I would have hoped by now that the Blackberry bashing had stopped. This is just over the top.

Via The BlackBerry Z30 experience!
    11-10-14 01:28 PM
    It is based on academic approach with criteria some may want to discuss.
    At the en of the day, the only IRL question is :

Q: In a corporate environment, with a crypted BlackBerry device and BES, who ever compromised the users/enterprise data ?
    A: no one.
    Thank you, next.

Second question may be obvious, but I don't want to push our usual friends to deploy their arguments again

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 01:34 PM
    This can't be fappening!
    11-10-14 01:35 PM
    Can you share a document to combat the EFF claims of the validity of messaging app securities?
    11-10-14 01:37 PM
    The proof is always what is out there in the mobile universe what is used and preferred for security. Why is it? Blackberry devices is always the 1st choice even for the german chancellor and American government. Oh please!?!?!?

I think its just another ploy by the apple people! Once BES12 is launched, we'll definitely see more mud slinging from jelousy. It's a pity why it has to be this way but I geuss companies, products, even execs are not willing to step aside in position to see Blackberry do well. lol!!!
    11-10-14 01:39 PM
    Can you share a document to combat the EFF claims of the validity of messaging app securities?
    Hmm.. according to EFF if you don't report your security policies it is counted against you. That is, the more secure your policies, the poorer you score. Just sayin

Posted via CB10
    D3C0D3R and thymaster like this.
    11-10-14 01:40 PM
    Hmm.. according to EFF if you don't report your security policies it is counted against you. That is, the more secure your policies, the poorer you score. Just sayin

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, didn't quite understand that aspect but assumed they just wanted a general overview of the protocols. Like it has 128bit encryption on blah blah blah.
    thymaster and dikkr like this.
    11-10-14 01:42 PM
    I would really love for a security expert to write an honest, detailed assessment of how platforms are secure vs. not.

There are too many generic, simplistic, X is secure; Y is not secure comments, regardless of platform.
    undone likes this.
    11-10-14 01:44 PM
    The problem is, when you have a company emerging in to the Enterprise market. They do this because it's the only way they know how to take a slice of that pie. They always manage to call out the doubters and the old band wagon faithful...
    11-10-14 01:45 PM
    The company I work for (17000+ employees) regards iOS, Windows Phone and BlackBerry as equally secure. Android however is frowned upon.
    11-10-14 01:45 PM
    Omg, have you seen those score cards? Those guys misinterpret the data because Blackberry refuse to published security documentations and codes to the public so they decided to give them a negative score. The way I see it, great on Blackberry to not publish security documents so hackers don't have a chance to find loops holes in the software.

See for yourself.

https://www.eff.org/secure-messaging-scorecard

I don't trust an organization that's only a few months old and already are misleading people with informations. For all I know it could be two wannabe website startup guys trying to create a publicity stunt.
    Last edited by thymaster; 11-10-14 at 02:12 PM.
    11-10-14 01:56 PM
    You know you have issues with groups like this when they consider open source a criteria for judging security.... in the long term... all that matters is what platform has been hacked or open to malware... remembering that security is not just encryption... if you can hack their server or phone... encryption becomes useless.... this was the case in the nude photo scandal.... it was the case in the endless updates to Apple OS to plug security holes...which by the way is almost immediately has a jailbreak available... the lock screen hack.... the malware USB hack... the list goes on.... if you look at security as a monolithic entity " encryption".... you fail to understand security to begin with,.... in the end... when was the last actual security breach on either server and smartphone for Blackberry... "cue the crickets "..... end of story....
    anon(1035135) likes this.
    11-10-14 02:06 PM
    Omg, have you seen those score cards? Those guys misinterpret the data because Blackberry refuse to published security documentations and codes to the public so they decided to give them a negative score. The way I see it, great on Blackberry to not publish security documents so hackers don't have a chance to find loops holes in the software.

See for yourself.

https://www.eff.org/secure-messaging-scorecard

I don't trust an organization that's only a few months old and already are misleading people with informations. For all I know it could be two wannabe website startup guys trying to create a publicity stunt.
    Open source and security documentation are not the only two categories though.

Not saying I buy it, but this is the only review I have seen about security so...
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    11-10-14 02:12 PM
    Very good dbmalloy

STL100-3 | Rogers | OS10.3.1.xxxx
    11-10-14 02:28 PM
    11-10-14 03:03 PM
    It's about imessenger. the Messenger app with a backdoor to Mr NSA.

The test talk about ecryption which BlackBerry, who doesn't really have and one or yes they do but they scramble things and it better, private and more secure then Whatsapp or imessenger. Still last two ranked much higher because they storage everything or just like whatsapp they took over your photo and video's as there copyright. They also allowed to sell it. Wunderbar
    11-10-14 03:11 PM

Was reading through the Stocks app articles when I came upon this misinformed article with the most ridiculous looking picture downplaying BlackBerry security!
    I would have hoped by now that the Blackberry bashing had stopped. This is just over the top.

BlackBerry responded with this:

BBM: Security You Can Trust | | Inside BlackBerry for Business Blog

But, the media just ignored it.
    11-10-14 03:27 PM
    Stop the press! President Obama miss informed of BlackBerry superior encryption.

Posted via CB10
    rarsen and tonystarks662 like this.
    11-10-14 03:28 PM
    Just read today that IOS has a big fat hole in its security of its OS making a large percent of owner vulnerable.
    11-10-14 03:29 PM
    Still no rebuttal on the BB fact Check...on Inside BB..I hope these guys aren't getting lazy and going back to their old ways,I Know there is a new guy heading this blog but haven't seen anything for the whole month,look at how many times they contradicted others in past months and they seem to be slacking off,they have a great idea with this and maybe it served it's original purpose,keep it going it is a great idea that doesn't need to die.
    11-10-14 04:25 PM
    Still no rebuttal on the BB fact Check...on Inside BB..I hope these guys aren't getting lazy and going back to their old ways,I Know there is a new guy heading this blog but haven't seen anything for the whole month,look at how many times they contradicted others in past months and they seem to be slacking off,they have a great idea with this and maybe it served it's original purpose,keep it going it is a great idea that doesn't need to die.
    They did in the Business Blog.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-10-14 04:29 PM

why don't you tell me the reason BB released BBM Protected if the regular BBM was secure?
    11-10-14 04:42 PM
    iphone is the most secure back door to NSA then anyone else. That is a cold hard fact NSA would like everyone to forget as governments and companies ban apple products.

Posted via CB10
    LoneStarRed likes this.
    11-10-14 04:52 PM
    And here from today's news of the world...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/ap...tack-1.2830107

Enjoy!!!
    11-10-14 05:20 PM
    We have heard imessage is more secure than BBM (even BBM protected, doubtful imo), and apple has taken the laudable step of making device encryption default, and not holding the key themselves

Time for BlackBerry to step it up a notch. However a BlackBerry on bes is still the most secure

Posted via CB10
    sentimentGX4 and anon8656116 like this.
    11-10-14 05:41 PM
93 123 ...