I don't know if this was a sign to accept the Passport, but I am so frustrated at the moment. I planned on backing up my Z30 via link last night after work and I dropped the phone and now the screen is mostly unresponsive. I am looking at the screen on the TV through HDMI and when I try to swipe up it will start showing the "up" arrows, but since I have a picture password I can't connect to link. I have spoken with multiple reps about this because the primary issue is all of my passwords are on BB's Password Keeper and I desperately need them.

They told me if I had a numeric password I could just type it into the computer. They are referring me to Verizon as well, but I will be cancelling with them so they aren't going to help unless I wait to cancel. I did post in the Z30 forum regarding this. Does anybody know if when I put my BBID in the Passport the Password Keeper will transfer with the BBID? One of the reps said it should, but I was under the assumption that it was an app based on that device and it would not as another rep had said! Maybe start another thread asking this?
    10-06-14 07:30 AM
    Did you export your passwords? If you did then you can import them back when you have your passport.

As for password, I too have a picture password but when I connect to link I only have to enter the word password (that you input prior to setting up the picture password) or the numerical password.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 07:34 AM
    BBID has nothing to do with Password Keeper.

If you did a full backup and use that to restore to your passport the Same main PW used to open up Password Keeper will work.
    I've migrated 5 BB10 devices this way and it worked perfectly every time.

? BlackBerry Z30 ? If it Don't Make Dollars, It don't Make Sense ?
    10-06-14 07:37 AM
    I haven't tried it myself, but have read that you can log into BlackBerry protect web site using your BlackBerryID and password and use that to change the password on your phone.

Also, if you do a backup with link, the Password Keeper password file will be backed up. You can also backup the password file to your SD card if you can get the Z30 connected through HDMI and a keyboard and mouse.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 07:40 AM
    I never exported the passwords or backed up the phone. That was the plan last night :-( ... So my BBID and redownloading the app onto the Passport with the same master password would not restore my passwords ughhhh frustration... I know it is my own fault for not backing it up sooner, but I have never had a problem with any BBs dropping etc. but no excuses... You say you have a picture password, but when you connect to link with a locked phone it is not prompting you that "this device is locked, please enter your password on the device"... maybe I need an updated link even though the BB reps stated link does not support picture password, I still have my initial numeric password. I will check that. Thanks for any help!
    10-06-14 07:43 AM
    The BB Protect Website is giving an error message and redirecting me to log in, in a different language... ahhh really?

Edit... was able to log on to BB Protect, but it says to turn on BB Protect from the settings to change password. Was hoping it would be that easy!
    10-06-14 07:55 AM
    A couple weeks ago I finally moved to 10.3 on my Z30. I did a full backup including password keeper.

After the upgrade I tried to restore the password keeper file and it didn't work.

I suggest doing an backup within the app.

If you had access via hdmi still do the backup, hope your screen is responsive enough to get the backup done.

Also, Link should request your device password, picture password is not part of the process.
    10-06-14 08:01 AM
    Your other thread has good options. Get the screen replaced either by yourself or by a shop tech where they will not wipe your device beforehand.
    10-06-14 08:05 AM
    When I connect my Z30 via USB to link it states "this device is locked" "please unlock from your device prior to using link"... I have a picture password, but also a numeric one that the BB reps stated would have worked if I wasn't using the picture password I'd be able to just type in my password on the laptop.

Is there a different version of link? I just checked and it is set to update automatically?
    10-06-14 08:07 AM
    Your other thread has good options. Get the screen replaced either by yourself or by a shop tech where they will not wipe your device beforehand.
    My only question is if I switch my carriers and cancel the service on the Z30 for the AT&T Passport today will I still be able to get in and get to the Password Keeper. I am assuming it is the screen even though there is no physical damage, but it is unresponsive. May just try to get screen replaced or order and do myself if my Z30 is still accessible after putting my BBID on the Passport. Not sure if I can use the same BBID on different devices and would only be able to connect to wifi.
    10-06-14 08:11 AM
    A couple weeks ago I finally moved to 10.3 on my Z30. I did a full backup including password keeper.

After the upgrade I tried to restore the password keeper file and it didn't work.

If you had access via hdmi still do the backup, hope your screen is responsive enough to get the backup done.

Also, Link should request your device password, picture password is not part of the process.
    Link is asking for me to unlock my device prior to connecting to link. This is also the first time this device would be connected to link. I really wish it was simple enough to just enter my numeric password in link, but not appearing as an option.
    10-06-14 08:13 AM
    I am thinking I may have to buy the screen from the ebay link that was posted and either attempt to do it myself or have a repair shop fix it. I am not sure if that would fix the problem, but would think so.
    10-06-14 08:15 AM
    Keep trying link. You may be missing the pop up where the BlackBerry device manager asks for the password for your phone. Try closing all windows on your PC except link in case you are missing the pop up under another window.

You may also want to reboot your PC and try again.

Is your phone on a corporate BES?
    10-06-14 08:27 AM
    I will give it a shot and reboot the computer. My mother's Z10 is connected to link that is why it was already downloaded on the laptop. When I plug the Z30 in, I receive a pop-up stating the device is locked please unlock from device to use link. I really hope this works! Nothing seems to be working. I know I should have had it backed up or had protect on, but did not expect this to happen the same night I planned on backing it up.

If anybody can answer my question if I get my Passport today and activate on AT&T and cancel Verizon will I still be able to get into my Z30 if I replace the screen and be able to go through the Password Keeper app? Not sure how that works with the same BBID. Thanks again everyone!
    10-06-14 08:37 AM
    I use data vault which allows direct sync with the pc application.

Posted via Passport OS 10.3.0.738
    10-06-14 09:21 AM
    I just watched a youtube video on replacing the screen as someone did post a link to new screens for the Z30 on eBay and now that I know I will still be able to access the Z30 (and the password keeper) after setting up my Passport if I can get the Z30 running I am OK. Trying to be optimistic.

My question is since I dropped the phone... the screen is not broken, as in there is no physical damage... but it is mostly unresponsive, only recognizing the bottom portion and allowing me to hit the camera icon with some hard pressing of my thumb. The device home/lock screen looks fine on the TV, so without physical damage, should I try to replace the screen? or could it possibly be internal damage elsewhere? Obviously nobody would know for sure, but any opinions would help before I spend more money on a screen and the tool to remove it and replace it. Thanks so much!
    10-06-14 09:22 AM

It would be so easy and have saved me so many hours if link would just ask for my numeric password. BB reps all said since the phone is locked and I have picture password enabled that is why I can not enter it on my laptop. I tried restarting the computer, the device, checking that the link software is up to date. I just get a popup stating that my device is password protected and I must unlock from the device. This would be the simplest and save me so much hassle if I could just get it backed up on link :-(
    10-06-14 09:27 AM
    BBID has nothing to do with Password Keeper.

If you did a full backup and use that to restore to your passport the Same main PW used to open up Password Keeper will work.
    I've migrated 5 BB10 devices this way and it worked perfectly every time.

? BlackBerry Z30 ? If it Don't Make Dollars, It don't Make Sense ?
    This^^^^

"Official Accountant of the Peevishlicious Crew "
    10-06-14 09:29 AM
    Question, Z30 supports USB OTG, have you tried connecting a computer mouse to the micro USB port?
    TBone4eva likes this.
    10-06-14 09:30 AM
    I have recently moved to the Passport from a 9900. I had backed up the 9900 via Protect and restored it on the Passport. The Password Keeper is available on BB World - when I downloaded & installed it, it told me that it has data from an older release and whether I wanted to restore it. It asked for the Password on the 9900 and cleanly restored my Password Keeper data from 9900 onto the Passport!
    10-06-14 09:54 AM
    I have recently moved to the Passport from a 9900. I had backed up the 9900 via Protect and restored it on the Passport. The Password Keeper is available on BB World - when I downloaded & installed it, it told me that it has data from an older release and whether I wanted to restore it. It asked for the Password on the 9900 and cleanly restored my Password Keeper data from 9900 onto the Passport!
    I was hoping the password keeper would transfer, but I never backed up the device/app and was going to last night as my Passport is out for delivery now. I will download and give it a shot though.
    10-06-14 10:08 AM
    Question, Z30 supports USB OTG, have you tried connecting a computer mouse to the micro USB port?
    I may be stopping at a store to purchase a mouse that I can connect to the USB port and navigate from the TV screen as I can not see anything on the device itself. I am thinking Best Buy may carry this, but I was trying to verify if anybody is able to use this method to get from the main screen and swipe up to get to my picture password screen and able to unlock the phone by using a mouse. If so, that would be a huge help and I can then backup via link. At this point, I could care less about pictures, etc. It is the passwords that I really really need to get from the backup of the Password Keeper.
    10-06-14 10:11 AM
    I never exported the passwords or backed up the phone. That was the plan last night :-( ... So my BBID and redownloading the app onto the Passport with the same master password would not restore my passwords ughhhh frustration... I know it is my own fault for not backing it up sooner, but I have never had a problem with any BBs dropping etc. but no excuses... You say you have a picture password, but when you connect to link with a locked phone it is not prompting you that "this device is locked, please enter your password on the device"... maybe I need an updated link even though the BB reps stated link does not support picture password, I still have my initial numeric password. I will check that. Thanks for any help!
    It does ask me for a password but I enter the word password. No way to enter a picture password.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 10:15 AM
    All the best! I can understand the predicament!
    10-06-14 10:17 AM
    I still think you are doing something wrong with link or maybe you just need to reboot the phone if the phone is in the enter password screen.

Disconnect the phone from the PC, press the power button for about ten seconds to shut the phone down. Once you are sure it is shut down, restart the phone. Once you think the phone is rebooted, try link again.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 10:23 AM
63 123