I just realized regardless of the specs of my Television, I am actually watching the same dumb down shows and worse at the same speed as others.

Today I also noticed a KIA compact car in front of me, driving on the same road even though my car cost 3x a KIA.

Who do I complain to, to make things right?

Posted via CB10
    makie likes this.
    02-26-15 10:56 AM
    In terms of software like android apps it runs way better because of its hardware.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 11:17 AM
    I just realized regardless of the specs of my Television, I am actually watching the same dumb down shows and worse at the same speed as others.

Today I also noticed a KIA compact car in front of me, driving on the same road even though my car cost 3x a KIA.

Who do I complain to, to make things right?

Posted via CB10
    (202) 456-1111
    aurelpascu24 likes this.
    02-26-15 11:30 AM
    Some apps over heating the passport just like q10. With such hardware specifications on passport it should run the apps easily.

Posted via CB10
    It doesn't work like that. Every phone heats up after doing things. You won't get a massive fan in it. The processor is doing heavy task all on the same time, it is normal that it is producing heat.

If the heat reaches abnormal temperatures than its probably duo to a defect. This happened to best in the game.

My 1+ and my G3 which also used the 801 also heated up bit after doing some heavy tasks, so it's nothing special. Btw. Also the 805 did on my note 4.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 11:36 AM
    Faster processor for what? and for presentation is better even the z10 witch have direct micro hdmi. For passptort we have to buy separately a slimport adapter. And better radio sensitivity I don't agree, I had 2 bars in my house with q10 and with passport the same. Where is the worth? I have to buy slimport for hdmi and BTW, after update to 10.3.1 usb otg on passport is so annoying, I have to reset the device every time in order to get usb otg work.

Posted via CB10
    Most of us aren't going to do presentations from our phones, so the need for a slimport isn't an important factor. As for the two bars, a four or five bar measuring system doesn't tell the user much. Too inaccurate. But, given the same incoming signal, I'll take the better antenna and radio every time. It can make the difference in correct data transfer or in hearing a conversation correctly. The OTG problem you describe is one I'm not having. And it's an OS issue, not device. So, what does that have to do with whether a Passport is better or not?
    02-26-15 12:03 PM
    Most of us aren't going to do presentations from our phones, so the need for a slimport isn't an important factor. As for the two bars, a four or five bar measuring system doesn't tell the user much. Too inaccurate. But, given the same incoming signal, I'll take the better antenna and radio every time. It can make the difference in correct data transfer or in hearing a conversation correctly. The OTG problem you describe is one I'm not having. And it's an OS issue, not device. So, what does that have to do with whether a Passport is better or not?
    If you look at the title of the thread is about the software not the hardware.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 12:29 PM
    Isn't this how every device or OS is? Almost all iOS devices run iOS 8, including the 2 year old devices. Android is the same? As far as I know, the 6+ is the only device that may have an operating system actually adjusted to optimize how it is displayed on the device. And trust me, it is far from perfect (not all apps are optimized, crashes, etc.). To ask a company to change an OS for every device would be ridiculous.

True but os 8 runs faster and smooth on iphone 6 than the previous. Passport experienced lags like previous devices. Is it normal? And android devices the same let's put to the test a galaxy s3 vs galaxy s5. Witch one runs faster the apps? Between a passport and a z3... No difference so where is the progres? And every os is adapted for every phone may be the same os core but the drivers are different. The drivers make the differences it's about how well are optimized for that specific hardware.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 12:43 PM
    If you look at the title of the thread is about the software not the hardware.

Posted via CB10
    OK. But the question is what software makes the Passport better. And you're saying that an OS upgrade that all BB10 devices will get is at issue. The OS is a level playing field. And your issue isn't my issue, both of us with the same OS and same device. It may be an issue for you, but it's not a device wide issue and may even be device independent. So, it has nothing to do with the question.
    02-26-15 12:49 PM
    True but os 8 runs faster and smooth on iphone 6 than the previous. Passport experienced lags like previous devices. Is it normal? And android devices the same let's put to the test a galaxy s3 vs galaxy s5. Witch one runs faster the apps? Between a passport and a z3... No difference so where is the progres? And every os is adapted for every phone may be the same os core but the drivers are different. The drivers make the differences it's about how well are optimized for that specific hardware.

Posted via CB10
    iOS is anything but smooth on the 6 and especially not on the 6+. The fact that 1 out of every 5 websites I visit redirects me to download a game from the App Store and the browser constantly crashes is one of the reasons I'm leaving Apple. The iPhone 6+ is one of the most unpolished phones (software-wise) that I've ever used.
    Last edited by vvildstar; 02-27-15 at 09:56 AM.
    02-26-15 12:54 PM
    iOS is anything but smooth on the 6 and especially not on the 6+. The fact that 1 out of every 5 websites I visit redirects me to download a game from the App Store and the browser constantly crashes is one of the reasons I'm Apple. The iPhone 6+ is one of the most unpolished phones (software-wise) that I've ever used.
    And the worst multi-tasking out of all top platforms.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 01:10 PM
    Coming from an xperia Z2 there was no going back in the specs department for me. This was the major reason I got the passport, this is my first BlackBerry and I always make sure I get a sense of being future proof lol

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 04:51 PM
    Some apps over heating the passport just like q10. With such hardware specifications on passport it should run the apps easily.

Posted via CB10
    'Over-heating' or just 'heating' in general? The bigger the engine, the warmer she's gonna run. My Passport gets warm sometimes depending what I'm doing on it, but I've never noticed it to affect the performance of it.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    02-26-15 07:04 PM
    Faster processor for what? and for presentation is better even the z10 witch have direct micro hdmi. For passptort we have to buy separately a slimport adapter. And better radio sensitivity I don't agree, I had 2 bars in my house with q10 and with passport the same. Where is the worth? I have to buy slimport for hdmi and BTW, after update to 10.3.1 usb otg on passport is so annoying, I have to reset the device every time in order to get usb otg work.

Posted via CB10
    For multitasking, which does not work well on older bb10 devices. Try watching live streaming hockey or soccer games while editing text .

What you write is not my experience.
    I have a z30 and a passport side by side on the same network. The passport streams better than the z30 when the signal is weak.
    Radio sensitivity and processor speed are important. I design radio transceivers. I know what I am talking about...
    You may have a faulty passport.

For presentations to a live audience you may not need hdmi at all. You can do it with a VGA adaptor, and if you use powerpoint, it displays to the full external screen. Even for Z30 or Z10 you still need to buy a minihdmi to hdmi adaptor!

I do live presentations from my Passport for 1-2 hours several times a week. I do not need to carry a laptop around.
    It's true that you can do that with a z30, but you don't have the same functionality. You cannot see the next slides as well while you present.

The touch keyboard allows scrolling, zooming in and out and moving sideways on websites which you cannot do on other bb10 devices. It does require special features in the software.
    02-26-15 09:07 PM
    The difference in speed on 10.3.1 between the Z30 and Passport is very noticeable. Almost everything done on the Passport is done instantly and while the Z30 is fast (especially compared to the Z10/Q10/Classic) there is a lot more lag and waiting.
    02-27-15 08:14 AM
    Of course the software is the same with the other BlackBerry! They are using the same OS. ==
    02-27-15 08:27 AM
    Of course the software is the same with the other BlackBerry! They are using the same OS. ==
    Genius! Would't know this without you lol

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 08:53 AM
    Quad core vs dual core doesn't tell all the story. You can't expect better single threaded performance in a quad core versus a dual core. What you will find, however, is a) no stuttering, even when you put pressure on your system, and b) better threaded performance. So, keep your expectations realistic.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 10:59 AM
    If you don't see any Performance boost, than you clearly don't need a phone with these specs. You don't use the phone for heavy tasks. Take an iphone 5 and a iphone 6 and open facebook, you just won't see any true difference.

With your phone usage you would be fine with a z3 or z30.

Posted via CB10
    CyberMan2013 likes this.
    02-27-15 11:29 AM
43 12