First day of complete reliance on Passport (with trusty Q10 as backup device). Very impressed. It has been used with all accounts and all phone calls, and also used as a USB stick to share radiology imaging with colleagues.

We have notoriously bad cell reception. With that in mind, I have to tell you that it still has 70% battery reserve. Yup, 70%. That is quite stunning.

Two small caveats: 1. Screen brightness is at a reasonably low level: 2. I disabled 4G as our phones constantly hunt for 3G and 2G connectivity as it is on a good day.

The screen really is a total knock-out for viewing XR, XT & MR images. Meanwhile an iPhone 6-using colleague asked if I had an iPhone charger!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Trauma Surgeon; 05-26-15 at 12:44 PM.
    1raygin, acovey, ptpete and 25 others like this.
    05-26-15 12:33 PM
    Great feedback! Thanks for offering some comparisons for perspective.

I'd say try it with 4G enabled. You may very well be pleasantly surprised as I was. I always had LTE off on my Z10, and initially had it disabled on my Z30 too. Having it enabled, on the newer Z30 anyway, had little to no effect on battery life, plus I had much better signal & speeds than experienced previously.

Maybe a week with it off, then a week on, to properly compare?

Anyway, keep enjoying and thanks for sharing.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    05-26-15 01:04 PM
    Oh come on. After bashing the device for so long you actually bought one and liked it?

Funny what happens when you act and look at something objectively, rather than being speculative. I'm sure you can appreciate that.

BlackBizzle my nizzle
    05-26-15 01:20 PM
    Oh come on. After bashing the device for so long you actually bought one and liked it?

Funny what happens when you act and look at something objectively, rather than being speculative. I'm sure you can appreciate that.

BlackBizzle my nizzle
    Lol, had to chuckle a bit as well when I saw the OP.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-26-15 01:37 PM
    First day of complete reliance on Passport (with trusty Q10 as backup device). Very impressed. It has been used with all accounts and all phone calls, and also used as a USB stick to share radiology imaging with colleagues.

We have notoriously bad cell reception. With that in mind, I have to tell you that it still has 70% battery reserve. Yup, 70%. That is quite stunning.

Two small caveats: 1. Screen brightness is at a reasonably low level: 2. I disabled 4G as our phones constantly hunt for 3G and 2G connectivity as it is on a good day.

The screen really is a total knock-out for viewing XR, XT & MR images. Meanwhile an iPhone 6-using colleague asked if I had an iPhone charger!

Posted via CB10
    Took me a good 3-4 days in finding that "sweet spot" for comfortable holding/typing whether sitting down, standing or lying down. After that...it was all gravy!

 BlackBerry Passport on Telus Network
    05-26-15 01:44 PM

BlackBizzle my nizzle
    Yes. I too was having a WTF moment.
    05-26-15 02:25 PM

BlackBizzle my nizzle
    My criticisms stand. Did I contradict them? Notice Q10 backup ready.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-15 02:25 PM
    Took me a good 3-4 days in finding that "sweet spot" for comfortable holding/typing whether sitting down, standing or lying down. After that...it was all gravy!

 BlackBerry Passport on Telus Network
    Enjoy. It is not a black and white world my friend. Shades of gray.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-15 02:26 PM
    Enjoy. It is not a black and white world my friend. Shades of gray.

Posted via CB10
    I have heard there are up to 50 shades...

Posted via CB10
    05-26-15 02:36 PM
    "Liberation"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    05-26-15 02:37 PM
    Libation?

Posted via CB10
    westiewanderer and ppeters914 like this.
    05-26-15 02:52 PM
    Libation?

Posted via CB10
    Not. Liaison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    05-26-15 02:54 PM
    I came from a Z30 and I did find that there was a learning curve for the keyboard layout and size and getting used to the punctuation on top, that was huge. Also I miss having the numbers in a row. I started typing articles I saw in the paper to practice typing and have gotten much better thankfully. I can imagine it's easier coming from a Q10? I still miss my bold 9900 keyboard, that thing rocked! But in a few months I'll probably not miss it.

Posted via CB10
    bb624 and Trauma Surgeon like this.
    05-26-15 03:32 PM
    I came from a Z30 and I did find that there was a learning curve for the keyboard layout and size and getting used to the punctuation on top, that was huge. Also I miss having the numbers in a row. I started typing articles I saw in the paper to practice typing and have gotten much better thankfully. I can imagine it's easier coming from a Q10? I still miss my bold 9900 keyboard, that thing rocked! But in a few months I'll probably not miss it.

Posted via CB10
    I hear you Cody. I love the screen, I am delighted by the action of the physical keyboard. But the transition from a traditional BlackBerry PKB to a passport is a little challenging. The only major bug I have found is that I cannot use the W-V (1-9) on PKB to type phone numbers in the dial pad part of phone app.

Why do I care? Well it is what I am used to for speed. Other than this minor issue, I would say that it is very productive. Though I still miss 9900/Q10 PKB .

Posted via CB10
    05-26-15 03:47 PM
    You realize the Passport have one of the brightest screen on the market. You can read a novel on a sunny day at the beach. Perhaps try turning the screen brightness level higher might help.

Two small caveats: 1. Screen brightness is at a reasonably low level
    Posted via CB10
    05-26-15 03:52 PM
    I do. Which is why I turned it DOWN to the lowest possible level.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-15 03:56 PM
    Just use, mobile uber webpage and make a favorite of it on your homescreen! Works great with me

Posted via CB10
    05-26-15 07:10 PM
    My criticisms stand. Did I contradict them? Notice Q10 backup ready.

Posted via CB10
    The way you were railing up, I would say that a purchase does indeed contradict them. Nonetheless, enjoy the device.

-- Passport, VMO, Toronto CA
    05-26-15 09:59 PM
    Like the post, thanks OP. I have also used the Passport for reading radiographs in the field and find its usefulness unparalleled. A tech was helping me yesterday, and was amazed at the ease of transferring images from the radiograph workstation to my Passport via USB tg. She commented that she wished her iPhone could do that.

On a side note, she noticed that I had 27 tabs open on my browser. She found that more amazing, as she said it would crash her iPhone.

I came from a Z30 to the Passport, and I'd say it was at least 2 weeks before I was comfortable with it. But now, can not imagine using anything else!

Posted via CB10
    Trauma Surgeon and Elite1 like this.
    05-26-15 10:04 PM
    The screen really is a total knock-out for viewing XR, XT & MR images.
    now you need them to let you share image folder in blend so you can look up the images anywhere you are. patient wants you to explain it and you dont have it with you? pull it up on phone? well, im sure there are better ways to do this than blend. i just share my movies folder and watch them when i need to kill time.
    05-26-15 10:06 PM

Posted via CB10
    Welcome to the exclusive club.

Now you're like the rest of us wondering why people crap on the device when it's obviously awesome, lol.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    05-26-15 11:09 PM
    Welcome to the exclusive club.

Now you're like the rest of us wondering why people crap on the device when it's obviously awesome, lol.
    Hmm, it is only a (smart)-phone. BlackBerry still seems to be missing the point with much of their advertising. As in, is there any! Not having native Kindle, Medscape and a few other key apps is definitely disappointing.

It puzzles me that they co-develop a Facebook app but not one for Kindle. After all there was a native Kindle for the 9900 - even on the tiny screen.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-15 11:34 PM
    If you really want to bother your colleague, charge his dying IP6 from your Passport using the OTG adapter .

Let him know "First one's free".
    05-27-15 08:56 AM
    If you really want to bother your colleague, charge his dying IP6 from your Passport using the OTG adapter .

Let him know "First one's free".
    Hmm, I told him to buy a passport! Must check out that OTG adapter though.

Posted via CB10
    thatplaybookguy likes this.
    05-27-15 09:10 AM
    If you use it for passing Xrays can't you just write all of it off on your taxes since you use it at work? That would give it much higher marks.
    05-27-15 12:08 PM
36 12