I'm wondering if he's getting PACS quality detail and what the HIPPA guidelines are...
    05-27-15 01:04 PM
    It took a few days to get acclimated to the Passport keyboard, although at the time I transitioned I was also using my Z30 as my personal phone.

My reaction the first day was "uh oh..." but after a week I was fine and liking it more than the Z30. About a month later I decided that using the Z30 with the Passport was not working out for me so I charged it up, took the sim out, did a security wipe and stored it back in the box.

Then I went out and got a second Passport.

Passport 10.3.2.680
    05-27-15 02:30 PM
    First day of complete reliance on Passport (with trusty Q10 as backup device). Very impressed. It has been used with all accounts and all phone calls, and also used as a USB stick to share radiology imaging with colleagues.

We have notoriously bad cell reception. With that in mind, I have to tell you that it still has 70% battery reserve. Yup, 70%. That is quite stunning.

Two small caveats: 1. Screen brightness is at a reasonably low level: 2. I disabled 4G as our phones constantly hunt for 3G and 2G connectivity as it is on a good day.

The screen really is a total knock-out for viewing XR, XT & MR images. Meanwhile an iPhone 6-using colleague asked if I had an iPhone charger!

Posted via CB10
    Are you an EMT/Doctor?

AWESOME quick report .... looking forward to reading an in-depth review especially with medial equipment connectivity as you're allowed to report. Also are you on BES10/BES12?

PS: 4G LTE is not the same as 2G/3G.
    Different bands for the most of carriers, maybe 850/900Mhz are shared but the upper bands not.
    Think of 2/3G as GPRS/EDGE respectively.
    05-27-15 06:56 PM
    Hmm, it is only a (smart)-phone. BlackBerry still seems to be missing the point with much of their advertising. As in, is there any! Not having native Kindle, Medscape and a few other key apps is definitely disappointing.

It puzzles me that they co-develop a Facebook app but not one for Kindle. After all there was a native Kindle for the 9900 - even on the tiny screen.

Posted via CB10
    They didn't co-develop FaceBook ... they MADE it entirely in-house and have always done so from the very beginning. ONLY help FB has provided was related to the connections - which is probably on their (FB) support page and referenced. Twitter the same as Twitter employees all used iOS devices/Android as that is their marketed preference. Kindle is Amazon and they want ppl purchasing THEIR products not a competing product that could hurt sales. Amazon took about a year - 2 to release the iOS/Android apps. Finally don't blame BB blame that bumbling oaf that from the get go pushed for ported Android apps - effectively killing the platform before it could have legs.
    05-27-15 07:00 PM
    First day of complete reliance on Passport (with trusty Q10 as backup device). Very impressed. It has been used with all accounts and all phone calls, and also used as a USB stick to share radiology imaging with colleagues.

We have notoriously bad cell reception. With that in mind, I have to tell you that it still has 70% battery reserve. Yup, 70%. That is quite stunning.

Two small caveats: 1. Screen brightness is at a reasonably low level: 2. I disabled 4G as our phones constantly hunt for 3G and 2G connectivity as it is on a good day.

The screen really is a total knock-out for viewing XR, XT & MR images. Meanwhile an iPhone 6-using colleague asked if I had an iPhone charger!

Posted via CB10
    Doc B??
    05-27-15 10:50 PM
    They didn't co-develop FaceBook ... they MADE it entirely in-house and have always done so from the very beginning. ONLY help FB has provided was related to the connections - which is probably on their (FB) support page and referenced. Twitter the same as Twitter employees all used iOS devices/Android as that is their marketed preference. Kindle is Amazon and they want ppl purchasing THEIR products not a competing product that could hurt sales. Amazon took about a year - 2 to release the iOS/Android apps. Finally don't blame BB blame that bumbling oaf that from the get go pushed for ported Android apps - effectively killing the platform before it could have legs.
    Wouldn't Amazon benefit more from helping BB make a native kindle app though? I mean they had no problems with the Amazon store app... Plus, BB really is a good e-reader... with a kindle app, people would be more books FROM amazon, instead I get mine from other sources.
    05-27-15 10:57 PM
    Wouldn't Amazon benefit more from helping BB make a native kindle app though? I mean they had no problems with the Amazon store app... Plus, BB really is a good e-reader... with a kindle app, people would be more books FROM amazon, instead I get mine from other sources.
    I believe this is correct. I DO not buy from Amazon as there is no native app.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-15 11:19 PM

Posted via CB10
    Hi TS,
    Just wondering, would you write a short follow up, as how your new device works compared to the Q10? Interested in general speed and battery life.
    Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 06:07 AM
    Thanks trauma surgeon, I have wondered myself what I will do should my current Q10 begin to fail on me. My current list of favoured replacements:

1. The oldie but a goodie Q10
    2. The Passport even though it lacks the removable battery.
    3. The Iphone 6 with Incipio hardshell case containing a removable battery.

Thanks again for your helpful postings.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 06:34 AM
    It's my first day suing the passport as well, and it has just been amazing. I got myself a used q10 at first to see if I'd like bbos, and to get myself trying out different phone OS as well, and just found BBOS amazing.

Everything is just even a huge improvement on passport. The only thing is I use Google maps and a few Google services a lot, for and cobalt232 got me covered. (thanks to the youtuber Erica griffin pointing that out).

I thought it would be weird to switch from the four row keyboard to this three row one, but so far I am doing just fine. What a pity I couldn't get myself a white one, but this black passport looks stunning as well. Amazing!

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 06:50 AM
    i agree ... yet it wasn't always like that before the Amazon app-store deal.
    05-28-15 06:11 PM
36 12