The lights on my passport's keyboard won't go on even in the dark. The same problem we had in the q10 but was manageable by taking the battery out. Anyways am frustrated and I restarted and turned off the device but didn't seems to fix the problem. I'll try restoring the device.

If anyone experienced the same problem or has a fix please comment.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 03:39 PM
    It got fixed. Deleted some recently downloaded apps and restarted the device.

I tried restoring the device but the blackberry link didn't seem to recognize me passport.

Anyways I hope I don't face the problem again.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 03:48 PM
    Had this problem too, had to restart the device for it to come back on.
    10-22-14 04:50 PM
    Had to restart mine one time for the same issue. Hasn't happened again though.

Passport on AT&T
    10-22-14 05:13 PM
    had same problem
    started BBVE and did the sensor test . status of all sensors: 'not available'.
    restart fixed it

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 06:30 PM
    Well now am having another dilemma with my Passport. The proximity sensor stopped working. I tried resetting, hard rest, turning off the device and restoring. Nothing seems to work. Am heading for my carrier for possible replacement. If someone had the problem or has it please let me know how did it go.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 01:36 PM
    Well now am having another dilemma with my Passport. The proximity sensor stopped working. I tried resetting, hard rest, turning off the device and restoring. Nothing seems to work. Am heading for my carrier for possible replacement. If someone had the problem or has it please let me know how did it go.

Posted via CB10
    How do I find out if mine is working or not? Thanks.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1154
    10-26-14 01:41 PM
    The keyboard light going off is definitely a software bug... thought haven't had it happen since upgrading to:

As for the proximity sensor - there have been software bugs with that too, though I have not experienced an issue with it on Passport yet.

You guys should download BlackBerry Virtual Expert to conduct tests, before considering hardware to be at fault for proximity sensor:

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/27226887

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 02:05 PM
    I already have the blackberry virtual expert and tested the proximity sensor and it failed. It has been a day now and nothing seems to fix the problem. Frustrated it what I am

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 05:41 PM
    Make a call and put your hand on the front camera. The sensor is near that area. If the screen doesn't black out that means you have a problem with the proximity sensor.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 05:42 PM
    I went and got my passport replaced. I hope this one work smooth. Still loving it
    10-27-14 08:42 AM
    I have been having the same issue. I went to Blackberry Forums Support Help page and found the solution on knowledge base KB36375.

Basically says
    "The BlackBerry Passport Sensors are no longer detecting changes in the current environment that pertain to:

Lighting
    Proximity
    Magnetic direction
    Acceleration
    Gyroscopic positioning
    This may lead to the following behaviors:

The Keyboard backlight does not turn on in dark environments.
    The display brightness does not respond to changes in the surrounding lighting conditions.
    While on a phone call, the display screen does not turn off when the BlackBerry Passport is held up to the ear.
    The Compass, as well as other augmented reality application(s), may not function correctly.

The software communication with the sensors providing this functionality has been interrupted and changes in sensor information are no longer detected.

This issue is under investigation. A resolution is currently unavailable."

I am debating on exchanging my Passport so let us know if your new one doesn't have the same issue.
    10-27-14 09:15 AM
    You have one year warranty on your passport so I wouldn't worry about it too much. I've updated my z30 and to Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.938 and my proximity sensor also does not work in the phone app only.

Perhaps an issue with the new version. Perhaps not but why not get it replaced if you can. Otherwise try a hard reboot, which I believe is the same on the passport as the z30. Hold both volume up and down keys until the phone reboots

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 11:01 AM
    I have been having the same issue. I went to Blackberry Forums Support Help page and found the solution on knowledge base KB36375.

Basically says
    "The BlackBerry Passport Sensors are no longer detecting changes in the current environment that pertain to:

Lighting
    Proximity
    Magnetic direction
    Acceleration
    Gyroscopic positioning
    This may lead to the following behaviors:

The Keyboard backlight does not turn on in dark environments.
    The display brightness does not respond to changes in the surrounding lighting conditions.
    While on a phone call, the display screen does not turn off when the BlackBerry Passport is held up to the ear.
    The Compass, as well as other augmented reality application(s), may not function correctly.

The software communication with the sensors providing this functionality has been interrupted and changes in sensor information are no longer detected.

This issue is under investigation. A resolution is currently unavailable."

I am debating on exchanging my Passport so let us know if your new one doesn't have the same issue.
    I'm very happy to tell you that I don't have the proximity sensor problem any more in my replaced passport and am running the latest software 10.3.0.908 so I would recommend trying to get yours replaced or incase they refused then maybe a new update will include a fix to the proximity problem.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 04:46 PM
    10-28-14 04:54 PM
    Reset

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 04:55 PM