So last weekend I was volunteering at the annual Gulf Coast triathlon in Panama city, Florida and chose to get out on a kayak while the racers were doing their swim. The kayaks had, what I thought to be, water-tight compartments that I wanted to put my bag of stuff in.

It turns out the compartment wasn't exactly very reliable. I opened up the back and realized I had been taking on water. My bag was half soaked with salt water and I immediately resigned to the thought that my PP was ruined. Lo and behind I was correct.

Somehow my Sim card survived and I was able to put it back into my HTC One M8 for the time being, but it's just not the same. Thankfully I can at least use my upgrade through at&t and get their version of the passport, though I am seriously going to miss the sharp corners.

Anybody else have the at&t passport and can comment on it? It would be much appreciated.

RIP Blackberry Passport #1 Dec '14-May '15

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-12-15 01:25 PM
    Sorry about your phone. Enjoy the now softer edged version.
    05-12-15 01:46 PM
    I have the round edged Passport and I like it a lot.
    05-12-15 01:54 PM
    Wait. What's with the rough edge and soft edge? M lost here.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 02:30 PM
    Wait. What's with the rough edge and soft edge? M lost here.

Posted via CB10
    The at&t version has rounded corners were as the original has sharp corners. I too was confused when I saw the passport at at&t store. Then I came home and did some research to find out the difference. At&t wanted their passport to stand out from other passports.

Posted via the amazing 'Red' BlackBerry Passport
    05-12-15 08:00 PM
    You'll like the AT&T. Doesn't look as sexy as the original IMO but is better balanced, feels better in the hand, types better, and has wireless charging.

The functionality benefits led to me selling my OG Passport.

BlackBizzle my nizzle
    05-12-15 09:31 PM
    You'll like the AT&T. Doesn't look as sexy as the original IMO but is better balanced, feels better in the hand, types better, and has wireless charging.

The functionality benefits led to me selling my OG Passport.

BlackBizzle my nizzle
    I agree with you, although I prefer the original on looks alone. Can upgrade on my AT&T account, but don't see a reason to pay the $200 and jack up my bill $15/month.

My mom has the AT&T version of the Passport and it feels a bit better in the hand with the extra chin, is easier to type on with the rounded corners and, while I've had no build quality issues on the original, the AT&T version seems really well built.

I don't think that the AT&T version stands out as much as the original, but for productivity purposes it's a solid choice. I use my mom's every now and then for fun and I recently put a skin on it and got rid of the Seidio case and it is so much better.

Basically naked, just has a Skinomi skin which was easy to put on, looks nice, and more of a fair comparison over the original. Ultimately, like the functionality of the AT&T version better, but love the aesthetics of the original. The AT&T version def has a different feel for the better in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 10:08 PM
    Based on your story, your Passport didn't actually took a drink... it was forced to drink...

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 10:24 PM
    He waterboarded his Passport.

BlackBizzle my nizzle
    Graahle likes this.
    05-12-15 10:28 PM
    Based on your story, your Passport didn't actually took a drink... it was forced to drink...

Posted via CB10
    Like Pharaoh and his army, "it got drowned..."

I think my Classic would have been in the glove box or the wife's purse (while she's on shore)...
    05-12-15 10:31 PM
    My thoughts and pray are with you. The ATT Passport is geared towards consumers with the rounded edges. It feels less industrial for sure. Not bad.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-15 10:39 AM
    Thanks for all the input. The passport was my first blackberry, so I'm dying to get back to it.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-13-15 01:13 PM
    The at&t version has rounded corners were as the original has sharp corners. I too was confused when I saw the passport at at&t store. Then I came home and did some research to find out the difference. At&t wanted their passport to stand out from other passports.

Posted via the amazing 'Red' BlackBerry Passport
    What?? You actually saw a Passport in a at&t store?? Now i understand your confusion...

Posted via CB10
    05-13-15 02:22 PM