What is are those having this problem using?

Posted via CB10
    04-06-15 05:10 PM
    I'm running so 10.3.1.2708
    Just experienced the no keyboard lights and no notification sounds. I did a reboot and everything returned back to normal. I hope I don't get this again. I think I'll scream if it does lol

Anyone else?

MH
    04-07-15 11:58 AM
    I got this problem yesterday!
    Reboot did not help!
    I still do not know what happened!
    My passport is on 10.3.1.1779
    04-27-15 01:08 AM
    I have to reload the OS, and now my passport is back to normal
    04-27-15 09:14 AM
    Reboot worked!!! Thank you fellow Blackberry Passport users!
    04-27-15 07:50 PM
    My passport keyboard is currently not lighting up when dark. I have tried reboots in the past and they fix the problem temporarily. What should I do? Is a return my only option?

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 09:32 PM
    have you tried wiping and starting over? I must admit that I recently did a wipe and now all of a sudden I have these extra features. The passport is literally lighting up and shooting up pop-ups which has been really neat.
    05-08-15 11:13 AM
    I've got a BlackBerry Q5 it is also having the same issue of most of the others have....which is proximity and light sensors not working...which is a very hectic thing and certainly not expected from a brand like BlackBerry. Since i've installed the the new OS 10.3.1.1779 initially it worked fine after few reboots everyday....and after a week the sensors were dead even after I applied factory setting.
    I've seen this issue is on since a year and a half...and still the BlackBerry is doing just nothing with this.
    Really disgusted.!!!
    It will be really great if they refund me the amount I paid for the product.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-15 08:25 AM
    Look in Settings under the "Accessibility", then in there touch the "Display Settings" when that opens, Go to "Virtural Keyboard Appearance", Select "Automatic", if your in a bright lighted area the keyboard will not light. However this should now in the Automatic mode allow the Keyboard light up in low lighted area, etc. You can do a Restart afterwards as well. However it should not be necessary. Hope this helps. I just had a friend call me with the keyboard lighting problem that I see being posted here. It was on the dark setting, changed it to Automatic and now working accordingly. Software release 10.3.2.2474 Os Ver 10.3.2.2639
    12-15-15 09:46 PM
    Hello guys, this always works:

My passport keyboard does not light up when dark-img_20151215_232525.png

Posted via CB10
    12-15-15 11:26 PM
    This problem happened to me for the first time about a month ago. Since then I have seen it once a week, except this week it is happening every day multiple times a day. I pretty much expect to reboot my phone 3 times a day now.
    01-18-16 09:09 PM
    I had that exact problem and it was the light and proximity sensor that was damaged. I had to open my Q10 and changed it myself. Now it's working fine.

Posted via CB10
    ShalokShalom likes this.
    01-19-16 12:33 AM
    same issue here, up to 5 reboots a day (
    Happens without foreground apps running so it's either a headless app causing trouble or an OS issue of some sort.

Posted via CB10
    MichaelD93 likes this.
    01-22-16 04:25 PM
    Had the same problem once. Powered off and restart, issue resolved.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-16 04:58 PM
    Yeah, well, one reboot does not fix it for everybody. Many people see the issue come back rather soon after rebooting. You seem to be one of the lucky few where the single reboot did fix it.
    For my part, I have run a security wipe yesterday after backing up everything. Then restored the apps but not their settings. For the time bring, that did it. Wonder for how long...

Posted via CB10
    01-24-16 03:16 AM
    [QUOTE=Rolsi;10929908]I can't use my passport in the dark to type. Is this just my phone? Is there an option to turn the keyboard light on when typing in the dark?
    07-17-16 01:27 PM
    It's a glitch that sometimes happens. Just reset and comes back. Also carry BBVE test on keyboard.

Posted via Passport SE Maximus Productivity
    wlmss likes this.
    07-19-16 07:09 AM
    Well, it is happening to me more and more often recently. Previously a single restart would help. Now it needs multiple restart. Sometimes it comes back on by itself. Lately I have had to restart a few time (without any result) then leave it running like that for a few hours and restart again to get it back to normal.

The light and proximity sensor are on an individual piece separated from the main board. It is connected to the main board by contact with the main board laying on top of it from the back. It's just contact like that and not screwed together. So I guess on some device this contact becomes a bit loose over time and some vibration could cause the contact to separate for a brief millisecond, which is enough to cause the chip to not recognize it and screw up the system. Hence it takes multiple restart before the system can work properly again.

But it is just a guess and I am no electronic wiz.

Posted from my Passport
    wlmss likes this.
    07-19-16 08:27 AM
    I'm having the same problem with my Passport. It used to be intermittent, and rebooting would solve it. It became more frequent and now I can't seem to get the sensors working at all. Rebooting doesn't work as a fix anymore. All 6 sensors say unavailable (no compass, rotate, proximity, light, etc).

I've got the latest version and restoring to factory settings didn't do anything... suggestions? I was kind of hoping 10.3.3 would be here by now so that I could see if that fixed it.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-16 01:40 PM
    Had this happen one time on att version. Hard reset and never again.

Sent from a Silver Passport.
    07-27-16 02:05 PM
    Had this happen one time on att version. Hard reset and never again.

Sent from a Silver Passport.
    That used to work for me, now even that doesn't work. It's too bad, because I generally like the phone.
    07-27-16 02:43 PM
    Well, if my Passport got to that stage, I would disassemble it to clean the contacts of the parts that are not fixed to the main board, make sure they can not wiggle around too much. If that doesn't work, a search on eBay or Amazon for replacement Passport would be in order.

I just notice the loss of proximity and light sensors often happen when I am reading on the car or minibus with the Passport leaning against the front seat or the hand holding it is on my thigh. This means a lot of vibration for the Passport. Not sure if this causes the lost of sensors.

Posted from my Passport
    07-28-16 11:32 AM
    I had a similar symptom with my Passport. Wiping the display glass caused the sensors to fail spontaneously so it was not so much about vibration. Reboot would fix it but rebooting five times a day became too nagging. So I disassembled the Passport, reseated the sensor module which is connected to the mainboard through spring contacts, and that fixed it for some months. The issue appears to come back now, but only rarely.
    ShalokShalom likes this.
    07-29-16 06:37 AM
    Hi, that's issue with case. Please take out your case & restart.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-16 08:07 PM
    It has happened perhaps three times since I've had my SE. I simply restart.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-16 08:25 PM
73 123