So everything was fine and dandy until the latest update then I started having the double typing issue, but lastnight it went haywire, it called my friends, parents and my boss all on its own several times in my pocket, turned its flashlight on twice by its self and added a random contact to my favorite contacts. Is there anything I can do about this? Its driving me crazy.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-15 09:09 AM
    Do you have a Q10 or a passport? Do you lock the phone before you put it in your pocket?
    04-02-15 11:15 AM
    You could put a password to unlock your phone..1 problem solved. There is no solution that I've read regarding the double typing.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-15 11:25 AM
    Its a passport. I hit the sleep button before putting it in my pocket.

Posted via CB10
    Zeratul57 likes this.
    04-02-15 02:32 PM
    It sounds possessed. Since it only started after the update maybe you should backup wipe and restore?
    moody likes this.
    04-02-15 02:45 PM
    I turned off swipe to wake on my Passport because the screen would unlocked and don't always want to type a password, but I guess the screen size and my loose pockets, never had a problem since

Posted by Jzamalot
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-02-15 02:59 PM
    (try picture password maybe? See if that's better, I use it and like it.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 02:33 AM
    I like pressing the letter U, then swiping from there, I have picture password set to every 1 hour

Posted by Jzamalot
    04-03-15 03:36 AM
    OP - have it exorcised. Quickly before it's too late.

Posted via CB10
    zombiecupcake and oscar01mx like this.
    04-03-15 07:27 AM
    I recently switchhed back from picture password. I liked it on the q10 but on the passport it seems like iit takes too long to search the entire screen for the number then drag it over. Is there any official way to downgrade an OS or do I hhave to find the files and do it with sachesi?

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 07:37 AM
    Just password lock it before putting it in your pocket. Also check to see if you have the "lift to wake", "flip to save power" or the "hold to stay awake" options on. I feel if you don't have a password lock that those two options could possibly be linked to pocket dialing, etc......
    Personally, if I don't have a holster to automatically lock the phone I always password lock my phone before it goes in my pocket.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 07:58 AM
    Haha OP you're funny. Down grading your OS won't solve your possess problem but it would fix your your double letters because I've tried it myself.

The reason it's pocket dialing is because something alerted the screen to be switch on like an incoming call wwhile it's in your pocket. When the scrreen is still on and your phone is moving with your body it creates all kind of touch gestures that you're not aware of. Best solution is to password protect it.

Btw the best and clean way to downgrade your OS is with autoloaders.

I recently switchhed back from picture password. I liked it on the q10 but on the passport it seems like iit takes too long to search the entire screen for the number then drag it over. Is there any official way to downgrade an OS or do I hhave to find the files and do it with sachesi?

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 08:02 AM
    I would also like to add that when "flip to save power" or "lift to wake" is on it bypasses the lock screen when it wakes your device after lifting the phone. This happens even if you have the phone set so that you have to swipe to get out of the lock screen. Personally I don't like how that works which is why I don't use any of those options.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 08:04 AM
    You will find that you still get occasional pocket dials even with swipe to wake turned off and screen locked. There is a new solution to the problem, an app called PocketSafe has just arrived in BlackBerry World. It not only prevents pocket dialing but also prevents accidental muting or face dialing while talking on the phone and pressing it against your face.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-15 01:00 PM
    Haha OP you're funny. Down grading your OS won't solve your possess problem but it would fix your your double letters because I've tried it myself.

The reason it's pocket dialing is because something alerted the screen to be switch on like an incoming call wwhile it's in your pocket. When the scrreen is still on and your phone is moving with your body it creates all kind of touch gestures that you're not aware of. Best solution is to password protect it.

Btw the best and clean way to downgrade your OS is with autoloaders.
    I counted two words in your response with the double typing issue. unless you were doing that on purpose.

Posted via Passport - 10.3.2.2339 
    07-28-15 01:16 PM
    So everything was fine and dandy until the latest update then I started having the double typing issue, but lastnight it went haywire, it called my friends, parents and my boss all on its own several times in my pocket, turned its flashlight on twice by its self and added a random contact to my favorite contacts. Is there anything I can do about this? Its driving me crazy.

Posted via CB10
    Not sure if you are a fan of cases or holsters but really the inside magnet puts the device to standby and on when you open or take it out of the case or holster.

 Passport SQW100-1 / leak 10.3.2.2252 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB
    07-28-15 01:50 PM
    TURN ENCYPTION ON. Now you have a password too.

Posted from a Passport or Z30. Get one!
    07-28-15 02:43 PM
    You will find that you still get occasional pocket dials even with swipe to wake turned off and screen locked. There is a new solution to the problem, an app called PocketSafe has just arrived in BlackBerry World. It not only prevents pocket dialing but also prevents accidental muting or face dialing while talking on the phone and pressing it against your face.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks frazerd! PocketSafe will solve your pocket dialing/typing issue indeed!

PocketSafe is out now, and you can get it free for a limited time (promo ends August 1st).

Promo code:
    POCKETSAFEFREE

If you prefer paying for it , head over here :
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59967056

Posted via CB10
    Matt J likes this.
    07-28-15 09:27 PM
    When using PocketSafe, to prevent getting the pop up every time your hand passes close to the sensor you can use battery saving mode. Swipe down from top of screen and you will see the Settings button. Turn on battery saving mode. With this option turned on the app will only function if it detects a close object within 10 seconds after the screen turns on. That will solve your problem. However, with battery saving on, your screen must be turned off before putting the phone in your pocket. Otherwise you will not be protected from pocket dialing until your screen turns off automatically, which may never happen if it begins pocket dialing right after it goes in your pocket.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-15 10:15 PM
    I like pressing the letter U, then swiping from there, I have picture password set to every 1 hour

Posted by Jzamalot
    This is the best setup. I'd do 15 or 30 minutes though. Disabling swipe to wake should save a little battery too, right?

Posted via CB10
    08-01-15 10:25 PM

Posted via CB10
    DO a factory reset and re-install the update using sachesi. Sometimes but albeit rare updates may clash with certain apps running on your device and/or it may have stalled a bit and did not download the correct file for the update. App conflicts and stalled downloading of updates can happen but are rare.
    08-02-15 09:27 AM
    After the last update, I had to do about 3 hard resets and about 3 soft resets before my device starting behaving normally. I don't know why it didn't "fix" the first time out, but it eventually started behaving just fine.

Never did a factory reset because that is such a pain+I wasn't able to complete a backup.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-15 12:54 PM