After 2 months of flawless performance, my Passport started behaving oddly last weekend.

It now takes about 15 seconds to wake up when I take it out of my pouch, the keyboard no longer lights up, the battery is draining faster and the brightness control is all to pot. Rebooting fixes everything temporarily but it reverts to this odd (and extremely annoying) behaviour pretty much as soon as it goes to sleep.

It all seemed to start at the same time as I started receiving notifications for the 10.3.1 update which I have passed up on. I can't see this being anything other than a coincidence though.

Why is there always some sort of hassle with BlackBerry devices these days? There always seems to be some sort of issue lurking in the background. Very trying!

Has anyone else experienced this particular issue?

Posted via CB10 on my Passport
    02-26-15 03:42 PM
    Did you install anything new? Android apps? Anything? When you say you passed on the update, did you disable automatic update?

Because nothing happens all of the sudden like that.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport - 10.3.1.2243
    02-26-15 04:02 PM
    That's what is so odd. I haven't installed any new apps (I maybe had one or two updates, I can't recall) and i turned off automatic updates as soon as I got my Passport.

I can't think of anything that could have triggered this.

02-26-15 04:10 PM
    It all seemed to start at the same time as I started receiving notifications for the 10.3.1 update which I have passed up on. I can't see this being anything other than a coincidence though.
    You're having problems with the 10.3.1.x update that you *didn't* install! That's new!

Your post was going so well, with specificity, then this generic statement about all BlackBerry's:

Why is there always some sort of hassle with BlackBerry devices these days? There always seems to be some sort of issue lurking in the background. Very trying!
    Why?
    02-26-15 04:18 PM
    After 2 months of flawless performance, my Passport started behaving oddly last weekend.

It now takes about 15 seconds to wake up when I take it out of my pouch, the keyboard no longer lights up, the battery is draining faster and the brightness control is all to pot. Rebooting fixes everything temporarily but it reverts to this odd (and extremely annoying) behaviour pretty much as soon as it goes to sleep.

Has anyone else experienced this particular issue?

The problem may be with some of the apps that required updating around that time. Many apps had updates in preparation for the OS update. My guess is that the 10.3.1 update will solve your specific issues. Some will advise against it, but it's got to be better than a security wipe. I did update and the issues are minimal and soon to be addressed with a maintenance release. The other thing you can do is delete apps one by one, starting with Android apps, then ports, then native apps that you can live without. When your device reaches stability you can stop deleting and start adding them back one by one. There are a few battery killer apps, particularly Skype and certain games. The culprit will be hiding in there somewhere. I think you should at least consider the update though as it has a battery saving mode.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2243 O2 UK
    02-26-15 04:30 PM
    So what your saying is wait for blackberry to release a fix via software download.? Also delete apps I've recently installed?? I did notice after I installed certain apps it started to behave strange

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 05:56 PM
    All devices no matter company have problems. Hang in there. Hopefully soon there will be a proper OS released
    02-26-15 06:03 PM
    me too ive been deleting android apps. but I think it was caused by updating ringcentral android version.
    02-26-15 06:35 PM
    Mine went to **** after a couple months too. I had a lot of installed apps but then reluctantly security wiped it and all is fine now

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 07:28 PM