I've had my AT&T Passport for about 2 weeks now and it's been working great!! Absolutely love the design, the keyboard/touchscreen hybrid, it truly is the blackberry I've been longing for. One thing though... the camera. Out of every 10 pics I get like maybe 3 clear sharp pics. With flash it still ends up a bit unclear. The video also seems unclear. For a 13 MP camera my Z10 seems superior. My Z10's camera rocked man! Took countless pics with the Zed in all kind of conditions. I can't seem to get a nice clear shot the first couple of tries. I see the autofocus working but it never locks on right. Is it my phone that maybe it's defective?? Please advise!! Running OS 2339

Posted via CB10
    08-15-15 04:44 PM
    I've had my AT&T Passport for about 2 weeks now and it's been working great!! Absolutely love the design, the keyboard/touchscreen hybrid, it truly is the blackberry I've been longing for. One thing though... the camera. Out of every 10 pics I get like maybe 3 clear sharp pics. With flash it still ends up a bit unclear. The video also seems unclear. For a 13 MP camera my Z10 seems superior. My Z10's camera rocked man! Took countless pics with the Zed in all kind of conditions. I can't seem to get a nice clear shot the first couple of tries. I see the autofocus working but it never locks on right. Is it my phone that maybe it's defective?? Please advise!! Running OS 2339

Posted via CB10
    Do you have something covering the lens? Transparent film?

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    08-15-15 04:45 PM
    Not at all.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-15 04:47 PM
    Finger?

Posted via CB10
    08-15-15 04:59 PM
    Finger?

Posted via CB10
    Um like finger prints? No. I wipe the lens every once and a while

Posted via CB10
    08-15-15 05:04 PM
    The stock camera software isn't great. Give Camera++ on BlackBerry World a whirl, it's well worth its price for the improved autofocus alone.

Posted via Passport. It's hip to be square.
    08-15-15 05:11 PM
    Hmm not many other variables here. It's a defective camera probably.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    08-15-15 05:13 PM
    Have you tried different camera apps from the appstore? I'm thinking about buying Camera++ for $2.99 as it has a good amount of manual controls and better shooting modes. Still need to check out some videos of it before I buy it though.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-15 05:15 PM
    Hmm not many other variables here. It's a defective camera probably.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    I was looking at the "pictures taken with your Passport" thread and my pics rarely come out like those... *sigh* I always have the camera setting on auto scene and 1:1 ratio

Posted via CB10
    08-15-15 05:17 PM
    Have you tried different camera apps from the appstore? I'm thinking about buying Camera++ for $2.99 as it has a good amount of manual controls and better shooting modes. Still need to check out some videos of it before I buy it though.

Posted via CB10
    It'll be pretty disappointing to have to buy another app to take pics... not like I'll return the Passport but still...

Posted via CB10
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    08-15-15 05:19 PM
    Do you still have time to return it? Unlocked silver edition passport can be used on any GSM carrier and I've heard the camera works pretty good.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    Morgase likes this.
    08-15-15 05:21 PM
    I do have time to return it but the silver edition is too pricey at the time.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-15 05:25 PM
    Have u tried the focusing trick. Hold the phone steady and then press and hold the screen and a box will come with a lock

Posted via CB10
    08-15-15 05:32 PM
    So I guess they can also exchange it for another Passport? I'd try to do that if the camera is too faulty.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    08-15-15 05:32 PM
    It's not faulty camera, it's totally unfinished camera software. Continuous autofocus messes up the timeshift, exposure is incorrectly transfered to screen, inability to change iso values makes night mode almost unusable etc. At the other hand sensor used in pp indeed has lots of potential.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 03:54 AM
    I do have time to return it but the silver edition is too pricey at the time.

Posted via CB10
    For the Extra couple of $'s I'd jump on it and have something that could make me Happy,because I hate that damn camera.lol
    08-16-15 06:49 AM
    So holding the camera steady, press and hold down on the shutter button, then releasing and you're on the latest OS release - you still get blurry pictures?

If so I'd return it. I get great pixs on my Passport

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 06:53 AM
    So holding the camera steady, press and hold down on the shutter button, then releasing and you're on the latest OS release - you still get blurry pictures?

If so I'd return it. I get great pixs on my Passport

Posted via CB10
    Great for Table Top Photos where the subject doesn't move ,lol
    08-16-15 06:56 AM
    I was looking at the "pictures taken with your Passport" thread and my pics rarely come out like those... *sigh* I always have the camera setting on auto scene and 1:1 ratio

Posted via CB10
    Well using 1:1 is part of the problem. 4:3 gives the highest resolution.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 07:05 AM
    I've found if you use the lock focus on a still object next to the moving objects that it works great. Had the same issue that you are describing when I'd try lock focusing on a person that's moving around. The software just can't focus on that moving object or person correctly. But like I mentioned, picking a still point in the photo to be captured seems to work.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" from Adam Savage
    08-16-15 07:51 AM
    This is nothing new. Google "Blackberry Passport Camera sucks".....and you will see your not alone. The issue is like a rash all over the internet.

The Passport is the perfect dream of a phone. Its superior in everyway. But the camera problem u mention is a common complaint. Simply put, it is very very bad.

Often I couldnt get a clear picture if my life depended on it. The issue isn't the physical camera: its the software.

Honestly my Passport could simply never take a close up photo . Never. I had to do 5-6 attempts at best.

I had a S3 and an S4 that took awesome photos so I sold my Passport and switched to Samsung due to the fact I needed a camera that worked well for my work.

Good luck and hopefully they will get it right in the Venice.
    08-16-15 09:11 AM
    Just hold screen until the green focus square appears then you will get perfect pictures

Posted via BBPP
    08-16-15 09:52 AM
    Hey guys so on the weekend I put my phone to the test and indeed the images 2 out 5 pics come out blurry/fuzzy. I hold the camera steady and hold the shutter button on the screen till it focuses green and release. Still fuzzy. Like someone mentioned a couple replies ago I will have to shoot like 5 times to get a clear pic. Below is the example. Also when taking videos, as the phone focuses it seems to like vibrate... very weird. Below is an example of the fuzzy/vibrating photo
    My only complaint about the Passport!!-img_20150816_144559.jpg

Posted via CB10
    08-17-15 11:48 AM
    I don't know man with a camera with such bad *** specs how can it now produce nice pics? I feel like the people complaining have defective phones like mine. Plus that thread "pictures taken with pp" has some really impressive pics!! I will be exchanging my phone sometime this week and will update you all on the findings

Posted via CB10
    08-17-15 11:57 AM
    This is nothing new. Google "Blackberry Passport Camera sucks".....and you will see your not alone. The issue is like a rash all over the internet.

The Passport is the perfect dream of a phone. Its superior in everyway. But the camera problem u mention is a common complaint. Simply put, it is very very bad.

Often I couldnt get a clear picture if my life depended on it. The issue isn't the physical camera: its the software.

Honestly my Passport could simply never take a close up photo . Never. I had to do 5-6 attempts at best.

I had a S3 and an S4 that took awesome photos so I sold my Passport and switched to Samsung due to the fact I needed a camera that worked well for my work.

Good luck and hopefully they will get it right in the Venice.
    I don't know man with a camera with such bad *** specs how can it now produce nice pics? I feel like the people complaining have defective phones like mine. Plus that thread "pictures taken with pp" has some really impressive pics!! I will be exchanging my phone sometime this week and will update you all on the findings

Posted via CB10
    08-17-15 11:58 AM
33 12