So my passport, overall looks slightly used. No drop marks, always in a case. Slight screen lift, in the usual bottom right corner.

Just within the last could of days, I've noticed that it has stopped ringing when I get a phone call. I have checked and changed the ringer sound, volume, and profile settings. and it's all the same, no ring when I get a phone call.

I still get notification alerts when I have my alarm clock go off, when I get emails, or text messages.

Also, lately, I cannot always reply to a text message I receive. Some times it takes a few minutes to allow me to reply, other times it's taken almost 24 hours, before I was able to even see the message, let alone start typing a reply.

What are my options? I tried rebooting. Should I try a complete device wipe? Will that resolve such issues? It's been a long time since I've had to do one, so I don't want to lose some other messages and information that I have acquired in the last couple of days/weeks.

Thanks in Advance!
    09-16-16 09:49 AM
    Sounds more like a software issue..... firm believer in doing a fresh install every now and then with BB10.
    Serkle K likes this.
    09-16-16 09:57 AM
    I agree. I had problems with my passport glitching out and was able to fix them with a fresh install using my computer

Posted via CB10
    Serkle K likes this.
    09-16-16 10:04 AM
    Back up contacts first, then wipe, then do fresh install, add contacts only, you should be good to go

Blackberry Passport Running 10.3.2.2813
    Serkle K likes this.
    09-16-16 10:19 AM
    Definitely wipe it using your computer via BlackBerry Link, a lot of people have issues doing it through the Passport itself. Plug it into your computer, call up Link, and restore device.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-16 10:26 AM
    Did you reboot by turning off then back on, or a hard reset by holding the up and down volume buttons?
    09-16-16 07:54 PM
    Did you reboot by turning off then back on, or a hard reset by holding the up and down volume buttons?
    Yep, I'd always try a Soft Reset first, it's a lot less hassle than a backup, wipe and restore. Doesn't take long to do, and if you still have no joy, you can then do the full wipe procedure.

From http://support.blackberry.com/kb/art...ber=000002141:
    Note: A reset of a BlackBerry 10 smartphone does not delete any settings or data.
    To perform a soft reset on the BlackBerry 10 smartphone, complete one of the following:
    • Press and hold the Power key for 10 seconds.
    • Press and hold the Volume up key and the Volume down key at the same time for 10 seconds.
    Last edited by BigAl_BB9900; 09-17-16 at 07:16 PM. Reason: nomenclature mix-up
    09-17-16 06:38 PM
    What exactly DOES a soft reset change? (that link doesn't work)
    09-18-16 08:29 AM
    Yep, I'd always try a Soft Reset first, it's a lot less hassle than a backup, wipe and restore. Doesn't take long to do, and if you still have no joy, you can then do the full wipe procedure.

From http://support.blackberry.com/kb/art...ber=000002141:
    Note: A reset of a BlackBerry 10 smartphone does not delete any settings or data.
    To perform a soft reset on the BlackBerry 10 smartphone, complete one of the following:
    • Press and hold the Power key for 10 seconds.
    • Press and hold the Volume up key and the Volume down key at the same time for 10 seconds.
    I'm not sure why you're quoting me on this. I was asking if the OP had done this. I'm aware that it doesn't delete any data.
    09-18-16 10:50 AM
    It helps to reboot every one and now.

I think the cache management system is a bit bonkers after awhile.

BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    09-18-16 01:38 PM
    I'm not sure why you're quoting me on this. I was asking if the OP had done this. I'm aware that it doesn't delete any data.
    I think my reply started off as a quick 'Yep' - as an agreement to what you had written...

Then I wasn't sure whether it was Soft or Hard Reset being referred to.... so to clarify things for the OP, I then added the blurb and link from the BlackBerry Support page.

In hindsight, I could have removed the quote (your stuff) at that point, but I didn't think of it, was distracted, etc, etc

Would you like me to edit the post and remove the quote (your stuff)?
    PHughes likes this.
    09-19-16 08:38 AM
    I think my reply started off as a quick 'Yep' - as an agreement to what you had written...

Then I wasn't sure whether it was Soft or Hard Reset being referred to.... so to clarify things for the OP, I then added the blurb and link from the BlackBerry Support page.

In hindsight, I could have removed the quote (your stuff) at that point, but I didn't think of it, was distracted, etc, etc

Would you like me to edit the post and remove the quote (your stuff)?
    Nope, no need. I was just curious. I probably shouldn't have even replied. I figured that's what you were doing. Sorry about that. I was working on low coffee.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    09-19-16 12:48 PM
    Nope, no need. I was just curious. I probably shouldn't have even replied. I figured that's what you were doing. Sorry about that. I was working on low coffee.
    No problem at all re: asking - reviewing my post, I can see why you would be wondering why I had quoted you.

Btw - my sympathy re: low coffee - about 10 years ago I was made to cut down from my previous 12+ cups of filter coffee per day to a measly 3 cups per day (Dr's orders due to palpitations etc), and though the caffeine-withdrawal headaches went away after a few months, I don't think I've ever managed to get back to my previous levels of alertness. (Surprisingly enough, I've never had palpitations since!).
    PHughes likes this.
    09-19-16 03:47 PM
    Thanks for the input folks. I have done soft resets. I was in the process of backing it up and wiping it, when after a few failed backups, I had to head out somewhere, and after I took it off the USB from the computer, things started to work.
    PHughes likes this.
    09-26-16 08:42 AM
    OP sounds like you have the dreaded corrupt text conversation problem that I had with my z10. I made a huge post on the ordeal a few years ago and wiping the entire phone and starting from scratch fixed it. The text convos go corrupt and you can't delete them etc.

Posted via CB10 Passport
    09-26-16 11:08 AM