This is my 11th year of a pretty close relationship with an impressive chain of smartphones, all of them BlackBerry branded and always outstanding: performance, form factor, endurance, ... you name it. I've met and also worked with apples and all the rest, but never found matching or even serious competition with the BlackBerry work horse.
    My Passport is a gate to the World and I can do anything and more compared to a heavy duty notebook, laptop or desktop.
    The difference is: I can operate all these things at the same time and speedy: ‎phoning and texting, sending mails with any attachments whatsoever, copy any image or sound or video, work with pdf,...
    And when I put my BlackBerry down to the table, the sound of dynamic beats and music encounters my ears and heart, accompanied with my whistle blows as to express my confidence and trust in my BlackBerry as a never failing help.
    This devine device is not a one trick pony, it is not a piece of fruit, nor a devilish intruding Faecesbook faking and breaking privacy tool.
    No, ‎my BlackBerry is an always available helping friend in anything I do.

BlackBerry Passport | 10.3.2.2836 | SQW100-1
    03-19-16 05:05 AM
    Ok you are crying as you type. I know...Joke aside, your post makes my day, sir
    All the best to you and your Passport

Posted via Passport Silver Edition 
    03-19-16 05:14 AM
    You remind me how much I miss my Passport
    alexeysalo likes this.
    03-19-16 05:36 AM
    Same feeling, my old friend!

Posted from BlackBerry Classic
    03-19-16 07:26 AM
    Passport SE, the best upgrade I could ever make. And I did.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-16 07:48 AM
    Awesome post! I think I can second your sentiment by saying that I fee the same way. There is nothing else like a BlackBerry and there never will be!

Posted via CB10
    03-19-16 08:11 AM
    Cheers

I raise my glass to you

My Canada My BlackBerry My Z30
    03-19-16 08:36 AM
    I was thinking about this yesterday.
    11-12 yrs ago I had to choose between BlackBerry, Palm(Treo 650) and Windows Mobile(HTC 8125)
    I chose WM because of file explore and transfer capabilities, among other functionality features.
    I joined Android when that came out but retained my love for Windows Phones, while constantly lusting for just about every high end device released. I now keep 2 to 3 phones/ OS around and swap as the feeling hits. (Craigslist is a Great resource)
    When the opportunity came up a couple weeks ago to get my hands on this beautiful PP SE, I jumped on it. I am impressed with how far the OS has come over the years and how well it works. Nit pick just as much as WP and Android.
    But unfortunately it looks I have run into a deal breaker with BT functionality. Hopefully another BlackBerry user knows how to solve my issue. (see thread, read SMS over BT)
    03-19-16 08:37 AM
    This is my 11th year of a pretty close relationship with an impressive chain of smartphones, all of them BlackBerry branded and always outstanding: performance, form factor, endurance, ...

Great post. Thank you!

Posted via CB10
    03-20-16 07:20 AM
    Second that! Great post!!!

Posted via CB10
    03-20-16 07:54 AM
    Same here. I've had a love affair over the past year with my Classic and Passport. OK, maybe more like a 3-way . I've looked several times at the Priv as well as other devices. While the offerings are nice. They just offer me a lot of what I don't want. Instead of what I need. I've not been so overly concerned with what my berrys can't do. I'm very pleased at what they actually do to help me focus on what's important.

Nothing last forever. So I will continue to use my Classic and Passport until it is no longer a practical option.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by schlemer; 03-20-16 at 05:15 PM.
    03-20-16 03:10 PM
    I agree with it all but what the heck are phone hoarders like myself gonna do 3-4 years from now when we are used to using a specific phone for along time
    03-20-16 03:51 PM
    Been holding my OG Passport for a year. Usually with a Q10 in tow, but I had to box it due to DT. Dammit.
    Gonna get a cheap Z3 just for the keyboard. But if I find out it can handle calls, emails, texts, BBM and internet browsing just the same, I might box the Passport and use that exclusively. I hate using 2 phones. Not anymore. Might get a cheap android or iPhone 4s just for some apps that I need but not actually want.

sigh.
    03-20-16 09:23 PM
    The Passport continues to be my favorite device . After a decade the Passport will be remembered as the best ever smart phone manufactured by the Blackberry and most importantly launched in a era dominated by all touch devices . I have two Passports , Z30 , Z10 , Torch and the Bold. BTW I am using the Priv as well because it has a amazing pkb slider mechanism.
    03-21-16 01:44 AM
    Speaking about the relationship with my Passport - when I first held it in my hands it really felt different in comparison to my last devices (which was an iPhone 5 and a Samsung Galaxy) and I didn't know if I could ever handle it especially since the keyboard was pretty hard to press on after unboxing. Months past and I notice more and more how awesome this device is after learning the functions. Though for sure I did miss some apps on BBOS, (never been a hardcore gamer on a smartphone though) the alternatives and the apps which are obtainable through BBW seem to be more than enough to me.
    But this keyboard, I really fell in love with it. Typing messages became so much easier and fun because of the prediction and the way you actually need to press something to get letters on the screen. Also the keyboard itself is a kind of touchpad which already got me in the beginning.
    Yea I'd upgrade my PP to a PP se only because of productivity and the keyboard anytime.

Posted via my lovely Passport ~
    03-21-16 12:23 PM
    Second your post. Still in love with it. I have tried Priv for one week and found out I can't stand Android OS. I still keep two Passports now since I can't find another phone as good.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-16 12:31 PM
    You remind me how much I miss my Passport
    That's exactly how I felt so I just bought a Passport SE on shopblackberry.ca!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-23-16 12:37 AM
    Ow yeah, I feel you! My PPSE is the single most important piece of equipment I use. Can not imagine NOT having it.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-16 12:58 AM
    Agree with you 100%. Big Red is with me all the time.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-16 09:53 AM
    It is a piece of fruit... technically, Just a less cultivated one and smaller, probably healthier one.
    03-23-16 10:22 AM
    This is my 11th year of a pretty close relationship with an impressive chain of smartphones, all of them BlackBerry branded and always outstanding: performance, form factor, endurance, ... you name it. I've met and also worked with apples and all the rest, but never found matching or even serious competition with the BlackBerry work horse.
    My Passport is a gate to the World and I can do anything and more compared to a heavy duty notebook, laptop or desktop.
    The difference is: I can operate all these things at the same time and speedy: ‎phoning and texting, sending mails with any attachments whatsoever, copy any image or sound or video, work with pdf,...
    And when I put my BlackBerry down to the table, the sound of dynamic beats and music encounters my ears and heart, accompanied with my whistle blows as to express my confidence and trust in my BlackBerry as a never failing help.
    This devine device is not a one trick pony, it is not a piece of fruit, nor a devilish intruding Faecesbook faking and breaking privacy tool.
    No, ‎my BlackBerry is an always available helping friend in anything I do.

Well said!

Could you possibly say the same about any other BlackBerry device like the Classic?

Posted via CB10
    03-23-16 03:29 PM
    Hello Conbrio, Thank you!
    My BlackBerry Z30 and Z10 are always at home, and I use the smallest one for music or video and the Z30 for single-handed browsing and texting. Its full touch KB is outstanding, superfast and unbeatable for huge amounts of text. To my experience the Z30 is the all time World and Olympic Gold Medal universal smartphone. My Z30 is more than 2 years old but still is brand new ever since.*
    All my devices operate under OS 10.3.2.2638 and are equipped with SD 64GB.
    As for the Classic, I've never had the opportunity to work with it, so it's impossible for me to compare this device to the BlackBerry Passport

03-23-16 04:56 PM
    Ah yes, the beloved Z30! That used to be my daily driver for a few years. That thing was an incredible device, it's too bad they didn't keep that lineage going. I have a buddy still uses the Z30 and he absolutely loves it.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-16 05:47 PM
    I love the keyboard, when pressing on it and it feels solid and clicky, it just brings so much satisfaction, like there's a happy hormones releases each time I'm typing on my Passport. LOL.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-16 08:36 PM
    I had a black Passport, tried the Priv, had it for 3 days, ordered a Passport SE and sent the Priv back. Blackberry OS 10 spoiled me. My Passport SE will have to be taken from my cold dead hands.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-16 09:24 PM
30 12