In the past 18 months I have had three Passports and all three have had problems.

The first one was purchased on day one from Blackberry. Straight outta the box it would randomly restart. Since it happened infrequently, I did not sweat it, but eventually it would restart multiple times per hour.

Sent to BB for warranty repair after WEEKS of going back and for with the �escalation team� at BB. I received a new/refurbished phone. The new phone works no problem. Great! I thought. Months go by and I decide to buy the SE. Bought it right before Xmas from B&H. Put my sim card into the phone and BAM! Random restarts. Inexplicably restarts while sitting on my table not being used. WFT!?!

Today my OG Passport won�t register on ATT. It is stuck in Emergency Call mode. One second it is working fine and the next- BOOM! The phone will not pick up the network. There is nothing wrong with the sim card, it works in my other phones. This phone has NEVER been abused or exposed to water. I have restarted the phone, I have wiped the phone, I have reinstalled software and I have tried all the little tricks people suggest in the CB forums with no luck. AND the phone is now out of warranty.

So I am frustrated and worried what this portends. I would like to continue buying BB phones but I have had nothing but bad luck with their phone. (I have had bad luck with the Z10 and Q10 also) I am actually nervous about buying other BB phones and will most definitely return the SE because dealing with BB customer service was AWFUL last time around.

BTW- I detest the iPhone and Android is just too much of a security risk.

Since the Passport has been launched I have had three PPs and all three had problems. To the BB faithful, what do you make of this? It seems that so many people have had great luck with theirs.

Many Thanks for your thoughts.

RT.
    01-05-16 11:06 PM
    Keep returning it until it is rectified? I understand your frustration though.
    01-06-16 12:45 AM
    I have a theory that if you buy a BlackBerry from Shop BlackBerry while they have some kind of sale on, then they will ship you a phone made very early on, such as a Passport made back in 2014 when they first came out.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-16 08:47 PM
    I have used BB phones since 2005; have got my black PP in Dec 2014; have had multiple sw issues with it, mainly battery related (false indications, drainage overnight, etc); had it resetting a couple times. Usually a sw reinstall will fix it. Overall pretty happy with it.
    01-06-16 09:19 PM
    I had the same emergency calls only issue - see here http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1053869

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-14-16 05:35 PM
    Yes, I have had the same issue with Restarts Randomly since I obtained the phone, three months ago.. I purchased one over a year ago from Amazon for the Mrs. she never has the issue and it's a early 2014 PP from Amazon Unlocked,BB promotional when they offered a rebate of old BB Z10 in exchange. Her PP phone never Restarts Randomly, I purchase another PP for a friend the same time I got my PP Silver and my friend a Silver. His never Restarts Randomly. I just did a Factory Restore on my phone. First day, seemed fine no more Random Restarts. Second Day,Then while Typing Text, Boom Random Restart. When I first notice Random Restarts when I first got the PP while Texting it would restart, then it would just restart on it's own.
    I'm puzzled, that the PP I have is Flawed electroncially, hardware or it may be some Android App, one thing recently I get a message about Gamebooster needs Password Update, at same time it does that it showes one or two other email accounts needing Password Update
    I have been with BB over 25 years with many versions. In past Five years I have Z10, currently using Z30 on Verizon and Passport on AT&T. I never had an issue with the Z's on either carrier's. But now I'm perplexed with my Silver PP.
    Has anyone else had this issue and may have a Helpful Hint on how to Resolve.
    Would Greatly Appreicate it.
    Thanks in Advance
    Ric
    03-03-16 06:19 AM
    Email accounts needing password updates used to be a weird network problem on att towers in 2010. That was on Palm hardware. There was nothing wrong with the accounts. It happened sometimes and was more like a loss of connectivity to poll the accounts rather than a password problem. Could have been ISP fault or att towers. Others experienced it too. Are random restarts related to loss of connectivity ?
    03-03-16 09:04 AM
    Welcome to the World Of Emergency calls only, your not alone...

Passport to heaven..
    03-03-16 09:11 AM
    Interesting! And plausible...

Posted via CB10
    03-03-16 01:36 PM