Greetings to all blackberry and crackberry members. I'm a long time admirer of the blackberry devices and one of my earliest phones was the bold 9300 which to this day is still my all time favourite phone.

Since then I have found myself using the Samsung note range (currently using the note 5). While I absolutely love my note I sometimes do find that my productivity takes a bit of a hit due to the distraction of certain apps. As such, I find myself intrigued by the passport Se even more. I've done quite a bit of research and was hoping to see if there were any people on here who have made the switch or had any advice on making the switch.

I work as a health professional and use my phone for emails, document processing and camera applications. While I do use a few social media apps and games I'm generally sending and receiving text and emails.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Nel

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-03-15 07:44 AM
    Greetings to all blackberry and crackberry members. I'm a long time admirer of the blackberry devices and one of my earliest phones was the bold 9300 which to this day is still my all time favourite phone.

Since then I have found myself using the Samsung note range (currently using the note 5). While I absolutely love my note I sometimes do find that my productivity takes a bit of a hit due to the distraction of certain apps. As such, I find myself intrigued by the passport Se even more. I've done quite a bit of research and was hoping to see if there were any people on here who have made the switch or had any advice on making the switch.

I work as a health professional and use my phone for emails, document processing and camera applications. While I do use a few social media apps and games I'm generally sending and receiving text and emails.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Nel

Actually, I am using the NOTE 3 and Passport Silver Edition, I do enjoy the big screen and plenty android apps. However, I am also deeply attracted by the productivity and convenience that Passport Silver Edition brought to my life. As for your case, Passport Silver Edition is absolutely capable of the email and document dealing, as for the camera application, because I don't use my Passport Silver Edition for that, purpose, I can't give you the answer. All in all, Passport Silver Edition is a really great cellphone and mostly it suits you scenarios well, you won't be disappointed with it after you touch it in person! Hope you make the best decision!

Posted via CB10
    Anel Kapur likes this.
    12-03-15 08:01 AM
    Sorry, the "big screen and plenty of apps" I was referring to the Note 3. LOL

Posted via CB10
    12-03-15 08:04 AM
    Hi Anel, I just switch to a Passport SE from samsung S6 few days ago. I got many BlackBerry since 2004 and the last bold 9900 in 2013. I use phone almost for work and for stay in contact with friends/girlfriend by apps since I'm traveling most part of my time.
    I do not see any advantage in using blackberry 10. I can admit that the battery is more powerful but also with samsung I have fast charging and you know it.
    Smartphone with good performances are more convenient to use.
    Anyway I want keep my BlackBerry because I like this style and I love the object. It's like a vintage camera or any other vintage object with modern specifications.
    I think I will stay more in contact with the real world now, less social networking, less news and then less eyes on the display instead to the world.
    Buy if you like it, but don't pretend to have the same performance and versatility of your note 5.
    Nearly forget the camera, can't even compare with your samsung, not only for the quality but also for the speed of focus. This is a pity because pictures are important.
    Sorry to write a no so good comment to an object I like

Posted via CB10
    Anel Kapur likes this.
    12-03-15 09:42 AM
    I just switched to a Passport from a Lumia 920 and Note 2 and I can tell you, the camera will be a disappointment. If you've got great lighting, Camera++ and a lot of patience, you'll probably be satisfied. But otherwise it's more of a flip of the coin if you get a focused shot without grinding your teeth a bit. And I was coming from a Note 2, not a Note 5, you will likely be appalled lol. I carried the Lumia around with me primarily because I hated the Note 2's camera...

The Passport is king of e-mails though and document processing though. Being able to answer text messages from your computer can also be very useful if you do it a lot.
    Anel Kapur likes this.
    12-03-15 09:55 AM
    I recently went from a Note 4 to a Passport SE and then to a Note 5. While I really liked the Passport SE (great build, sound, keyboard, call quality and hub), and the end of the day the terrible camera (especially compared to Samsung flagships) made me switch back to the Note.

If the camera isn't important to you, as well as not having all apps available or natively run, then the Passport SE is a solid device. Otherwise, stick with the Note or you'll regret your decision.

Posted via CB10
    Anel Kapur likes this.
    12-03-15 10:47 AM
    I work in biomedical science and while my old Note 3 was really good at productivity, I am happy I went for the passport (original). Some weeks ago I sold the OG to a friend and got myself a Christmas present, the SE passport.
    In terms of productivity it is the same experience, while in terms of feeling and quality it's way better. It kind of depends on what you want to use it for.
    Encrypted hospital emails and patient data transfer are no issue. MRI scans, Xray scans, Western Blot, immunofluorescence etc data are very easy to read due to the 'weird display form'.
    The battery lasts for sure for a whole day, even with pebble steel hooked on my phone Bluetooth, 4G LTE and very busy email and call-life the whole day (and music in between)...
    Enjoy the SE, you won't be disappointed!

Posted via CB10
    Anel Kapur likes this.
    12-03-15 11:41 AM
    A big thank you to everyone for the advice offered. it is very much appreciated. Looks like I'll have some thinking to do. Ideally I would've loved to get my hands on the Se or even a passport for that matter to see it in person but none of the stores here in Australia stock it as far as I know which is a disappointment.

12-03-15 02:18 PM
    Get the Passport SE ,you will love it!!

  
    12-03-15 02:34 PM
    Actually, I am using the NOTE 3 and Passport Silver Edition, I do enjoy the big screen and plenty android apps. However, I am also deeply attracted by the productivity and convenience that Passport Silver Edition brought to my life. As for your case, Passport Silver Edition is absolutely capable of the email and document dealing, as for the camera application, because I don't use my Passport Silver Edition for that, purpose, I can't give you the answer. All in all, Passport Silver Edition is a really great cellphone and mostly it suits you scenarios well, you won't be disappointed with it after you touch it in person! Hope you make the best decision!

Posted via CB10
    I was thinking about getting the passport or leap to go along with my note 3. How do you like the passport and note combination?
    12-03-15 04:50 PM