hello

as I'm abroad I cannot run the mobile hotspot in my phone.
    I have a message it's operator restrictions.
    I asked for help in T-mobile (Poland) and they told roaming data are enabled.
    I checked my sim in another phone and works without problem.

I searched another tethering software but no effect.
    Can anybody confirm the problem is in OS or is there any way to solve this?

thanks in advance.
    KK
    02-06-16 11:07 AM
    Mobile hotspots (aka tethering) is controlled by the carrier and their data plans. I bet if you roamed on another carrier, or when you return home it would work just fine.
    02-06-16 03:56 PM
    Generally speaking, when you're on roaming then all your connections are controlled and limited by your carrier depending on where you're going, which carrier you roam with and their services offered for you. In this case, mobile hotspot is hardly offered no matter what plan you're on, better off you hook up to any WiFi hotspot or simply, get an unlocked Wi-Fi hotspot modem and get a local mobile data sim. Alternatively just rent a WiFi hotspot modem at the airport.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-06-16 05:41 PM
    But this problem is only on my BlackBerry passport device. When I insert my sim to another (android) phone mobile hotspot works just fine.

I must use local cards of course because I dont have another option in this situation but on my plan I have 3Gigs free in roaming so buying additional cards is only extra unneded costs for me.

Are you thinking is possible the abroad carrier have limitations to blackberry?

Posted via CB10
    02-10-16 01:07 PM
    No matter if it's an HTC, BlackBerry, iPhone, Nokia or Windows Phone they all use the same data plans.

The carriers can detect the type of devices connecting to the network but it's rare these days that they block any, they'll usually happy to collect the money from the SIM use.

The fact that it won't work on the Passport indicates that the carrier has a block in place with that hardware type. All I can offer is that you contact the carrier.

Wish I could help more!

Posted via CB10 and the BlackBerry Passport
    02-12-16 08:17 PM