my sony bravia tv does not have wifi, but I do have a WD Live TV Player hooked up to it ...well, I tried to watch a movie with miracast from my passport ...first, I checked for a firmware update on the WD and it installed over wifi without any folderol & rebooted itself ...then I checked the network & it showed miracast was already activated & searching on auto ...so I clicked the miracast button on the passport under wifi in settings & badda-bing/badda-boom there was "WD TV Live" listed ...touch that & it shows connecting on the tv screen & a few seconds later, done... there's the phone's screen right on the TV ...played the movie with the movie player on the fone & after a little fiddling with the tv to make it stretch to the screen width ("full-zoom") it was on... WOW ...did I say WOW !! I am so easy to please...
    diegonei and spike12 like this.
    01-21-15 06:04 PM
    Let's add WD Live TV Player to the list of supported miracast devices! WooHooo!
    01-21-15 10:36 PM
    Let's add WD Live TV Player to the list of supported miracast devices! WooHooo!
    Where can we find that list? or were you just making a mental note?
    01-27-15 02:48 PM
    Where can we find that list? or were you just making a mental note?
    There is no lists pal...
    01-27-15 05:10 PM
    what is good is the wd live tv player is inexpensive, has all the services supported (& now miracast) ...has 2 usb ports allowing you to view content on external HDDs or sticks ...has a good wifi connection so you can play on your computer, & gets periodic firmware updates easily ...has a multifunction remote control ...I find it to be very useful...
    01-27-15 05:15 PM
    Sadly my samsung smarttv's aren't on the cool list

Posted via CB10
    01-27-15 06:53 PM
    Netgear push2tv works with my Q5
    (it's an adapter that hooks to non smart tv's)

Posted via CB10
    diegonei likes this.
    01-27-15 08:03 PM
    Push2tv works well with my Passport.

Posted via CB10
    diegonei likes this.
    01-27-15 08:04 PM
    Gunner-az, does the passport have the occasional sync problem or jitters during playback? My q5 does from time to time so I was wondering if that's just the nature of miracast or something specific to my setup and device?

Posted via CB10
    01-27-15 08:54 PM
    Now we're starting to see the embrio of a list! rofl
    01-28-15 10:49 AM
    Are any of you able to display 1080p video over Miracast at full resolution? I could have sworn that I was able to when I connected to my smart TV yesterday using my Passport, but now Miracast is displaying everything in 720p, regardless of the source resolution. The HDMI Display Mode option is locked when connected over Miracast, otherwise I would try to force it to play at 1080p (any of the different refresh rates). Seems it is showing 720p60 as the preferred mode now.

The weird part is, if I play a 1080p video over WiFi Direct on the same TV, it plays at the correct resolution without issue. I'm wondering if this has to do with the Miracast connection, a limitation on either side, etc...

Posted via BBCB10PP
    02-01-15 10:34 AM
    Tx

Posted via CB10
    02-01-15 11:11 AM
    my wd live tv will connect & play to any tv with hdmi or with cables to older means ...did I also point out, it's CHEAP !!

Sadly my samsung smarttv's aren't on the cool list

Posted via CB10
    02-01-15 11:57 AM
    I bought a $20 "lollipop" miracast hdmi stick from ebay and it's been working more or less perfectly. Some days it won't connect but generally a good enough connection to display photos / videos.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-15 12:12 PM
    did you connect with a wire or wifi ? the quality of the wire (hdmi transmission characteristics) could contribute? I wonder if miracast adjusts downward to accommodate signal quality ? anyone know ?
    02-01-15 12:31 PM
    did you connect with a wire or wifi ? the quality of the wire (hdmi transmission characteristics) could contribute? I wonder if miracast adjusts downward to accommodate signal quality ? anyone know ?
    Not sure if that question was for me, but through SlimPort and WiFi Direct, I can play video at 1080p60. Miracast is defaulting to 720p. Not sure if that is a limitation, or a recent occurrence. I am guessing the latter, but not sure.

I am thinking that Miracast does adjust based on the signal given the grayed out HDMI Display Mode option. The two devices probably communicate to determine the best resolution based on the connection, and that is what you get. Pure speculation on my part, though.

Posted via BBCB10PP
    02-01-15 01:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD