Ever since I updated to 10.3.1 Media volume auto mutes itself.

I noticed that the assistant wasn't talking and discovered media volume was muted. I turn up media volume while listening to music then later the volume is muted again.

All notification volumes are unchanged. only occurs to media volume. It is not related to changing profiles as it will re-mute media volume (don't know the time frame) when I haven't changed the notification profile.

Does anyone else have this problem?

On OTA 10.3.1.1779
    04-02-15 04:27 PM
    +1

Posted via CB10
    04-02-15 04:37 PM
    Ever since I updated to 10.3.1 Media volume auto mutes itself.

I noticed that the assistant wasn't talking and discovered media volume was muted. I turn up media volume while listening to music then later the volume is muted again.

All notification volumes are unchanged. only occurs to media volume. It is not related to changing profiles as it will re-mute media volume (don't know the time frame) when I haven't changed the notification profile.

Does anyone else have this problem?

On OTA 10.3.1.1779
    Why hasn't anyone replied to this, I have the exact same issue on 10.3.2.2474, and previous versions too.
    11-28-15 10:55 AM
    What media app are you playing thru when this happens? A BlackBerry app or Android app?
    11-28-15 06:41 PM
    Interesting. I have the exact same issue. I thought it was a loser-user issue and hadn't gotten around to fixing it. I'm using Neutron for my music player.
    11-28-15 08:08 PM
    What media app are you playing thru when this happens? A BlackBerry app or Android app?
    It happens with both, example: BlackBerry default video app or Android satnav app
    11-29-15 02:29 AM
    It happens with both, example: BlackBerry default video app or Android satnav app
    If it was only Android apps doing it I would say that's normal for some if not all Android apps to do that. A lot of them have a time out feature that pauses playback in order to save data usage and battery.

But both Android and BlackBerry apps doing it. That's not right.
    11-29-15 08:02 AM
    Not only a Passport issue - I have the same thing on my Q10.

I don't consider this a problem though because I use earphones, the phone speaker, and different bluetooth devices everyday. With the auto-muting "feature" (?) the family isn't blasted by loud sound as I switch to a bluetooth stereo speaker set.

The auto muting seems only to apply to music and media. The phone functions without issue.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-15 09:28 AM
    I can't be as philosophical, I just can't see it as a feature
    11-29-15 09:33 AM