It's you! Or your passport! Love mine!

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 01:05 PM
    It's you! Or your passport! Love mine!

Posted via CB10
    Love mine too. Still a lot of bugginess to fix though

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 01:54 PM
    Got mine before Xmas, 100% perfect. Hasnt let me down anywhere I have been with it!!1 Belfast ,Dublin, wilds of Donegal, Cork. London, Glasgow, Birminham. Just cant fault the phone, I still carry my Z10 and use it to keep it happy now and then.!!!
    Same here - have had mine for several weeks now and experiencing absolutely zero issue. The only thing I don't like about it right now is that 10.3 won't allow android music apps (talking about Spotify here) to be controlled via bluetooth. Seems to have been fixed in 10.3.1, so really looking forward to that one.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 03:02 PM
    Love mine too. Still a lot of bugginess to fix though

Posted via CB10
    Well I guess my concept of "bugs" differs from yours. I've had no issues with mine.

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport
    02-08-15 03:47 PM
    I'm with you on #8 but not experiencing the others.

A few times I've had an issue where I wake up the phone and am prompted to enter my password but my keyboard doesn't work. I've done a hard reset and everything is fine.

Other than the camera, the issue I'm most annoyed with is the problems with the Android runtime where an app doesn't close properly. I've had my battery drain in a few hours because of that 3 or 4 times now.

In general, I find this version of the OS (10.3.0.1418) to be one of the 'buggiest' I've used compared to ones I've had on my Z10 and Z30. Not that it makes me want to return the phone since I still love it, but you can bet I'm definitely looking forward to the next release.
    If you long press the X to close an app it really kills it. Including anything that would have been running in the background otherwise.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 04:55 PM
    Look to whom said I joined CB to complain about BlackBerry well your wrong. I worked for BlackBerry for 5 years and was let go, but I never had another phone since. My first was a 7250 with color screen...old but classic. I tested and played with just about all the model that were available 6 years ago and older, so please don't say I just joined to bash blackberry cause your wrong. I live in kitchener waterloo home of the BlackBerry so I buy and support LOCAL!!! When I say software not hardware is buggy on three phones with same software than I know what I'm talking about . I would not join a site and complain about a product for the hell of it cause I ain't Loco or crazy mang. Happy great day lol

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 06:21 PM
    Have never heard a single device line that has not had some lemons... not good when it happens to be you who gets it...

In the end... there will be bugs.. but this is another great example of it is happening to me it must be all the devices.....
    When the whole iPhone 6 craze came out I witnessed a person device break down in the store it had lines across the screen and there was no fixing it .. This was of course the brand new iPhone 6+ , I had a similar issue with the Sony Xperia Z3v it broke down a few days after I brought it home .. Carriers now a days have you bonded to a single device replacement rule.. You buy it, you don't like it return it., however most carriers won't do that twice .. Sometimes what happens is that you try to use the device with bits and pieces from the other manufactures and it's simply impossible to be 100% satisfied .. I've owned pretty much every phone out there and they all have some type of flaws .. It does suck when it's "you " whom gets the faulty device ..
    02-08-15 06:52 PM
    The camera and BlackBerry Assistant is too slow and the swipe to wake feature requires a certain touch and the flick to type word prediction takes a bit of practice to not flick up a comma or colon by mistake.

These are the only issues I have encountered. Some of the quirks are just a matter of practice and getting into a groove with the device.

The camera and assistant slowness might be corrected in a future software update.

I wasn't sure I wanted to keep my Passport for the first few weeks I had it, but eventually I learned how to touch, swipe and flick more effectively. Typing and tapping was not something that came naturally. Passwords with alpha and numeric characters and a few uppercase characters involves pressing letters, long pressing uppercase letters and tapping numbers. Believe it or not, my muscle memory eventually figured this out.

It's an odd device and not for everyone.

Posted via CB10
    I like this quote. The device has a learning curve. I have had mine 4 months and have finally set up a ton of short cut keys like on the old Legacy devices. It is certainly not for everyone but I sure like it.
    Installing 10.3.x.xxxx will also help immensely. New OS should be here soon.

I agree with multiple posters that this device needs to be returned

SQW-100-1 & Z30 10.3.1.2072
    02-08-15 09:37 PM
    If you long press the X to close an app it really kills it. Including anything that would have been running in the background otherwise.

Posted via CB10
    I've tried that as well as doing it from the Device Monitor screen but not luck. I'm only assuming that it's android apps running, could be something else. Essentially what I'm seeing is that the System battery usage is over 40% and going up. A hard reset always fixes the problem. I've read about other users experiencing similar issues with their System usage.
    02-09-15 01:36 PM
    So far the only issue for me is the camera... leaves a lot to be desired... other than that I've been really pleased

Rocking my BlackBerry Passport!! nothing else comes close!
    02-12-15 09:23 PM
    My gesturing on my screen seems bad. Swiping and closing sometimes takes multiple attempts. I honestly was beginning to think it was my finger.

BB Proud
    02-16-15 02:07 AM
    You.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-15 02:11 AM
    It's you.

Posted via Z30 or Red Passport.
    02-16-15 05:58 AM
    Mine's good now. I wiped it and didn't load any of the bad app(s) that was maybe causing problems. It's like new again
    02-16-15 10:03 AM
    Mine's good now. I wiped it and didn't load any of the bad app(s) that was maybe causing problems. It's like new again
    Good to know man. Still waiting for 10.3.1 to do the wipe, and start fresh from then on.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-15 10:13 AM
    IM having all the above PROBLEMS too! Slow lags, start up after closing the lid on the passport leather wallet - takes 20 seconds.

Lags on EVERY task - I cant even make a call its a joke.

Its a joke and I am not happy at all.
    02-21-15 08:19 AM
    Hi Anon,

I have had my BB Passport for 2 weeks. I constantly can not "wake" the phone with swipe action up. Also have problems waking with the power button. U key does seem to work but to not be able to wake your phone is pathetic. Phone app, screen goes grey and locks all the time. Also, after a call the screen goes dark grey and have to reboot. The passport shows promise but obviously the execution is weak - very weak. Isn't blackberry's advantage that they control the OS and the hardware to have them work seamlessly unlike all the poor android vendors. Really disgraceful that BB can't manage to work out the bugs on a flagship product like the expensive Passport. I am returning my unit and moving to a competitor after roughly 20 years with blackberry. Sad.
    03-04-15 07:45 AM
    Anyone that's still experiencing any/all of these issues should do a backup and complete wipe. I do that with all new BlackBerrys straight out of the box before I even set it up. My first Q10 had issues with phantom linking of unrelated contacts and also disappearing contacts. The full wipe sorted it, and I also limited my cloud-based contacts to only one source (iCloud).
    03-04-15 08:08 AM
    My passport working great since day one. I did get flicker once after the new update, but has not returned. I can't replicate the flicker issue. The only issue I get is when my phone is on bluetooth, dialing a number lags. I can live with that.

The android phones i tried in the past had more lag and more bugs than I have ever dealt with using blackberry.

Using OS 10.3.1.1581 OTA update

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 08:15 AM
    I've had issues with 5,7,8,and 10 in the two weeks I've had my PP

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 08:36 AM
170 ... 567