My Passport had been slowing down in certain operations recently. Certain apps tended to either be glacial in speed or tended to crash and battery life was down. What I decided to do was to 1. do a clean install of the operating system through Blackberry Link 2. only install the applications that I used most with the reinstall and 3. use no Android apps at all. Anything that required an Android app, I would do through the browser.
    The end result was that my Passport is significantly faster with longer battery life and some fussy and slow apps like The Score or Sportsnet now work the way that they are supposed to. Also the known bug where there is jittering in the HUB disappeared entirely.
    OS reinstalls tend to clean up issues that sit in the background after software upgrades. Not having everything under the sun installed also means fewer processes running in the background. Most people really use 10 to 20 apps on a regular basis and fewer number cuts down on complexity. Dumping the Android apps which I had previously cut down to 6 also tends to eliminate battery sucking apps that want to horde resources.
    If you want to entend the usable life of your Passport, this is an effective way to go.
    06-25-17 11:43 PM
    I was thinking of doing the same, although mine works fine, probably because I have only a couple of android apps: mostly because having an old seems like security risk. So what are the steps for a reset like this? What do I have to choose to get back only my data and not the apps?
    06-26-17 12:24 PM
    I was thinking of doing the same, although mine works fine, probably because I have only a couple of android apps: mostly because having an old seems like security risk. So what are the steps for a reset like this? What do I have to choose to get back only my data and not the apps?
    Most of your actual user files are on your SD card, right? Take it out before running the autoloader. Check the 'device' folders on file manager for any stray files of importance and move these to your SD card.
    Make sure your phone battery is fully charged, ditto your laptop, connect laptop to mains.
    Install BlackBerry Link if not present, to get USB drivers for phone.
    Download correct autoloader for your phone/desired OS.
    Decompress autoloader with appropriate. 7z utility.
    Launch autoloader - connect phone at 'connecting to bootrom' prompt.
    Wait 10 minutes or so.
    Re-add accounts and applications.
    Give your phone a day or so to settle.
    Voila - new phone (may not fix cracked screens, chipped paint etc).
    I find this is necessary every 9 months or so.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-17 05:26 PM
    Thanks Niallac!
    06-26-17 06:24 PM
    Less complicated would be to us the Blackberry Link Software. See the following for basic instructions
    https://crackberry.com/how-reload-os...blackberry-q10
    Take out and copy the SD card information beforehand as well as any pictures or downloads on the main device.
    Do not do the reset with the "hard" way through the hardware on the phone. I takes forever. Make sure that you have all of your passwords or you use an online password manager.
    06-26-17 11:40 PM
    Less complicated would be to us the Blackberry Link Software. See the following for basic instructions
    https://crackberry.com/how-reload-os...blackberry-q10
    Take out and copy the SD card information beforehand as well as any pictures or downloads on the main device.
    Do not do the reset with the "hard" way through the hardware on the phone. I takes forever. Make sure that you have all of your passwords or you use an online password manager.
    Thanks!
    06-27-17 10:26 AM
    I'm use PassportSQW100-1/10.3.3.2205 in this latest update make my passport poor slowly, I must restart for refreshing the system os, such like do this thing every 2 days

Posted via CB10
    06-27-17 10:51 AM
    10.3.3 update drains the battery a lot. I have multiple passport so I can confirm this. I use one with 10.3.2 and everything seems fine.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-17 12:44 PM
    I've noticed mine slowing down. Have couple android apps I need though. Probably still, a fresh re-do could help.
    06-27-17 10:11 PM
    Overall Blackberry phones seem to benefit from an occasional reset. My battery life right now is much improved. Normally after a work shift, my battery would be around 30%. Now, I finish the same type of shift with 68% battery life. The use pattern is about the same. Programs load faster and are more stable.
    06-28-17 05:29 AM