I have had almost every iteration of phone type and OS.

From Iphone to the Original Android G1 as well as Sidekicks and the Windows Phones - but I have never had a Blackberry.

I am planning on making the switch from my current Iphone 5S to the BB Passport, and I am wanting to get some advice on the things I will need to be mindful of.

Honestly I have been trying to find a Tutorial for how to navigate and use the BB10 OS, but have not had any luck so far.

What tips and tricks do you all recommend - have any of you made a similar switch and what are your feelings after the fact.

And for fun, what do you all think of BB teaming up with Android? I Honestly wish they had put the phone out with the option to go BB10 or Android. Mainly because I hate the Android OS - I think it is Overinflated, slow and prone to bricking your phones in less time than it takes for them to put out a update ever two weeks.

Thanks for all the help and advice!
    Jane23 and troubledforlife like this.
    11-14-15 04:56 PM
    Just do it...
    I guarantee you love it...

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 07:01 PM
    Welcome (soon) to the bright side of the moon. When you first start your PP there will be tutorials for learning how to swipe, access the hub and stuff. Give it a week to be up to speed. You won't regret It.

Sent from the pure awesomeness of my  Passport SE
    CDot40 likes this.
    11-14-15 07:23 PM
    You're gonna feel the hit on the app side, take a look into snap which is a Google play client for BlackBerry. Many android apps work just fine as long as they don't require Google services. It needs to be sideloaded though which not to worry is very easy with sachesi. Since you already found crackberry you'll be fine someone can always help you out and there's many sticky guides to reference as well.

Passport is the best device I've ever had hands down, just make sure to keep two hands on it as its quite large!

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    11-14-15 07:48 PM
    If you go to the shopblackberry.com and visit the page for the Passport there are links to videos that highlights some of the features and shows you how to do different things like make calls, use the touch physical keyboard, and use the Hub. They're under the design video that's embedded in the page.

Posted via CB10
    T_Studios likes this.
    11-14-15 07:53 PM
    Hey T_Studios,

I moved from Android and Apple to BlackBerry for the first time when the Passport came out. The OS is easy to get used to and really fast to move around in. I think you'll really like it after a week or two of playing around.
    App selection can be annoying, but as a productivity machine, or if you do a lot of writing, the phone and OS are awesome.

As for Android, I understand the move, but the idea doesn't interest me. I really like the BlackBerry OS and think they would have benefited more from a greater marketing presence focused on the productivity benefits.

Posted via CB10
    T_Studios likes this.
    11-14-15 08:00 PM
    I have both devices but I've never made a switch. Maybe because i love these two combined!
    JanuarJaguar likes this.
    11-14-15 09:23 PM
    You're gonna feel the hit on the app side, take a look into snap which is a Google play client for BlackBerry. Many android apps work just fine as long as they don't require Google services. It needs to be sideloaded though which not to worry is very easy with sachesi. Since you already found crackberry you'll be fine someone can always help you out and there's many sticky guides to reference as well.

Passport is the best device I've ever had hands down, just make sure to keep two hands on it as its quite large!

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    I am not an app hog, and don't play games on my phones.

Truly I only use the phone for text, email, researching and of course talking. Lol
    11-14-15 09:25 PM
    I am not an app hog, and don't play games on my phones.

Truly I only use the phone for text, email, researching and of course talking. Lol
    You would be the ideal BlackBerry customer then. That's pretty much how I use my Passport and I have no complaints.

Posted via CB10
    T_Studios likes this.
    11-14-15 09:39 PM
    BlackBerry 10 is definition cleaner, more fluid, and simpler to use than Android's OS. It's really quite intuitive. You'll probably find it more satisfying than iOS, although Apple has more eye candy built into their OS.

After learning the swipe up from bottom action (to minimize apps) and swipe down from top app (to see app menus), you'll be cruising. The other gesture that you'll use is swipe down with two fingers, from anywhere, to get to the shortcuts menu.

Enjoy BB10!

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport on CB10
    T_Studios likes this.
    11-14-15 10:33 PM
    LMAO to the people in these threads who always talk about people switching will feel the pain of the app gap, even though there was no talk of what apps they actually use in the OP.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-15 01:34 AM
    LMAO to the people in these threads who always talk about people switching will feel the pain of the app gap, even though there was no talk of what apps they actually use in the OP.

Posted via CB10
    Very true, and I have actually looked into the apps that I use on a regular basis.
    Facebook - ✔️
    My USAA app- nope but it is available on the Amazon App Store so....✔️

So I am good. Anything else that is not app accessible I will just have to use my iPad or computer for...fortunately for me I still know how to use those things. Lol
    11-15-15 07:51 AM
    Congratulations. So far as I read here, I think you'll enjoy having a BB10--and Passport in particular. And when you do, you'll find yourself no longer in the habit of switching phone every 6 months. Being relatively more productive with it. In time, there will also the odd urge to buy other models of BB10 or even BBOS phones--either for actual use or mere collection, doesn't really matter.

CDot40 likes this.
    11-15-15 10:03 AM
    Best thing to utilize is the HELP icon. It has instructions and all the videos required. I don't know why no one else uses it. Word for word on everything you need to know.

Posted via CB10
    T_Studios likes this.
    11-15-15 10:36 AM
    Best thing to utilize is the HELP icon. It has instructions and all the videos required. I don't know why no one else uses it. Word for word on everything you need to know.

Posted via CB10
    Yes! This! The phone has a built in manual to show you everything you could want
    11-15-15 10:41 AM
    If you are able, I would recommend the Passport SE directly from ShopBlackBerry.com. I have both the Red Passport and the SE, and I haven't used the Red since the SE arrived.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-15 10:52 AM
    I suggest watching a few youtube videos of the Passport tutorials or BB10 in general. I hope you're not an app dependent person but don't worry as you have access to several app stores out of the gate with a few more you can sideload if your tech savvy. If you're all about productivity and being different then I believe you won't regret it. Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    T_Studios likes this.
    11-15-15 10:55 AM
    If you are able, I would recommend the Passport SE directly from ShopBlackBerry.com. I have both the Red Passport and the SE, and I haven't used the Red since the SE arrived.

Posted via CB10
    Check Amazon as I have been seeing the Passport Silver Edition for $497.00 and hopefully it will be even cheaper for Black Friday.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-15 10:57 AM

Posted via CB10
    Since I am on the att network there is not too much difference between the se and the att addition. Or at least that is what I have been led to believe from a tech spec viewpoint and as far as the keyboard is concerned. Am I wrong?
    11-15-15 12:25 PM
    Congratulations. So far as I read here, I think you'll enjoy having a BB10--and Passport in particular. And when you do, you'll find yourself no longer in the habit of switching phone every 6 months. Being relatively more productive with it. In time, there will also the odd urge to buy other models of BB10 or even BBOS phones--either for actual use or mere collection, doesn't really matter.

Yeah, I really feel this is the direction for me to go. And I am so tired of having a phone and getting tired of it after a period of time and wanting to find something different just so that I have something that semi meets me needs.
    11-15-15 12:29 PM
    Navigating BB10 is really very simple. You'll pick it up in no time. I think the T and B shortcuts for top and bottom of page are some pretty workflow-altering tidbits.

Holding the camera shutter to focus, and then releasing to capture is a steadier way to take photos.

If you have multiple wifi nodes in your house that create a single network, remember to enable inter-access crossover in the settings of that specific wifi name. This is a big one if you're coming from iOS which does this automatically.

And just remember to let the OS settle. Don't get impatient with the SD card drivers (the installation of which can take awhile to complete, even when it keeps saying that there is an issue).

Posted via CB10
    T_Studios likes this.
    11-15-15 03:41 PM
    All I can say is congratulations. Get the SE.

With all the talk in the past month about the Priv, the comparisons with the Passports, with other Android devices, with the iOS devices, the comments about the lack of apps in OS 10, etc., it is hard to find an unhappy Passport SE owner.

Check first to see if there are any Apple apps that are must-haves for you, make sure the app or its equivalent is available through BlackBerry World or via Google Play Store and that it's compatible with the Passport. You can usually get the answer here on CB--there is excellent support on this forum.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-15 04:17 PM
    Congratulations... feel free to ask questions, there is always someone in this forum willing to help with your issues using bb10... good luck!

Posted via CB10
    T_Studios likes this.
    11-15-15 04:28 PM
    Still waiting for the day I can actually make the switch. My wife dreads it now whenever I pull up YouTube...guess I have watched too many videos on the Passport.

March needs to get here soon so I can upgrade from this iPhone to the Passport. Hurry up And get here already March. Stupid AT&T Next Plan.
    01-02-16 06:04 PM
    Since you asked about tutorials, when you first start up and are setting up the phone, it already takes you through the basic tutorials and once you're done those, there are more tutorials in an app pre-installed on the phone (I believe the app is called Tutorials).

If you need more demo videos before that, check this link out: http://demos.blackberry.com/blackber...gen/index.html

Posted via CB10
    T_Studios likes this.
    01-02-16 06:11 PM
32 12