Im thinking about the Passport or Classic. I have looked, but I have not seen a video yet of somebody making or answering a phone call on the Passport. I want to know if making / answering a phone call difficult because of the width of a passport. I know it's a two handed device, but simple things like answering / making calls should be a one handed thing for me
    ---- i don't know what happened to the title but it should read:

"Making / Answering calls on the Passport"

say NO to... Android / IOS / Windows
    Last edited by blckberry4life; 12-09-14 at 06:35 PM.
    12-09-14 06:07 PM
    Don't know about the classic but the q10 and passport you can assign keys to individual contacts
    For me P=pizzeria
    W=work
    C=the misses
    D=daughters school
    M=mom
    It's a bit involved but once you set it up its pretty quick.
    The other option is the voice assistant where you can press the middle key on the side and say who you want to contact/email etc. This is handy when you run out of keyboard shortcuts I use it often for my daughter's pediatrician. As for answering well that's a simple swipe of the screen. I've has the passport for a few weeks and can honestly say it is very easy to answer/place calls on it despite claims about its size or width and to do it with one hand.
    Posted via CB10
    blckberry4life likes this.
    12-09-14 06:22 PM
    Answering one-handed might be tricky but calling one-handed is easy as pie.
    12-09-14 06:24 PM
    Im thinking about the Passport or Classic. I have looked, but I have not seen a video yet of somebody making or answering a phone call on the Passport. I want to know if making / answering a phone call difficult because of the width of a passport. I know it's a two handed device, but simple things like answering / making calls should be a one handed thing for me
    ---- i don't know what happened to the title but it should read:

"Making / Answering calls on the Passport"

12-09-14 06:35 PM
    Both are very easy to do. The slider is centered and you don't need to slide all the way to the end of the screen.
    12-09-14 06:47 PM
    Sorry I know this is off-topic but can you assign a key to calling a contact in 10.3.908?

Posted via CB10
    12-09-14 07:45 PM
    Made a call the first time on Passport without bluetooth because well i's broken. Anyways....being 5'1 and holding it with one hand to my ear was uncomfortable. I couldn't get it proportionate to hear .
    12-09-14 10:28 PM
    I am a big guy and have paws for hands and with all large phones, it's difficult to hold the device for long phone calls.

I have noticed on the passport that I have to center the device on my ear to find the sweet spot for voice calls. But, once I do, this device has the best call quality of any BlackBerry device I have had in the past.

Sent from my lovely passport on T Mobile USA
    12-10-14 04:13 AM
    I am a big guy and have paws for hands and with all large phones, it's difficult to hold the device for long phone calls.

I have noticed on the passport that I have to center the device on my ear to find the sweet spot for voice calls. But, once I do, this device has the best call quality of any BlackBerry device I have had in the past.

Sent from my lovely passport on T Mobile USA
    I agree. Excellent quality
    12-10-14 09:08 PM