I have two questions regarding my home screen and I'm not sure if any of this is specific to the Passport or not. This is my first BB10 phone.

The main homescreen has the notification area at the top, the navigation stuff at the bottom, and the main part of the screen. The main part has nothing but a date, using light gray characters. So:

1) Can the date color be changed? If so, how? It disappears on light backgrounds.

2) Is there a way, maybe using widgets, to put a nice clock and maybe weather info on the homescreen? If so, again, how? I've seen apps to do that on the lockscreen, but haven't seen anything for the homescreen.

Thanks.
    01-14-15 01:06 PM
    1) not can't change the color

2)Closest we have to that is using the app HomeScreen Plus by Shao. It superimposes weather, battery and a few other things onto your wallpaper. They will update, and you can plae them anywhere on the screen. However, they are not really widgets where you can click and they will repsond.

Hope that helps
    LeeU1911 likes this.
    01-14-15 06:39 PM
    It does help. What you're describing is what I'm looking for. I recall my old 9800 & 9810 looking extra good thanks to you. Good to be back in touch.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 06:58 PM
    You're welcome Kraski, and welcome back!
    01-14-15 07:43 PM
    If you don't find a blank home screen useful you can turn it off so that you first page of apps now become the home screen

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 07:46 PM
    If you don't find a blank home screen useful you can turn it off so that you first page of apps now become the home screen

Posted via CB10
    I don't like totally blank, but I don't like a bunch of icons either. I got spoiled on Android by a widget app called Zooper. It allowed people to create all kinds of interesting widgets, some with combinations of functions, the user could set what tapping different areas of the widget could do and resize. You could set all or selected areas to ignore taps, open a specified app, or perform a function. One widget could include battery level, clock and current weather, for instance. And the skin designers I paid attention to all create nice stuff.. And I had a daily Bible verse widget, too. Since I had a larger phone, that still left a lot of screen territory free for a nice, clean look. But I had the info I regularly might want at a glance.
    arthurf likes this.
    01-15-15 08:39 AM
    This is where I draw the line. Personally I hated Android widgets. I find them cluttering, annoying and not useful at all. I like a nice clean home screen either blank or full of apps icons that I access the most. Blackberry active frame for the home screen is brilliant imo.

I don't like totally blank, but I don't like a bunch of icons either. I got spoiled on Android by a widget app called Zooper. It allowed people to create all kinds of interesting widgets, some with combinations of functions, the user could set what tapping different areas of the widget could do and resize. You could set all or selected areas to ignore taps, open a specified app, or perform a function. One widget could include battery level, clock and current weather, for instance. And the skin designers I paid attention to all create nice stuff.. And I had a daily Bible verse widget, too. Since I had a larger phone, that still left a lot of screen territory free for a nice, clean look. But I had the info I regularly might want at a glance.
    01-15-15 08:55 AM
    This is where I draw the line. Personally I hated Android widgets. I find them cluttering, annoying and not useful at all. I like a nice clean home screen either blank or full of apps icons that I access the most. Blackberry active frame for the home screen is brilliant imo.
    The Zooper stuff can be full fledged clocks, etc. or it can be like Homescreen+ weather. And my Bible verse widget has a user controlled transparency and text coloring. The result of my choices of widget skins, icon sets, and wallpapers always ended up with a clean look.
    01-15-15 11:09 AM
    How does one turn the blank home screen off?

Posted via CB10
    01-15-15 11:41 AM
    How does one turn the blank home screen off?

Posted via CB10
    Settings > Display > Show Wallpaper When All Apps Are Closed

Main Homescreen-img_20150115_124445.png

Posted via CB10
    01-15-15 11:45 AM
    You're welcome Kraski, and welcome back!
    Thanks, hamsterwheel, Blackberry finally made a screen big enough for my aging eyes. LOL
    01-15-15 11:50 AM
    1) not can't change the color

2)Closest we have to that is using the app HomeScreen Plus by Shao. It superimposes weather, battery and a few other things onto your wallpaper. They will update, and you can plae them anywhere on the screen. However, they are not really widgets where you can click and they will repsond.

Hope that helps
    If we can not change color, can we just don't show it but show the picture without the icons?
    03-06-15 02:51 PM
    If we can not change color, can we just don't show it but show the picture without the icons?
    You can. To get that, you need one of the invisible icon apps. Create one or more of those. Then, move all the other icons to a second page. Voila, an empty first page. There's a front page post, today, about some of those apps. It only requires one icon to keep the first page open.

Of all the invisible icon producers, Homescreen Plus is my favorite. There are widgets for the homescreen, if you want one. You still need that one invisible icon. Even if you want a totally blank homescreen, there's still the notification bar. You can have a brief line of info under the bar's clock and anumeric battery level below the ever present battery icon.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 08:13 AM