Hi guys,

I am looking to buy the blackberry Passport after not using BBRY for a while (my last BB was Z30) but i have few questions I would love any Passport owner to answer:

1.- The camera, is it good or is it bad as some say? I see mixed reviews about this. Some say is good, some say is awful even though having OIS.

2.- Battery life, how long lasts for a power user? Is it better than Z30?

3.- Keyboard experience. Is it better than Q10 or in the same league? To me the Q10 was the best BBRY in terms of keyboard. Btw, how to type caps letters, I didnt see any shift key.

I was to ask also about the current apps situation, I used to cope with Snap and Android apps in my Z30 but I just saw the user Cobalt (awesome dude) ported the Google Play services and the Google apps, which is great.
    01-26-15 03:04 AM
    Here we go ( from the Q10, Z10, Z30 and now passport user):

1. Camera is as good as Z30's - in my opinion. Slower to focus, but good. A LOT of people will disagree, and some will call me 'blind', ' one who never saw good camera'...I am happy with it.
    2. Battery life is twice as good as on Z30. Need some 'settling in', but when done, brilliant. I often end day with over 60%, when with Z30 it will flatline before bed... I still charge every night, though...
    3. Capital letter are typed by long pressing the letter you want... short 'long' press.. combination of soft and hard touch sensitive keyboard need some adjustments and some time to get good at... is it better than Q's?: for me yes. But as for most things, it all boils down to one thing- person who use it and her/his expectations...

I have not regretted 600 usd spent on this phone. When I look at my Z30 now, I wander how on earth I was using it... so narrow!!!

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 03:17 AM
    1) Camera is as good as the note4, have one and compare the only area it is held back is the focus which takes forever.

2) For me battery lasts between 18 hours to 26, but I am constantly on my phone.

3) In my opinion best keyboard I have ever used on a BlackBerry device. Better than the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 03:34 AM
    Wow, awesome replies thanks a lot guys. I am chasing few in eBay, dont want to go over my budget (already spent few hundred pounds �� in my iPhone 6) but I'm happy with these answers.
    01-26-15 04:41 AM
    Hi guys,

I am looking to buy the blackberry Passport after not using BBRY for a while (my last BB was Z30) but i have few questions I would love any Passport owner to answer:

1.- The camera, is it good or is it bad as some say? I see mixed reviews about this. Some say is good, some say is awful even though having OIS.

2.- Battery life, how long lasts for a power user? Is it better than Z30?

3.- Keyboard experience. Is it better than Q10 or in the same league? To me the Q10 was the best BBRY in terms of keyboard. Btw, how to type caps letters, I didnt see any shift key.

I was to ask also about the current apps situation, I used to cope with Snap and Android apps in my Z30 but I just saw the user Cobalt (awesome dude) ported the Google Play services and the Google apps, which is great.
    1) I like my Passport camera, it's the best I've ever had on a BlackBerry. I've shot some very good pictures with it actually.

2) The battery life is excellent and this is the main point why I always evangelize this phone. It will get you through the day no matter what, and if you're not a heavy user, you can even get 2 days out of it.

3) This is probably the point where the opinions vary the most. I quite like the Passport keyboard and the large keys have their advantages as well as the capacitive functions, yet I am still not as proficient with the keyboard as I was on my Q10.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 06:54 AM
    The camera hardware is quite robust, but the software is awful, particularly the focus lock in. If you are taking pictures of something static like a building or a person who is posing, you can get some incredible shots. But if the subject is moving, the camera has great problems focusing quickly enough to get the shot. Candid shots are often blurry, or the focus takes so long you miss the moment altogether.

If you mostly take pictures of landscapes, you will likely love the camera. If you mostly take candid shots of a hyperkinetic three year old then you'll likely find it pretty useless.

The good news is that it seems to be a software problem, and a problem that blackberry is aware of. So it is hoped that these issues will. Be fixed in the next big software update, due sometime in the next few weeks.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 07:29 AM
    Ad 1: The camera focus is terrible. A patient user can capture good photos of stationary objects but it takes a great deal of luck to capture good photos in other circumstances. My Q10 did better in that regard.

Ad2: The battery is WONDERFUL! I've never before had a smartphone that always lasted me through the day without recharge. The Passport has not let me down a single time. I'm an extremely heavy user, use bright screen settings and often use the Passport as mobile hotspot.

Ad3: I type slightly slower on the Passport than on the Q10 due to the on-screen symbols. I do not expect that this will even out completely. Additionally it is practically impossible to type on the Passport with one hand.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 02:26 PM
    Ad 1: The camera focus is terrible. A patient user can capture good photos of stationary objects but it takes a great deal of luck to capture good photos in other circumstances. My Q10 did better in that regard.

Ad2: The battery is WONDERFUL! I've never before had a smartphone that always lasted me through the day without recharge. The Passport has not let me down a single time. I'm an extremely heavy user, use bright screen settings and often use the Passport as mobile hotspot.

Ad3: I type slightly slower on the Passport than on the Q10 due to the on-screen symbols. I do not expect that this will even out completely. Additionally it is practically impossible to type on the Passport with one hand.

Posted via CB10
    The camera is probably a software issue and will be fixed in the future but right now I would have to agree
    01-26-15 02:33 PM