Does anyone hear anything about anything besides the passport being released (not the classic) that's longer then the Q10?

I love my Q10 but I don't get the whole square design. It's weird to me and I don't see how they go backwards and square before making something z30 style with qwerty?

Thx

Posted via CB10
    06-23-14 09:38 PM
    I'm not sure that the right people (or enough of them) have been vocal about it with BlackBerry. It may not be coming anytime soon. I would look forward to a new all touch device. The BlackBerry virtual keyboard is amazing in it's own right. I actually wouldn't mind if a decent slider came out too. Best of both worlds. They just need to engineer something tough and yet light enough to compete.
    06-23-14 09:59 PM
    Do you think there might be a longer Q for the Passport then?
    06-24-14 03:19 PM
    Oh?... You mean the BlackBerry QWERTY device we've been waiting for? Nope, BlackBerry will never be making that. Here's a nice render though, probably the best to date of what it could look like:

Longer Q BlackBerry?-78ntl98.jpg

Don't believe the hate though, lots of people say a device like this would not be possible, spouting out stuff like "it would not be ergonomical" or "it would be top heavy" but they don't know what they're talking about. A device like this would DEFINITELY be doable. If you take an iPhone 5 sized screen (4 inches) and put it on top of a Bold 9900 keyboard, this device would be about the same height, or less than, the Z10 and the width would be the same as the 9900. I don't understand the disbelief towards such a device being possible but trust me it is and I'll keep posting about it every chance I get.
    vpblaze likes this.
    06-24-14 04:02 PM
    Oh?... You mean the BlackBerry QWERTY device we've been waiting for? Nope, BlackBerry will never be making that. Here's a nice render though, probably the best to date of what it could look like:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	78ntl98.jpg 
Views:	232 
Size:	48.6 KB 
ID:	280235

Don't believe the hate though, lots of people say a device like this would not be possible, spouting out stuff like "it would not be ergonomical" or "it would be top heavy" but they don't know what they're talking about. A device like this would DEFINITELY be doable. If you take an iPhone 5 sized screen (4 inches) and put it on top of a Bold 9900 keyboard, this device would be about the same height, or less than, the Z10 and the width would be the same as the 9900. I don't understand the disbelief towards such a device being possible but trust me it is and I'll keep posting about it every chance I get.
    If it was such a good, and possible idea, don't you think BlackBerry would have made one by now? There's many reasons they stick with 1:1, and Chen has explained why before. I don't think you can definitely say it's impossible do, but that doesn't make it possible either. Let's leave it to the QWERTY Pros at BlackBerry who know what their talking about.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 02:25 AM