I'm not sure since but it's been a while, I thought it would go away but it's not going to apparently, no matter how many times I restart it. Basically when opening most apps they won't open straightaway but they will take time to load with the usual central green line loading up left to right. Any idea of what I can try to get it back to normal loading times?
    02-19-17 06:26 AM
    Have you done a security wipe and if you do don't load a backup on it just download all your apps individually. Keep your SD card removed until you know it's working.
    02-19-17 06:39 AM
    Security wipe? Why could it be a virus or something? I though BlackBerry was virusproof somehow. I never did any backup either really.
    02-19-17 07:19 AM
    Are these apps Android apps or BB10 apps? The green line you mentioned sounds like the loading line that is used when the Android runtime first launches.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-17 07:29 AM
    Oh, yes well spotted, I think they may well be all Android apps. So I may need this runtime fixed?
    02-19-17 07:45 AM
    Security wipe? Why could it be a virus or something? I though BlackBerry was virusproof somehow. I never did any backup either really.
    No one said the word virus.

It is possible something is corrupt or just not right so wiping is the easiest option to try and fix. Sign in and download some Android apps and see what jives

Posted via CB10
    02-19-17 07:57 AM
    Oh, yes well spotted, I think they may well be all Android apps. So I may need this runtime fixed?
    This is definitely android app related. You may have to remove them one by one, rebooting your device in between each removal to find the problem. The green line that you see is, in fact, the runtime initializing. How many android apps do you have running? Can you shut off background processes for any of these apps? Shut off notifications that you don't need? So many scenarios. Face the fact that your Passport will NEVER handle android apps as well as a modern android phone. I am betting that you have a large collection of android apps that are resource heavy, or you are running one of two OS's that are missing the Android Runtime fix available in Blackberry World.
    02-19-17 09:16 AM
    I'm not sure since but it's been a while, I thought it would go away but it's not going to apparently, no matter how many times I restart it. Basically when opening most apps they won't open straightaway but they will take time to load with the usual central green line loading up left to right. Any idea of what I can try to get it back to normal loading times?
    It is Android Runtime being booted up for the first time after a phone reboot. It shows up usually when you start an Android app immediately after the phone is rebooted. It is normal operation. When this happens, try not to start another Android app while the runtime is being booted as it would attempt to boot up the runtime separately. Multiple attempts to boot up Android runtime would bring your phone to a crawl. Once Android runtime is booted up, it should stay on and not require any reboot. Restarting your phone won't help as it will cause Android runtime to boot up again.
    02-19-17 09:47 AM
    I run the runtime (which for some reason wasn't installed anymore, maybe I unistalled it ages ago, can't remember), fact is if I open the runtime it says "initializing pls wait" forever, absolutely forever basically until the phone gets stuck and needs rebooting.
    02-19-17 01:30 PM
    I had this issue on my q10. The app was working fine one day, then that green bar would start loading each time I tapped an android app. Reinstalling the app helped

Posted via Nokia 3310
    02-19-17 02:12 PM
    That happened only one time for me and that was when I updated the runtime. Hit it with a reboot or two and see if that makes it work again. It actually happened to all my devices when I updated(Z10, Classic, and Passport).

Good Luck OP

 Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.3.2163  pin:2C09CE92
    02-20-17 04:42 AM