Been on the fence about passport since the launch because of the size. Kept z30 for long then bought leap. Finally bite th bullet and got myself a PP SE last week.

So far liking it. But yesterday, a colleague of mine looked at the phone and laughed at the size. What the heck is that?? How do u even hold and talk etc. Felt embarrassed as I always had the reservation about the size of passport.

Does anyone experience similar reaction to their phone??
    dararede and tanveer916 like this.
    12-08-15 12:13 PM
    People often say to me wow that's a big phone. Then I turn it on and show them a web page or a map. No one has made fun of it. It is probably the nicest looking phone on the market....and I was bashing the thing when the prototypes were leaked.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-15 12:17 PM
    Find a new friend if that bothers you so much. Really how old are you to let that embarass you?

Posted via CB10
    12-08-15 12:18 PM
    No, there are bigger phones out there. Should have shown em the flow of BB10 compared to what they were carrying. I assure you they would be surprised of how efficient BB10 is to their IOS or Android OS.. and I bet they'd be jealous too.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-15 12:19 PM
    My friends and colleagues always made fun of my Passport. I always left the "Sent from my BlackBerry" tag in my emails just to annoy them.

Posted via the CrackBerry App on Priv
    12-08-15 12:23 PM
    You like it, and really, that's all that matters. However, for people who think the Passport is large or unwieldy, I have to ask "compared to what?" A Sammy Note? An iPhone 6 Plus?

It's not the usual black slab, for sure. I also had reservations about the size, and it wasn't until I got a chance to handle an SE that I started thinking seriously about moving up from my Z30. I do find it inconveniently-sized for some activities (as I would either of the two phones listed above, as well), so sometimes I'll forward calls to my Bold 9900 and go ride my bike or whatever. Successfully resurrecting the 9900 (and eventually ordering a new one) and adding a line to my AT&T account was key to my Passport buy. My friend who let me go hands-on with his SE also splits his phone time, carrying an iPhone 5 for when the Passport is "a bit much."
    gfondeur likes this.
    12-08-15 12:30 PM
    You like it, and really, that's all that matters. However, for people who think the Passport is large or unwieldy, I have to ask "compared to what?" A Sammy Note? An iPhone 6 Plus?

It's not the usual black slab, for sure. I also had reservations about the size, and it wasn't until I got a chance to handle an SE that I started thinking seriously about moving up from my Z30. I do find it inconveniently-sized for some activities (as I would either of the two phones listed above, as well), so sometimes I'll forward calls to my Bold 9900 and go ride my bike or whatever. Successfully, resurrecting the 9900 (and eventually ordering a new one) and adding a line to my AT&T account was key to my Passport buy. My friend who let me go hands-on with his SE also splits his phone time, carrying an iPhone 5 for when the Passport is "a bit much."
    I'm getting used to the width of the phone. I used to tell my friends when they got their Samsung note about the size. Now they're wondering about mine!! Only time it's an issue is when I'm talking on the phone - holding and talking is a pain. Same reason my kids don't like it either. Just the width is an issue.
    12-08-15 12:34 PM
    I'm getting used to th width of the phone. Only time it's an issue is when I'm talking on the phone - holding and talking is a pain. Same reason my kids don't like it either. Just the width is an issue.
    It's understandable. What I found interesting was that after a week or so using the SE, I found the Bold kb kinda confining. It's almost hard to make typos on the Passport once you get used to it. A two-hander for sure! -- but very effective for communication (IMO).
    Darkfibre80 likes this.
    12-08-15 12:38 PM
    Just tell them GTF that's what I do they don't like it but they started it :-)

Posted via CB10
    12-08-15 12:39 PM
    Who cares what they think. My favourite thing about the Passport is the size and when people laugh at the size of it I just point them to the Sammy note or the iPhone 6 plus. Different strokes and all.

Actually on a side note my mom laughed at the width of this phone when I got it... she has a Note 3

 PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 
    BigAl_BB9900 and Blacklatino like this.
    12-08-15 02:26 PM
    I hate ***** questions. I'd go in very slow motion of putting phone to ear and talk slow and say, "did you catch that or should I demonstrate using a phone again? " smh

Posted via CB10
    12-08-15 03:24 PM
    There are more important things in life than to worry about being embarrassed by your phone.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-15 03:29 PM
    Dont understand people feeling embarrassed. My brother also was making fun when he saw me with the Passport, but he was interested in it. I can sense he is jealous that I use it and dont care what people think. He was like that too a few years ago, but now turned to apple. He has an iphone 6, just to be cool. Cares too much what other people think, and admitted he finds the phone actually boring, but doesnt want to use Android or WP for various reasons. He likes BlackBerry, but wouldnt admit it, he knows I like it too much, so he probably goes the safe route with the iphone. But at least he stopped now with the size of the Passport after handling it for a few minutes.

Posted via CB10
    7onZ likes this.
    12-08-15 03:47 PM
    One of the best pieces of advice from a former boss, "get a backbone". (It was in response to me jumping to respond when his boss commanded me to do something, but still great advice).
    12-08-15 04:06 PM
    It's all about what you like. I've been a passport user for only 4 weeks coming off a classic and I also have an iphone 6. I am still so impressed by the passport. The screen takes bb10 to a whole new level and for me it's all about productivity and with this device I can literally run my whole work day. And I enjoy it so much I dot even touch my iphone anymore. I just love the passport and wish I got onboard last year.

However, I started with the SE and for me it felt much more substantial than the black - which I have now. And btw I had to order 2 blacks. The first one had a defective keyboard (keys looked like they were going to fall off) but that keyboard was also so loud (huge pops) that I agonized for 5 days if I should return the SE or the black. For me I kept the black because the form factor is smoother for me and have no quams carrying the black around whereas the SE the heft was deterred me from carrying it so much.

And I'm glad I did because the next black that I got has a wonderful, quiet (quieter than my SE) and while keys may be a little harder to press than SE I'm actually ferry happy with the black. The sound the keypress made on that first black was embarrassing!

Posted via CB10
    12-08-15 04:42 PM
    In my particular usage, I almost NEVER hold the phone to my ear opting for speakerphone which is quite clear even at faint volume. That said, I wish BlackBerry had a toggle to make speakerphone default to answer. Alas, I don't think they listen, nor is there anyone left up there working on bb10...

Posted via CB10
    SmileDahling and gfondeur like this.
    12-08-15 05:15 PM
    Don't be... maybe respond with "this phone is not for you"

People ask me why I stay with blackberry... and the passport... first, battery life, if you can find a phone that lasts me 2 days, come see me.

Second, it fits my need. I don't download pointless games and "phone home apps"

And finally, the black and red is sexy.

Posted via CB10
    David Tyler likes this.
    12-08-15 05:19 PM
    It's a stupid comment for him to laugh at it. There are bigger phones that make me wonder how they hold or talk on it but I see it as more of a reaction that since they know nothing about it then it has to be stupid and funny because they themselves feel embarrassed. The wide full webpage is what you want to show off. Then they go silent and feel even dumber. It's like watching dumb and dummer. But that's what insecure people do when they are wrong, make a personal attack.

Posted from a Passport or Z30. Get one!
    so crow likes this.
    12-08-15 05:55 PM

if you can find a phone that lasts me 2 days, come see me.

Posted via CB10
    So true !!

I giggled and spat out my tea

I am totally using this line next time someone tries to be funny/clever with my PP SE.

Thanks !

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by sixteenpads; 12-08-15 at 06:12 PM.
    12-08-15 06:00 PM
    You should smile and move on. You must understand that you can't expect people to appreciate the Passport when they don't know what it has to offer. I use the Passport because of the size of the keyboard and the screen.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    12-08-15 06:33 PM
    So true !!

I giggled and spat out my tea

I am totally using this line next time someone tries to be funny/clever with my PP SE.

Thanks !

Posted via CB10
    Lol! No problem! I've had my phone go into the 50th hours...

Posted via CB10
    12-08-15 06:41 PM
    Just give him/her the spock eye brow and say" this is reason two they call me the big unit"...

* this works best if your a guy of course

Posted via CB10
    12-08-15 07:07 PM
    I had someone say the Passport was a big phone.
    They were using a Note with a case that made theirs even bigger.
    They were more in awww than they were teasing.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-15 07:10 PM
    I'm getting used to the width of the phone. I used to tell my friends when they got their Samsung note about the size. Now they're wondering about mine!! Only time it's an issue is when I'm talking on the phone - holding and talking is a pain. Same reason my kids don't like it either. Just the width is an issue.
    How long are you talking on the phone for? I've talked for about an hour and didn't have any problems holding my phone.
    12-08-15 11:38 PM
    Pictures for thought when someone calls your Passport wide......
    Attached Thumbnails Little embarrassed!!-8417.jpg  
    BigAl_BB9900 and Blacklatino like this.
    12-09-15 05:22 AM
95 123 ...