I love Android. It's my favorite OS and that's why I'm using my OnePlus One ahead of my Passport.

I can't disagree with anyone who says BB10 is the better communications device though. The hub is still genius, and email is second-to-none. As far as the keyboard? I type way quicker on a virtual keyboard than I can on the PP. And call me childish, but I like using emojis occasionally and I'm still shocked there's no support in 10.3.1.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Have you given yourself enough time to adapt to the passports pkb?

Posted via unlocked PASSPORT
    11-07-14 09:36 PM
    no kb no talk
    11-07-14 09:42 PM
    Even when it's a bit out of subject, I disagree... you can mention many bad things about BlackBerry but communication is not one of them... if something is right in that platform is communication... people left BlackBerry for many reasons, but handling emails and messages wasn't one of them for the vast majority... I can't imaging many people leaving BlackBerry in the past because the communication was poorly handled by the device... IMHO of course

Posted via CB10
    Where did I mention what's bad about BlackBerry and where did I mention communication. Besides, I mainly use Gmail, WhatsApp, BBM, and G+ and auto dial to make a call. Tell me, how can a BlackBerry phone make me communicate better with these software? If I can use Gmail in BlackBerry & Android, I'd choose Android hands down due to other reasons (preference). And please don't tell me BlackBerry will send that Gmail message 0.00001 seconds faster.
    11-07-14 10:31 PM
    Have you given yourself enough time to adapt to the passports pkb?

Of course, couldn't put it down for the first week. I had no issue adapting to the keyboard within an hour of picking the phone up for the first time. But I still can't type quite as fast as a VK.

11-07-14 11:52 PM
    Of course, couldn't put it down for the first week. I had no issue adapting to the keyboard within an hour of picking the phone up for the first time. But I still can't type quite as fast as a VK.

How fast do you type on the VKB?

Posted via CB10
    11-08-14 12:49 AM
    I got tired of back and home buttons. BlackBerry swipe multitasking is way better. Emailing with android? 5 accounts means 5 apps or at least you have to select each...drop down menu. So its nowhere near the hub.
    What else? Hangout? Who hang out there? Maybe 15 people worldwide. Its so miserable Google keep on changing its name to see if it makes any difference.
    Whatsapp is better than bbm since you can post pictures/video in a group conversation.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-14 02:04 AM
    I got tired of back and home buttons. BlackBerry swipe multitasking is way better. Emailing with android? 5 accounts means 5 apps or at least you have to select each...drop down menu. So its nowhere near the hub.
    What else? Hangout? Who hang out there? Maybe 15 people worldwide. Its so miserable Google keep on changing its name to see if it makes any difference.
    Whatsapp is better than bbm since you can post pictures/video in a group conversation.

Posted via CB10
    5 apps for email? I wouldn't use Android either.

Gestures only on my Android device. Voice navigation too.

Those "15 people worldwide" (LOL) contain my co-workers and clients, so I'm happy I have that option IN ADDITION to BBM, WhatsApp and more.

Choice is a good thing. Not trying to convince you that BB10 isn't "the best," just that options aren't bad.

I could use a native hub though.
    11-08-14 02:14 AM
    And I simply refuse to use WhatsApp, though its reach is admittedly impressive.
    11-08-14 02:15 AM
    Bbm need to be able to post pictures online on group conversation. Its interface is also looks old now.
    As of androids, I think it will never settle to anything..keep on evolving and they may eventually use hub type message aggregation. Believe me. Just like webOs..now everyone is using webOs swipe and gestures..

Posted via CB10
    11-08-14 05:58 AM
    Nope not interested at all.

Posted via CB10
    Ditto, no interest in this device. Productivity is most important to me.
    11-08-14 06:11 AM
    I'm just hoping that blackberry releases a few more phones. I'm sure the passport would be sold a lot more if it were in the people's eyes. When I went to pickup my nanoSIM at tmobile yesterday thesales rep asked me if it came in white. He wanted one!

11-08-14 07:33 AM
    Swype on my samsung google keyboard is way faster than typing at times. I am constantly amazed at how it can figure out what I was trying to say just by swinging my finger around the keyboard. And it figures it out instantly. It is truly an amazing feature. If you have not used a swype keyboard you would be dumbfounded with it's abilities. I have no idea if there is even an app that can determine your WPM on a swipe keyboard. I guess I will go look.

It really excels when I only have 1 free hand to type. Instead of pecking away with one finger I can just swipe.
    Last edited by power5; 11-08-14 at 09:47 AM.
    11-08-14 09:32 AM
    Anyone intrigued by this phone? Essentially it's like a full screen passport with android. While I'm loving the passport, it'd be nice to play all Google games and have all of the fitness and smart watches available as options. When the 4th iteration comes out I'll definately be checking it out.

Here's a pic of the 3rd iteration. Already has nice small bezels too.

LG Optimus Vu 3 F300 5 2" LCD 13MP Quadcore 2GB RAM White Android Phone by FedEx | eBay
    Only 16GB of internal storage and NO expandable memory via micro-sd cards?? On an ANDROID device?? That's not gonna cut it.
    11-08-14 10:46 AM
38 12