Went to check out Macbooks and one of the geniuses mentioned synching stuff with ... of course an iphone. I said have you seen this - my passport. By just looking at it he was so impressed and then I showed him a few BB10 features, his face was wow. He called his colleagues over and told them look at this. He took over and started explaining the features I had told him, to his colleagues. During this conversation one of them said yea no one can beat YOU guys on the keyboard. And keyboard was the last thing I had mentioned. I said wow, am I representing Blackberry here They believed me that I have all Apple products but: for the phone I can't think of anything else.

Super impressed. By the way this was in California!!!

I have the original shaped Passport and have been travelling so haven't upgraded to 10.3 yet.

Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-15 02:18 AM
    Went to check out Macbooks and one of the geniuses mentioned synching stuff with ... of course an iphone. I said have you seen this - my passport. By just looking at it he was so impressed and then I showed him a few BB10 features, his face was wow. He called his colleagues over and told them look at this. He took over and started explaining the features I had told him, to his colleagues. During this conversation one of them said yea no one can beat YOU guys on the keyboard. And keyboard was the last thing I had mentioned. I said wow, am I representing Blackberry here They believed me that I have all Apple products but: for the phone I can't think of anything else.

Super impressed. By the way this was in California!!!

I have the original shaped Passport and have been travelling so haven't upgraded to 10.3 yet.

Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah people are wowed by the phone.
    Pulled mine out in a mediamarkt shop and the seller was blown away by the looks.
    Also the keyboard etc...but he was using iphone and it is clear by BlackBerry their marketshare that the looks of the device doesn't change the way people really look at the system itself.
    It just doesn't sell

Posted via CB10
    08-26-15 02:28 AM
    True. AT&T store is next to this Apple store and yet as if I had a phone from another planet. Bright side: we are a niche.

Posted via CB10
    Mattster723 likes this.
    08-26-15 02:38 AM
    i must not be using my passport right... mind explaining these bb features that impressed them? i like it for keyboard but i don't do anything else on it other than reading a book, gps, and making calls/text. aside from hub, what else does my passport do? i mean i like blend, but i can do that using different apps even on my windows mobile phone. for liking the keyboard, i only send 5 text a month, maybe type a few posts like this each day while i surf web.

phone is wasted on me probably but i enjoy it. but i also enjoy a dumb 300 hp car that i average about 40-60 mph with
    anon(5830442) likes this.
    08-26-15 11:54 AM
    i must not be using my passport right... mind explaining these bb features that impressed them? i like it for keyboard but i don't do anything else on it other than reading a book, gps, and making calls/text. aside from hub, what else does my passport do? i mean i like blend, but i can do that using different apps even on my windows mobile phone. for liking the keyboard, i only send 5 text a month, maybe type a few posts like this each day while i surf web.

phone is wasted on me probably but i enjoy it. but i also enjoy a dumb 300 hp car that i average about 40-60 mph with
    As long as your happy with it that is all that matters!
    Only 300 HP? Why so low? My Holden is 400+ HP and will run top speed with enough real estate 180 mph
    08-26-15 01:35 PM

I like that car analogy. And that may very well hold true for you however for me (and I'm guessing for many others), the feature that keeps me on BlackBerry above anything else: File Manager.
    You can save, edit and access any office suite files stored right on your device or SD card. The same goes for most media. �OS users are highly envious of this, most of them diving head first into an investment in an iPhone not realizing this inability of iOS.
    I can't tell you how many iPhone users have told me how they are "sooo p'd" about that. Incidentally the file manager on Android = lol

Another feature that sold me on the Passport was the virtual keyboard has a space bar. Just try and type a series of times on your all touch like this:
    Wed Aug 26, 2015 @ 16:45 - 16:47 and Thur Aug 27, 2015 @ 09:00-13:00.

A modest 250bhp for me.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-15 03:48 PM
    Yeah, I like to tweak the folks at the Apple Store with my Passport: some combination of "work wide," "think different," and "this is the kind of phone that Apple should be making." I like my Macs, but they're a less innovative bunch these days, IMO.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-15 04:04 PM
    Yeah, I like to tweak the folks at the Apple Store with my Passport: some combination of "work wide," "think different," and "this is the kind of phone that Apple should be making." I like my Macs, but they're a less innovative bunch these days, IMO.

Posted via CB10
    Because the innovation is dead.

Posted via CB10
    ssirica likes this.
    08-26-15 04:19 PM
    Stories such as this pop on CB every week. People are impressed, but when it comes to spending their own money on a phone, they go for the safe option of iOS/ANdroid.
    RH1Pearl, Witmen, LazyEvul and 1 others like this.
    08-27-15 08:26 AM
    Stories such as this pop on CB every week. People are impressed, but when it comes to spending their own money on a phone, they go for the safe option of iOS/ANdroid.
    Agree with this 1000000%

Posted via CB10
    passport1 and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    08-27-15 08:33 AM
    I like that car analogy. And that may very well hold true for you however for me (and I'm guessing for many others), the feature that keeps me on BlackBerry above anything else: File Manager.
    You can save, edit and access any office suite files stored right on your device or SD card. The same goes for most media. �OS users are highly envious of this, most of them diving head first into an investment in an iPhone not realizing this inability of iOS.
    I can't tell you how many iPhone users have told me how they are "sooo p'd" about that. Incidentally the file manager on Android = lol

Another feature that sold me on the Passport was the virtual keyboard has a space bar. Just try and type a series of times on your all touch like this:
    Wed Aug 26, 2015 @ 16:45 - 16:47 and Thur Aug 27, 2015 @ 09:00-13:00.

A modest 250bhp for me.

Even though I don't use an iPhone, and I actually like having a file manager, I don't think iPhone users are as envious of a file manager as you think.
    08-27-15 09:11 AM
    When BB10 first arrived, I was especially blown away by the stories of BB10 enthusiasts accosting folks in Apple Stores, clubs, train stations etc. and challenging people to browser wars -- in which BB10 always emerged victorious.

Now those were the best...
    08-27-15 09:16 AM
    It's a 5 Star beauty and I love it when I hear these stories :-)
    08-27-15 09:23 AM
    When BB10 first arrived, I was especially blown away by the stories of BB10 enthusiasts accosting folks in Apple Stores, clubs, train stations etc. and challenging people to browser wars -- in which BB10 always emerged victorious.

I remember those. But, again, anyone can be impressed by any feature of brand X for product Y. But being impressed and committing with money to a product is a different thing. And people let their "wallets think" in their decision to not buy BB10 phones.
    08-27-15 09:23 AM
    I remember those. But, again, anyone can be impressed by any feature of brand X for product Y. But being impressed and committing with money to a product is a different thing. And people let their "wallets think" in their decision to not buy BB10 phones.
    Exactly.
    08-27-15 09:27 AM
    why lol at android's file manager? I find them as good as bb10's file manager, namely, I can find what I want...

Apple, well I never understood the file structure of the os, won't comment on it since all I do on my ipad is watch youtube

the more I try to use bb10 though, the more i'm disappointed in it. One thing that I noticed is that I can't use blackberry assistant when the phone is locked, the mute button doesn't do anything. So to use it, I need to keep phone with no password (not good) or just give up on using it. I found the use when locked setting but it seems to only apply to bluetooth. It won't stop me from using phone since I don't use assistant, just playing around with it. But if I did rely on it, I probably would hate that I can't use it when phone is locked. I couldn't even tell it to navigate me home because I won't try to unlock it while driving.

Apple just needs to point at this and ask can you do this? And BB users just has to say no

positive note is that I can read my books for hours and hours and after almost 10 hours still have 50%+ battery left. I know books don't take much processing power but the screen was on the entire time.
    08-27-15 09:31 AM
    Even though I don't use an iPhone, and I actually like having a file manager, I don't think iPhone users are as envious of a file manager as you think.
    I think tech savvy people want a file manager... But I think most people are much happier not having one.
    08-27-15 09:51 AM
    Wow, you hit the nail on the head! I have had BB (Playbook and OS7, now BB10) for several years. I'm a programmer / analyst who goes back to the punch-card days. BB is SO easy to bop around the file system in, then I went and tried to do the same thing on my iPad.

ARGH! Transferring files around Apple is SO freaking annoying! BB rocks.

My truck is advertised at 295 hp, aluminum block V8 that HOWLS. I will mourn deeply when we're all on electric cars.
    08-27-15 09:58 AM
    'apple geniuses' ??? - who would ever capitalize that as if it's a legitimate title. That whole 'genius bar' or 'apple genius' thing is the F#CK!NG WORST. I can't believe they call these humps 'geniuses', it's like they take a dumb @ss kid off the street, teach them about crapple stuff, then call them 'geniuses'?!? Talk about complete bullsh!t.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-15 04:07 PM
    Wow, you hit the nail on the head! I have had BB (Playbook and OS7, now BB10) for several years. I'm a programmer / analyst who goes back to the punch-card days. BB is SO easy to bop around the file system in, then I went and tried to do the same thing on my iPad.

ARGH! Transferring files around Apple is SO freaking annoying! BB rocks.

My truck is advertised at 295 hp, aluminum block V8 that HOWLS. I will mourn deeply when we're all on electric cars.
    I quite enjoy the BB10 File Manager. When I tried iOS, I found it to be very cumbersome in comparison; everything just seems so scattered. No matter what BlackBerry does, I hope they keep that alive.

...330 hp for me. I want to say the, "hp," stands for "hard-working ponies. And, I will drive my V8 until the last drop of gas available has been burned.

If we have to do electric cars, I hope they find a way to give it the sound of power. Not sure how I could enjoy the driving experience as much if my car buzzes and beeps along like those cars in The Jetsons.

 Posted via CB10 on my Q10 
    08-27-15 04:53 PM
    'apple geniuses' ??? - who would ever capitalize that as if it's a legitimate title. That whole 'genius bar' or 'apple genius' thing is the F#CK!NG WORST. I can't believe they call these humps 'geniuses', it's like they take a dumb @ss kid off the street, teach them about crapple stuff, then call them 'geniuses'?!? Talk about complete bullsh!t.

Posted via CB10
    It's called customer service, and apparently it works.

Posted via CB10
    amathtools likes this.
    08-27-15 05:35 PM
    Story is always the same, hardware is impressive (or just very different for some), gestures are nice. Marketing, customer support, and app compatibility always ends up trumping the rest and everyone resumes their business as usual.
    08-27-15 06:08 PM
    Now start a tour. Visit every Apple Store!
    Last edited by kenzo_44; 08-27-15 at 09:44 PM.
    08-27-15 06:25 PM
    It will be interesting to see what the BlackBerry Android file manager will look like.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    08-27-15 06:57 PM

I will not be surprised if those stories were false.

Posted via my Passport
    08-27-15 07:01 PM
55 123