So I purchased the leather flex case for my Passport today. I've searched this forum but nobody has talked about the air bubble issue in the back in detail. Will this bubble settle down or stay? If it's staying then there's no reason for me to keep the case. It's an eye sore.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 05:31 PM
    Based of the visual design of the case it's self, I'm leaning towards the bubble staying. But I could be wrong, as I don't have one.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 06:52 PM
    I've had my case for 3 days. I have it 'standing' at my desk virtually all day; unless I'm walking away from my desk.

I'm yet to see said bubble...
    06-05-15 08:07 PM
    I've had my case for 3 days. I have it 'standing' at my desk virtually all day; unless I'm walking away from my desk.

I'm yet to see said bubble...
    So there's no bubble on your case when you lock your stand back in? Like in my photo

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 08:12 PM
    Not currently.
    06-05-15 08:16 PM
    I just looked again at mine. You can tell there is something in that section. But there isn't a bubble per s�, like your image...
    06-05-15 08:18 PM
    Mine doesn't look that pronounced either.

Posted via my OGBBPP!
    anon(153966) likes this.
    06-05-15 09:27 PM
    I've had mine for at least a month or so. It used to bother me in the beginning but I have gotten used to it. I'll give it a pass for what it does.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 09:31 PM
    It's on mine too but over time it goes concave. Based on the design you are always going to feel something there. If you don't need a stand the hard shell is a better choice because it doesn't have the center piece and it's less slippery than the leather.
    06-05-15 10:18 PM
    I just looked again at mine. You can tell there is something in that section. But there isn't a bubble per s�, like your image...
    Same, maybe it's the angle of the pic? That "bubble" has a function.

When I went from using a regular hard shell to the leather one it dramatically improved the look of the device to a premium device versus the plastic hard shell look.

The leather flex shell just looks and feels so much more premium and I don't even use the stand. Would not buy another hard shell again.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 10:21 PM
    It's on mine too but over time it goes concave. Based on the design you are always going to feel something there. If you don't need a stand the hard shell is a better choice because it doesn't have the center piece and it's less slippery than the leather.
    I disagree here. I don't use the stand, but the device really looks so much more upscale with the leather over the hard shell. I'm basing this on looks alone though, not what's slippery, etc.

Cracked two hard shells and on my second leather one. Will be staying with the leather because it is more aesthetically pleasing.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 10:25 PM
    Same, maybe it's the angle of the pic? That "bubble" has a function.

When I went from using a regular hard shell to the leather one it dramatically improved the look of the device to a premium device versus the plastic hard shell look.

The leather flex shell just looks and feels so much more premium and I don't even use the stand. Would not buy another hard shell again.

Posted via CB10
    For me, it's not the angle of the pic that's making it obvious...its there no matter what. Yes, the device definitely feels more premium...but I'm a little iffy about the the bubble and the little latch on the inside that you pull down...it looks like it's gonna scratch my phone with continous use. It's definitely a weird case. I'll give it a chance for one week.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 11:35 PM
    I disagree here. I don't use the stand, but the device really looks so much more upscale with the leather over the hard shell. I'm basing this on looks alone though, not what's slippery, etc.

Cracked two hard shells and on my second leather one. Will be staying with the leather because it is more aesthetically pleasing.

Posted via CB10
    I agree the leather is nice but part of me thinks aesthetically the rubber texture is more modern which as a side benefit also provides the improved grip. I do think the open bottom is more pleasing on the flex than closed in more on the hard shell.
    06-06-15 12:15 AM
    For me, it's not the angle of the pic that's making it obvious...its there no matter what. Yes, the device definitely feels more premium...but I'm a little iffy about the the bubble and the little latch on the inside that you pull down...it looks like it's gonna scratch my phone with continous use. It's definitely a weird case. I'll give it a chance for one week.

Posted via CB10
    I too was worried about scratches but none so far...mind you I don't really use the stand up that often.
    06-06-15 12:19 AM
    Mine looks exactly the same, and I've had this case for a while. Really looks nasty imo. And I don't even use the kickstand..

Sent from my Passport
    06-06-15 07:04 AM
    Mine is slightly concave...not massively pronounced like in the above pic. It's because the kickstand hasn't broken in yet and is pushing against the leather.
    06-06-15 09:21 AM

Posted via CB10
    Just looked at mine again and it's barely noticeable. Definitely there, but not like the pic you've provided.

I posted above I've been through two hard shells and on my second leather one. The hard shells cracked from dropping the device, but I'm on the second leather shell because after a few months on the first one a bubble formed in the top right corner (assuming due to heat from heavy use as this is where the device gets the hottest).

I bought another leather flex shell just because the Passport is a premium device and I felt like the hard shell took away from that where, personally, I feel the leather looks really nice and compliments the device.

As for the scratching I was a bit concerned when I first saw the way it was set up, but I don't use the stand ever and when I switched it out for the second one the device looks like new still.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-15 10:12 AM
    That bubble will flatten out with use. It used to stick out on my case back like a sore. After a couple of weeks, there was no longer a visible hump. I guess like all leather goods, it just has to break in.

-- Passport, Virgin Mobile (Toronto)
    06-06-15 07:23 PM
    That bubble will flatten out with use. It used to stick out on my case back like a sore. After a couple of weeks, there was no longer a visible hump. I guess like all leather goods, it just has to break in.

I was contemplating whether to keep this case or return it...but decided today to wait it out and see how the leather ages....your post just gave me the last bit of confidence I needed. Thanks. Will let the leather break in.

Btw...I also have the hard shell case...although it looks really good, the feel isn't as mature or sturdy as the leather flex.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-15 08:30 PM
    I have both as well. I prefer the Leather Flex Case. My only beef with it was the super-smooth texture of the leather, it felt like it was real easy for the phone to slip out of my hand; not much grip. That smoothness fades as well, making the case easier to hold. Don't give it up yet, it will eventually break in.
    06-06-15 09:16 PM
    I've been flip-flopping today between both cases. Very hard to choose which one to use on a daily basis.

Both offer almost exactly the same protection except for the hard shell having a bit more coverage at the bottom.

The hard shell has much more grip with the use of modern materials such as the rubberized back.

The hard shell also has a clean look and feel at the back i.e. missing the bulge of the brace and the stand.

The flex does have the stand but is slippery, uses leather which hasn't been used since the 9780 as a backing material and doesn't have as clean lines or feel on the back.

I'm leaning towards the hard shell but still a bit torn.
    06-07-15 12:28 AM
    Leather on a phone. Ack! . Not for me

Via my HTC One M9...
    06-07-15 04:13 PM
    OK, to those reading this now or in the future and to those interested in the Leather Flex case, here's my opinion after a few days use.

The bubble is unsightly and ruins the entire look of the case. They say it settles down but I'm not willing to wait for that. Secondly, the stand in the back has to scrape your phones body in order to flip out. The Passports rubberized back is resilient enough to withstand the scrapings...but why should anyone abuse their phone willingly.

I switched the leather flex out and put my hard shell in for comparison.

The HARDSHELL is the winner. It looks gorgeous and feels amazing.

Returning this stupid leather flex case.

And BTW, to those looking for REAL leather cases, check out Vaja cases. They're pricey but better than this cheap leather on the Leather Flex. It barely qualifies as leather

Posted via CB10
    06-07-15 04:43 PM
    OK, to those reading this now or in the future and to those interested in the Leather Flex case, here's my opinion after a few days use.

The bubble is unsightly and ruins the entire look of the case. They say it settles down but I'm not willing to wait for that. Secondly, the stand in the back has to scrape your phones body in order to flip out. The Passports rubberized back is resilient enough to withstand the scrapings...but why should anyone abuse their phone willingly.

I switched the leather flex out and put my hard shell in for comparison.

The HARDSHELL is the winner. It looks gorgeous and feels amazing.

Returning this stupid leather flex case.

And BTW, to those looking for REAL leather cases, check out Vaja cases. They're pricey but better than this cheap leather on the Leather Flex. It barely qualifies as leather

Posted via CB10
    Sorry to hear about your experience, friend. I did the opposite of you. I put my hardshell away and use the flex case as the daily driver. I actually find the stand quite useful and the leg hasn't scratched the back of my phone.

Thanks for the info on Vaja. I didn't know they were making Passport cases. I had one of their iPhone cases a few years back.

06-07-15 05:07 PM
    Sorry to hear about your experience, friend. I did the opposite of you. I put my hardshell away and use the flex case as the daily driver. I actually find the stand quite useful and the leg hasn't scratched the back of my phone.

Thanks for the info on Vaja. I didn't know they were making Passport cases. I had one of their iPhone cases a few years back.

Yes....its unfortunate. I gave it a chance for a few days...mostly because I liked how it felt. But after switching back to hard shell, I could compare it directly. The hardshell feels just as good and looks twice as good. My own two cents I guess

Posted via CB10
    06-07-15 05:13 PM
29 12