I've read many with the same or similar tired phrases that dismiss the BlackBerry Passport device because it is a BlackBerry, highlight the specs that the iPhone 6 or MTC M8 may have an edge on, 'fail' to mention important instances where the Passport is a clear winner, pepper the reader with clearly prejudiced phrases, etc. I won't delve into the possible reasons why integrity has often taken a back seat because my intent is to highlight the positive.

So I found it refreshing to read the following article from India by a REAL journalist who deserves recognition. Thorough, accurate, and balanced, at least better than I have read on any mobile phone review. See if you agree: BlackBerry Passport review: This is the only truly innovative smartphone of 2014 Tech2 Mobile

Q10 ? The Other Crackberry Pirate ? Z30 | via CB10
    jose.antonio likes this.
    10-10-14 01:20 AM
  2. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    I have said that since day 1- it's the most innovative phone of 2014!

Kudos for honest Passport reviews-fullsizerender-1-.jpg

Posted via CB10
    wyrdfool and Dmessenger like this.
    10-10-14 01:29 AM
    I have said that since day 1- it's the most innovative phone of 2014!

Posted via CB10
    A very nice passport pix, Bro!

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 01:42 AM
    Wow.

That actually was a very balanced review.

I hope it gets play out there.

Passport || Fido
    10-10-14 01:49 AM
    Here's another fairly positive review by Steve Ranger with ZDNet: http://www.zdnet.com/blackberry-pass...or-7000034518/

More balanced than most, but still he uses phrases to paint BlackBerry into the stereotypical box, such as:

"The 13-megapixel camera I found to take surprisingly good, crisp images, even if it isn't likely to be used for much more than taking pictures of reciepts for filing expenses and the 2.2GHz quad-core Snapdragon 801 processor kept everything moving fluidly, while the expandable-to-128GB memory ought to be enough storage for most people."

Are you kidding me? Camera resolution of 13 Mpixel and "only used to take pictures of receipts" because, of course, a BlackBerry couldn't be used for anything else? And 128 GB expandable storage "should be enough"? In fact, it is industry-leading and can be encrypted, facts that should be clearly pointed out, not minimized. It could also have been pointed out that a 2.2 GHz quad-core Snapdragon on the efficient BB10 OS will "keep everything moving along fluidly" with up to 10 apps running SIMULTANEOUSLY. Try that on any other platform.

It's too bad for a few biased comments, because otherwise, it's a pretty good review.

10-10-14 12:35 PM
    National Post hasn't often been kind to BlackBerry 10. Here's a great review. More people are getting the message. What is also interesting is what he's using as an effective attention-grabbing headline, though it's not the main thrust of the article.

http://ww2.nationalpost.com/m/wp/blo...red-smartphone

10-22-14 12:04 PM