Dear Blackberry users. I have a new passport but got a problem with the keyboard . If I want to move words from the keyboard up in the text box that works only sporadically . Sometimes right away and sometimes not at all. There is no reaction when I swype over my keyboard up to the text box.
    What can this be?

I think this problem exists after the last update - but I am not sure at all. At the hardware check with BBVE everything was allrigt. Hard-Reset already done.

For help or a tip I would be grateful,

iar

Edit: Version: PassportSQW100-1/ 10.3.0.1418
    Edit: Full security-Delete. Still same problem. :-(
    Last edited by iarehberg; 11-22-14 at 07:50 AM.
    11-22-14 06:31 AM
    For me, it only started to work well once I trained myself to begin the swipe outside of the keyboard, on the bezel right underneath it. It took me some time to get used to it, but now it works fine. Before that, I had similar problems, sometimes no flicking at all, or hitting a virtual key etc.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 08:45 AM
    I've trained myself to be sure to swipe over at least two keys. Works every time now.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 09:12 AM
    It takes a while to get the swiping right, especially suggestions off the top row. But it comes easy when once you get used to it.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 09:13 AM
    It does take time getting used to the swiping but once you get the hang of it then it works perfectly well.

Practice makes perfect.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 09:34 AM
    Dear Blackberry users. I have a new passport but got a problem with the keyboard . If I want to move words from the keyboard up in the text box that works only sporadically . Sometimes right away and sometimes not at all. There is no reaction when I swype over my keyboard up to the text box.
    What can this be?

I think this problem exists after the last update - but I am not sure at all. At the hardware check with BBVE everything was allrigt. Hard-Reset already done.

For help or a tip I would be grateful,

iar

Edit: Version: PassportSQW100-1/ 10.3.0.1418
    Edit: Full security-Delete. Still same problem. :-(
    I had this problem in the beginning, it just takes some getting used to. Don't swipe so high. Literally flick from the bottom of the X key for example, to the bottom of the W key. It'll work flawlessly

Posted via unlocked PASSPORT on T-MO
    11-22-14 09:36 AM
    I agree this is just something that takes a little getting used to. You can't press down too hard or too lightly. Also, some people's fingers work better with touch things (humidity, texture, etc). Don't give up hope OP!

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 09:51 AM
    Thank you all so much, so I will keep on training :-). I will follow your tipps ;-).
    11-22-14 10:13 AM