So, yall are gonna make fun of me, but I'm really nervous about my next phone. I had narrowed it to the lg v10, the priv, and the passport. With the end of the sd/battery promo, the lg is out. I then played with the priv in store several times, and while I like it, I reallllllly want to keep bb10, so I am trying to figure out the passport.

Trouble is, my att store never carried them so I can't get my hands on one. Why will you make fun of me?

Because I made a cardboard passport. See photo

I've used this for three days now, pulling it out and carrying it with me and using it just like I do my phone...bed, toilet, work, night time. What'd the whether? I check my cardboard phone first

I know it sounds crazy, but it's actually helped me get over much of my concerns about the form factor. However, I still have one question for you....

How are the Q, A, Z, P, backspace and enter keys? On my cardboard passport, they are a little hard to reach. What are you'd experiences with the edge keys?

Thanks in advance!
    Keyboard feedback requested for hopeful buyer-img_20151118_162914.jpg

Posted via CB10
    11-18-15 03:51 PM
    Passport is the best phone. Get it!

Posted via CB10
    11-18-15 03:54 PM
    You're over thinking this. I love my PP keyboard and have never had a problem with any of the keys - at the edge or not.

Your cardboard model won't have the weight of the real thing and thus you can't experience the balance of the genuine article.

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport
    11-18-15 03:59 PM
    If you played with your cardboard phone for 4 more days, you'd be used to reaching all the keys.

If anyone sees you playing with a cardboard phone for 4 more days, you might end up committed, and I'm not sure what the policy is on possessing a phone with pointy corners in an insane asylum.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-15 04:25 PM
    I knew that the cardboard phone was waaaaaay too light...actually made me think twice about the people saying that certain phones are too heavy

Thanks for all the feedback. I guess it's not too different from the torch, which I used have. And even in this z10, there's only about a quarter rich if bezel between the edge keys and the edge of the phone.

I'd appreciate more keyboard feedback if others come to this post looking to offer their two cents

Posted via CB10
    11-18-15 06:19 PM
    You won't have trouble getting to any of those keys once you get the REAL thing. Just pull the the trigger man! You won't look back.

Silver Edition and loving every minute!!

Posted via CB10
    11-18-15 06:26 PM
    Keyboard feedback requested for hopeful buyer-img_20150914_205238.jpg

Alright buddy, check it out, here's a picture of me having done the exact same thing as you about three months ago. I made a cardboard Passport and made it to the exact dimensions of a real Passport. Eventually I ended up going with the real Passport device and have ZERO regrets whatsoever! It's true, the cardboard model won't do it justice obviously but it will give you a sense of the size. Holding a real one in the hands though does feel different than holding the cardboard version. And if you're worried about one handed use or it being too big: you will adapt! The Passport is the best mobile device I have ever used.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-15 06:36 PM
    We all had these fears a year ago when the Passport came out,.. but after a few weeks your hands get used to it and you're good to go.

The problem is that now the Priv keyboard looks like it's made for tiny hands. : /

Posted via CB10
    11-18-15 06:46 PM
    Conbrio29 you are my Internet soul mate lollll

So glad I'm not the only one. I think I'll order it tonight. Wish I could get silver, just for aesthetics, but form what I read it's basically the same experience

Thanks again for the feedback.

And I liked the priv fine, except for the fact that your fingers hit the lip of the screen when you flicked words

Posted via CB10
    11-18-15 07:59 PM
    Conbrio29 you are my Internet soul mate lollll

So glad I'm not the only one. I think I'll order it tonight. Wish I could get silver, just for aesthetics, but form what I read it's basically the same experience

Thanks again for the feedback.

And I liked the priv fine, except for the fact that your fingers hit the lip of the screen when you flicked words

Posted via CB10
    Lol awesome. Take note that the silver edition is slightly larger than the original version though. Funny I still have the cardboard Passport kicking around somewhere. It doesn't do the real device justice obviously, and it took me a few tries to get it printed exactly to proper scale!

Posted via CB10
    11-18-15 09:21 PM
    I have the ATT Passport and love it. Get the SE because there are more goodies for it than the ATT version.
    I drive my PP naked now
    11-18-15 09:31 PM
    Strongly recommend the silver edition. Keyboard is a dream.

Posted from Passport SE. Former Priv owner.
    11-18-15 09:58 PM
    I have an 8" tall hand. I can reach the letters from the far left when the tip of my supporting fingers (on the bottom) are reaching the BlackBerry logo at the back (which goes supporting half side of the device, right side in my case). So I kind of tilt the phone up when trying to type on one hand ( but makes it very slow for me to type so :-) ) The keys, in my opinion is softer than the classic' (compared from out of the box)

I think some for us who are determined to see if the wideness of the phone really hinders had done the same as what you did. Printed a picture of the phone and pasted it from a 5mm forex board. The length & weight were not correct, but that helped me to let the Passport grow on me to decide to purchase it without any hesitations and with greater conviction.
    11-18-15 10:13 PM
    I have small hands and love my Passport. Of course, I do hold it with both hands. But Omg!! It really is the best phone that has ever been made.
    11-18-15 10:28 PM
    I have the ATT Passport and love it. Get the SE because there are more goodies for it than the ATT version.
    I drive my PP naked now
    Lots of people calling for the se but sadly ill have to make the budget friendly choice to get the att for $99 on contract with em. Can't afford the 550 at shopbb right near Christmas

Posted via CB10
    11-19-15 05:30 AM
    So, yall are gonna make fun of me, but I'm really nervous about my next phone. I had narrowed it to the lg v10, the priv, and the passport. With the end of the sd/battery promo, the lg is out. I then played with the priv in store several times, and while I like it, I reallllllly want to keep bb10, so I am trying to figure out the passport.

Trouble is, my att store never carried them so I can't get my hands on one. Why will you make fun of me?

I've used this for three days now, pulling it out and carrying it with me and using it just like I do my phone...bed, toilet, work, night time. What'd the whether? I check my cardboard phone first

I know it sounds crazy, but it's actually helped me get over much of my concerns about the form factor. However, I still have one question for you....

How are the Q, A, Z, P, backspace and enter keys? On my cardboard passport, they are a little hard to reach. What are you'd experiences with the edge keys?

Thanks in advance!

Posted via CB10
    Side keys are very hard to type. That's why I've proposed this:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1036430

Meantime I must live with the inferior Passport v.1 keyboard lol.

Posted via CB10/BB PP SE.
    11-19-15 05:45 AM
    Well done!

Posted from Passport SE. Former Priv owner.
    11-19-15 07:05 AM
    Before I bought my Passport, one of my biggest concerns was the form factor and the PKB as I had never used a PKB before.

After owning the device, the form factor is one of my favorite aspects of the phone. The PKB took me 2 full days to be proficient. I think it also helped that I came from the BlackBerry Z30 so I was already used to some of the shortcuts or gestures.

One thing to keep in mind though is that this is strictly a 2 handed device.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-15 08:32 AM

Thanks in advance!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20151118_162914.jpg 
Views:	378 
Size:	28.4 KB 
ID:	381142

Posted via CB10
    If you have large-ish hands (I know this is gonna sound *** backwards but bear with me) it can be tough to reach those outside keys, as your thumbs kind of have a long ways to go and nearly need to hit you palms. I found this keys all very hard to reach at first, especially due to the small chin not giving you a lot of hand real estate, but this problem alleviates itself within a day or two when you hands find their spot holding the Passport. It just takes a bit because you've never held a phone of that stature/odd design. So even though you'll notice this for a bit (I did) the issue 100% went away in my case within a couple of days getting used to it, now I fly without thinking on the think... like 70wpm fly, you'll be fine.

Passport is by far the most useful phone ever been created, unless your into games, movies, or one-handed use. In every other aspect, it shines like no other. It's all but replaced my TABLET even. Beware though, if you buy one, you might not ever be able to stand another phone lol.

ClassicSQC100-4/10.3.2.2639
    11-19-15 08:44 AM
    I knew that the cardboard phone was waaaaaay too light...actually made me think twice about the people saying that certain phones are too heavy

Posted via CB10
    The whole notion of modern smartphones getting better because their thinner/lighter is the most ridiculous thing in the world right now for smartphones. "Makes them feel premium" you say? I say it makes them feel cheap and fragile as hell... which they are.

What feels premium to me is having the confidence of dropping my Passport five feet onto the asphalt with know case, and not worrying for a second about a cracked screen. Not only that, but I drop the phone way less than I did with my light droids/iFruits because of the extra heft.

TL;DR Making phones lighter was great... up until around the ifruit 4/4S. Now it's just an obvious ploy by phone companies to get you to buy multiple phones a year because you broke yours.

11-19-15 08:52 AM
    Why didn't all of you guys who made cardboard phones just grab your Passports... like the travelling ones, that's what I carried for a few days lol

11-19-15 08:56 AM
    That would be boring. Lol. Plus I wanted the keys. Plus, if I lose it, it's just cardboard

Posted via CB10
    11-19-15 09:59 AM
    Funny, I did the same thing. Those little pink Memo pads are the same size as a Passport. I had a Memo pad in my pocket for a couple of days before convincing myself that I needed a Passport. I had a Q10 at the time. I love the 3 row keyboard. It didn't take long to get use to it. In fact, I handled a friend's Priv last night and I could never see myself going back to a smaller 4 row keyboard. The Passport is definitely a 2 handed device, but I used both hands (or thumbs) on my Q10 before. I have had my Passport since February and for the first time in years, I have not been looking at any other new smartphones. The Priv doesn't interest me one bit.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-15 10:04 AM

Thanks in advance!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20151118_162914.jpg 
Views:	378 
Size:	28.4 KB 
ID:	381142

Posted via CB10
    MAN.....I did the exact same thing!!!! (no lie)...but i've long thrown my paper toy away and finally purchased a PP last Friday (AT&T version)! I'm so glad I did as I was worried about the size, keyboard, learning curve, etc... I had NOTHING to worry about! It is definately a two hand phone so the edge keys are easily accessable.

Go for it!
    11-19-15 12:59 PM