I'm still satisfied with my passports. Almost a year and a half in and it runs smoothly, the battery lasts easily into the second day, and it does what I need. It's specs, camera and OS work great.
    The only reason to switch is the smaller/narrower and thus faster keyboard, and of course Android and all the apps!

What do y'all think?

Is it going to be worth switching? Or do I ride out the passport...

Posted via CB10
    Since, you said you're still satisfied with your Passport, stick with it for now. No rush if it still works for you.
    Wait it out a few months. By that time, the KEYone's price will drop and potential bugs would be fixed.
    Last edited by johnny_bravo72; 04-25-17 at 06:59 PM.
    04-25-17 03:53 AM
    If Android is the only option, I will switch to another brand of phone. Used BlackBerry for a very long time. If they want to commit suicide, well, that's their decision.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-17 08:48 AM
    Dobrze gadasz Marcin ale ja jak narazie zostaje z Moim BB.
    Pozdro

Posted via CB10
    Dzieki ja tez bym zostal z BB10 ale niestety potrzebuje pare malych apps do pracy an codzien. Pozdrawiam!
    04-25-17 09:00 AM
    So happy that I don't have to leave my Passport.

Sent from one of my SE Passports using BB10 superior software.
    Same here, BB10 works just fine for my needs at this point but as soon as I start having issues I'll make the switch.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-17 09:06 AM
    The keyone is what the passport should have been. There is no future with the passport. Eventually you will switch. Why not switch for a keyone?
    04-25-17 03:28 PM
    I'm still satisfied with my passports. Almost a year and a half in and it runs smoothly, the battery lasts easily into the second day, and it does what I need. It's specs, camera and OS work great.
    The only reason to switch is the smaller/narrower and thus faster keyboard, and of course Android and all the apps!

What do y'all think?

Posted via CB10
    It's all about Personal Choice, your needs. Are you experienced using Android for any length of time?

My guess about K1 battery is this; if Android is allowed to set up to it's default. There may be a huge chance that battery life could be dismal. With Android constantly tracking you with GPS, report where you are or have been. With many, many Apps updating daily in the background. With an App frenzy on your part, going nuts loading Apps that aren't tamed and often are accessing the web for any number of reasons.

But all that said, you certainly will have the ability to lasso those wild Apps and their updates, their constantly checking the web, and killing off all the Android tracking, etc...
    04-25-17 04:36 PM
    Still love my Passport. I've finally said bonjour to my 9900 after a very long time (on my business line) but still use the Passport for my personal line. With Cobalt, I'd say about 85 percent of the Google Play Store apps "still" work. Some are a bit funky, but they work. Others have degraded. Oddly, TuneIn and other music streaming apps no longer work and tell me I'm "offline" and I can't remedy this, so that's a big hit as I use TuneIn quite a bit. Yet other apps that did not work from the onset now work with updates, like Uber. Although I use Uber about as often as I go to the dentist, so that's not a big deal.

But the phone still works great, and I love it for keeping my life in order. I'll be on it for another year. Then I'll migrate to whatever BlackBerry model is available. Keyone, or similar.

I was in an upscale restaurant in Richmond, VA on business recently and the receptionist had her Passport laying on the reception table. She was about 21-ish and it kind of surprised me that she had a Passport and not an iPhone or Droid. I asked her, "Why the Passport?" She said, "It's the coolest phone on the market. Big wide screen, great email, text and social media via the HUB, and the keyboard absolutely ROCKS!"

She's right.
    04-25-17 05:52 PM

What do y'all think?

Posted via CB10
    Have to say I have found myself contemplating the very same notion. After much reflecting and analysis on the two platforms and what's available I have so far come up with the saying, "the grass is always greener on the other side".
    If you were contemplating between getting a Passport or a KEYone that would be a different debate but you already have a Passport and know the benefits. One of those benefits that negate some of the perks of the KEYone is that you can still install android apps. Most work fine and there are many workarounds. As far as social media I find the Passport still satisfies my needs for Facebook, Google+, YouTube, StereoTube, SuperTube instagram (iGrann), whatsapp (soon will need the APK ver.) and am using Signal or some Telegram just fine.

One of the things that make me think to move and has always been my argument is that BB10 is loosing app support for the HUB. Facebook no longer has its own plug in the HUB, nor will Whatsapp soon. They just show up as regular notifications yet they still have the app title in it. This frustrated me at first cause I was used to the way it was in its own category but not that big a deal.

I've always thought Android to use more data compared to BB10 and this is purely my own conclusion but I've used both. Android does data mine your info sending and receiving constantly as to your location and social activities right down to your phones battery health. Personally I'm not interested in that and that's why I only use the Web version of Facebook.

Another thing that worries me is we all love the three row keyboard on the Passport and how it works. Not sure I will love the four row keyboard on the KEYone but like anything else it will take an adjustment I'm sure.

All in all there is no real big reason to jump other than to treat yourself and try the newest and greatest which isn't a bad thing. You will get new features on the KEYone (android) you did not realize you could have and miss some fluidity you knew you had on the Passport.
    Personally I've always followed the rule not to be the first to update to a the newest version of the OS and not to be the first to get the newest phone so that I can watch all the glitches and reviews that result. Enjoy your Passport for a while longer.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 04-25-17 at 06:50 PM.
    04-25-17 06:28 PM
    Key1!! Yes =)

Posted using a VeryBold BlackBerry Q10
    04-25-17 11:05 PM
    Have to say I have found myself contemplating the very same notion. After much reflecting and analysis on the two platforms and what's available I have so far come up with the saying, "the grass is always greener on the other side".
    If you were contemplating between getting a Passport or a KEYone that would be a different debate but you already have a Passport and know the benefits. One of those benefits that negate some of the perks of the KEYone is that you can still install android apps. Most work fine and there are many workarounds. As far as social media I find the Passport still satisfies my needs for Facebook, Google+, YouTube, StereoTube, SuperTube instagram (iGrann), whatsapp (soon will need the APK ver.) and am using Signal or some Telegram just fine.

One of the things that make me think to move and has always been my argument is that BB10 is loosing app support for the HUB. Facebook no longer has its own plug in the HUB, nor will Whatsapp soon. They just show up as regular notifications yet they still have the app title in it. This frustrated me at first cause I was used to the way it was in its own category but not that big a deal.

I've always thought Android to use more data compared to BB10 and this is purely my own conclusion but I've used both. Android does data mine your info sending and receiving constantly as to your location and social activities right down to your phones battery health. Personally I'm not interested in that and that's why I only use the Web version of Facebook.

Another thing that worries me is we all love the three row keyboard on the Passport and how it works. Not sure I will love the four row keyboard on the KEYone but like anything else it will take an adjustment I'm sure.

All in all there is no real big reason to jump other than to treat yourself and try the newest and greatest which isn't a bad thing. You will get new features on the KEYone (android) you did not realize you could have and miss some fluidity you knew you had on the Passport.
    Personally I've always followed the rule not to be the first to update to a the newest version of the OS and not to be the first to get the newest phone so that I can watch all the glitches and reviews that result. Enjoy your Passport for a while longer.

Posted via CB10
    Nicely put. I'm just getting ever tired of the workarounds needed to keep me happy on the passport. But everyone has their reasons to stay or leave. I for one will be jumping ship shortly.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-17 11:11 AM
    Nicely put. I'm just getting ever tired of the workarounds needed to keep me happy on the passport. But everyone has their reasons to stay or leave. I for one will be jumping ship shortly.

Posted via CB10
    Workarounds are just part of the fun for me. Will probably switch when whatsapp isn't usable any more so maybe after next month if there isn't any workaround for it.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-17 11:33 AM
    KEYone

UK - 9900 -Playbook (retired) - Q10 - Passport SE (1) - Passport SE (2) - *KEYone (hopefully)
    04-26-17 01:40 PM

Posted via CB10
    As an experiment I gave my spare Passport to a friend to try with all the apps I have installed, only thing he can't use is BBM. He is an Android fan and I have convinced him to try the KEYone when released but wanted him to try the HUB on BB10 as it was intended. It's been a month and he hasn't given it back. He has wiped his LG G4 and is contemplating buying it over the KEYone but is having a hard time deciding . I told him to play with it for two more weeks and let me know. Lol. There is much to like about BB10 phones like the play/pause button which he has learned to love while listening to long podcasts.
    Like I said and this is proof that the grass is always greener on the other side. Even with women.............well sometimes...........sometimes it's a heated swiming pool

Posted via CB10
    04-26-17 06:11 PM
    From a "frugal" point of view, my wallet has always liked NOT being the first guy on the new phone bandwagon. I was still on a 9900 on my business line until recently and as you guys know, accessories for a 9900 on Amazon or eBay are DIRT CHEAP. Same with the Passport. I waited until last Spring to get mine from Craigslist for 1/4 of the price (unlocked) that others paid new, and it's been just fine. And the accessories on eBay and Amazon are very inexpensive. In another year, they'll be dirt cheap like the 9900 accessories.

I happen to be a horder of cases and other accessories for my phones. I probably have 10 cases for my old 9900 including a battery case and a bunch of charging stands. I should put all these plus the phone on eBay so someone can enjoy them as they are all (including the phone) still rock solid and look like new. The same will hold true when I ditch the Passport. I've probably got $300 in deeply discounted accessories for the phone - meaning a heck of a lot of accessories.

So it's easy on the wallet to be behind the curve with older phones that still work for you.
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    04-26-17 06:12 PM
    Clearly my Passport is very viable
    ratfinkstooley and Mobajo like this.
    04-27-17 03:08 AM
    Keyone has a better future, love my passport but it's the reality

Posted via my Passport!
    04-27-17 07:45 AM
  17. tegar ramadhanu kariadinata's Avatar
    love passport... I don't like keyone is android

 BlackBerry Passport SE SQW-100-4 / 10.3.3.2205
    ratfinkstooley and sthngrl1 like this.
    04-27-17 09:05 AM
    I totally agree with all you have said. I now have an issue with PP calendar syncing with OS Sierra. Anyone else have this issue?? Will K1 work with MAC?
    04-27-17 12:29 PM
    Speaking of syncing, my BlackBerry 9900 Bridged beautifully to my Playbook. And for a while (a short while) my Passport synced beautifully to my iPad for BLEND. But that was short-lived. Blend stopped working on iPad about a year ago, and that was it. Lots of users reporting this issue when Blend stopped working on iPad, and there are no cures. It just stopped being supported. So now I have no sync to a tablet, and that was a HUGE plus for me. I was tempted to go back to my 9900 with Bridge to the Playbook just so I could have a larger screen for emails and texts.
    04-27-17 03:40 PM
    Spent $400 last summer on SE. It's going to last me a while.

Posted via CB10
    ratfinkstooley and Mobajo like this.
    04-27-17 03:55 PM
    I'm just back from looking at the Keyone at Selfridges. It's very good - keyboard is good - but the screen is too small for me. I hope there will be a (lager version) Keytwo soon!

Posted via CB10
    04-27-17 04:00 PM
    I'm just back from looking at the Keyone at Selfridges. It's very good - keyboard is good - but the screen is too small for me. I hope there will be a (lager version) Keytwo soon!

Posted via CB10
    Yeah like a Passport 2

Posted via CB10
    04-27-17 11:01 PM

Posted via CB10
    Hopefully google will allow 1:1 aspect ratio in the future, but I really doubt that because everybody seems to be about media consumption these days so there probably would't be enough interest for phones like that.
    Keyone is as close as you can get to a passport at the moment.
    I hope the keyone will be a great success and it will push tcl to making phones with pkb and productivity in mind.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-17 07:59 AM
    Have both! Keep the Passport in one pocket and use the other pocket for the KEYone. I currently have the Passport in my left pocket, and it's my communication and productivity power house: emails, calendar, file manager remote access, TeamViewer interface (works best), all instant messaging communications, Uber, Lyft, music, tasks, notes, etc. And I have the PRIV in my right pocket, and it serves me as media box (even though I have a Miracast adapter I use SlimPort most of the times): media streaming, free worldwide television, free movies, free online shows, free soccer games, garbage apps for fun, offline Google Maps, Craigslist, picture shortcuts, widgets, etc.

I would not be able to survive with only one phone anymore.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-17 09:19 AM
    We've reached a stage where it's not just the apps that are an issue. My bank's website has recently started nagging me about my browser being outdated; it won't be too long before it is completely incompatible.

Posted via CB10
    Get them to give you a phone if they want your business or change Banks

 Rick
    04-28-17 10:41 AM
107 1234 ...