Ahh..... I hope I made the right choice! Just ordered a Black Berry Passport. I feel that so many people have a negative view on it that I feel that its only fair for a real techie with a following base to give it a try. Hopefully I enjoy the blackberry. I'm a bit nervous. My blackberry passport arrives on Tuesday so still haven't received it.

This is my first blackberry. Any tips/app suggestions? I come from an iPhone Plus but previously a big android user.

Thank you.

01-26-15 02:27 AM
    Just relax.
    You will realize, how awesome it is

Posted via fantastic BlackBerry Passport. Damn, this thing is so awesome, that I am short of words to describe it's awesomenes. Like Majestic As...
    quikchip likes this.
    01-26-15 02:29 AM
    Lol thank you. It's going to be hard to sleep until then! Haven't been this excited/nervous about a phone since never actually. I'm confident i'll like it thought. It will be nice to be unique when it comes to phones so that is a plus.
    01-26-15 02:34 AM
    just got mine today! I dont know if my work will be good today!Still fidgety and nervous!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    devin266 and EsJayDee like this.
    01-26-15 02:58 AM
    Ahh..... I hope I made the right choice! Just ordered a Black Berry Passport. I feel that so many people have a negative view on it that I feel that its only fair for a real techie with a following base to give it a try. Hopefully I enjoy the blackberry. I'm a bit nervous. My blackberry passport arrives on Tuesday so still haven't received it.

This is my first blackberry. Any tips/app suggestions? I come from an iPhone Plus but previously a big android user.

Thank you.

I'm in the same situation. People come and ask me about phones on a daily base and I've used many, many phones. People always laugh when I try to buy another BlackBerry, but the passport is actually kinda awsome!

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 04:18 AM
    You need to spend some days to get used to the physical keyboard. As u are a big user of android, the first several days you will feel hard to use it,especially for the physical keyboard, but after u get used to it, it can be your daily driver. (passport is also my first blackberry,i spend one week to get used to it. now I don't want to go back to the iPhone. )

Posted via passport
    01-26-15 05:22 AM
    Welcome aboard! You'll love the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 06:14 AM
    Great choice. 100% sure you'll like it.
    It seems to be the most productive phone out there. I don't need one myself because the Q10 feets my little needs, but that's the only phone which made such effect on me since its release ; I want to test it, and can't stop thinking about it.
    Everybody's talking about smartphones and which one is better, and here BlackBerry released this �berphone.
    01-26-15 06:27 AM

Thank you.

Curious, but what made you choose a Passport?

(Sorry, no tips from me, but I'm sure others will chime in.)
    01-26-15 11:31 AM
    don't forget that this is a blackberry and not a iphone all will be different so just take your time and get used to it and in the end you will see how good the passport is
    01-26-15 12:12 PM
    Getting mine in 2 days. Now I hear some people are having issues with syncing to their corporate outlook. The PA makes a calendar entry on her desktop, but the boss cannot see it. Until he RESTARTS the passport!!! What's that all about?

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 12:19 PM
    You'll never look back...

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 12:21 PM
    Dear OP as long as you put productivity first you wont look back one bit.

I am look forward to you review once you have used the passport for a week or two.

Congrats on your courage!

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 12:53 PM
    Getting mine in 2 days. Now I hear some people are having issues with syncing to their corporate outlook. The PA makes a calendar entry on her desktop, but the boss cannot see it. Until he RESTARTS the passport!!! What's that all about?

Posted via CB10
    Is he using active sync?

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 12:53 PM
    My only advice is to give the keyboard the necessary time to adjust. It took me about 3 days to get comfortable with it (having used the old BlackBerry Curve's and Bold's and the Q10) so it is an adjustment. Once you're used to it it actually becomes an amazing keyboard. I wouldn't want to go back to anything else.

Also, I notice a lot of reviews focus on The Hub and say it's not executed well. But I think if people spend the time necessary to set it up and properly adjust settings to what suits your needs it becomes an excellent way to aggregate your messages and social media streams.

Good luck. I came from an iPhone 6 Plus and have to say I've been pleasantly surprised by the Passport

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 02:15 PM
    Hey bud, congratulations.

I'm actually using an iPhone 5s until the Passport launches on ATT, and I gotta say, iOS is horribly inefficient. I had a Passport, sold it, and am using a family members old phone now.

I used an iPhone from og to 5, and then moved to BB10. I've had lots of nostalgic feelings for the iPhone over the past year plus. And none of those feelings meant anything.

The whole iOS experience is insanely frustrating, and the typing experience in particular. Not to mention that a lot of apps I've been using are crashing often. Modern apps that have received updates.

You'll love BlackBerry 10, or you'll learn to love it. And when you go back, you'll realize how much you miss it. Give it some time. You'll see.

Posted via CB10
    EsJayDee and LoneStarRed like this.
    01-26-15 02:18 PM

Thank you.

A bunch of great tips and tricks--here you go: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...d-tips-965730/ ---congrats on the purchase!
    01-26-15 02:22 PM
    Congrats & there's no turning back...
    Enjoy!!!

RedBlackBeast�
    01-26-15 02:26 PM
    Hey, welcome aboard

Depends on your need you will like it or hate it. I love it.
    01-26-15 02:30 PM
    Sergio -

Here are things I found I liked which may not be immediately apparent:

1. Great search functionality built in, especially if you're a heavy email user. I downloaded 6 GB (10 years worth) of emails to the phone and the search function is really fast. Also you can start a web search immediately from the keyboard and then click on the Google, Bing, DuckDuckgo icon to complete the search.

2. Encryption is easy to set up and this includes the SD card.

3. Blend is nice and works great on the macbook too. Haven't played around with continuity on the mac, but I think Blend compares well, and Blend does not leave any data on the iPad, mac, PC etc.. after it's turned off. Works through the cellular service too btw.

4. Spend time with the hub and all the customization options. You can set up which services notify you and how, including the color of the LED.

5. Gestures work great. In general BB10 has a very efficient interface, and I've decided I like better than iOS, WP8, and android.

6. Call and conference call quality is quite good, better than iPhone.

7. The device is often great for reading PDFs and webpages that are formatted for the PC. 60 characters per line from 40 characters per line is a big change.

8. Related to 7: absolutely don't ignore the usefulness of mobile websites now that you have a larger screen. For instance, Yelp's mobile website seems to be about as good as any Yelp app I've seen. News sources such as Economist, Foreign affairs, etc.. all have good mobile websites too.

Finally, I really like the 'ReaditNow' app. It's a good client for the Pocket service it integrates well in the BB10 sharing options.

I don't use much social media, so I can't really comment on that.
    DawnMills likes this.
    01-26-15 02:38 PM
    Welcome to the club!

Some patience will be needed.

Just use the phone and the rest will come. Make sure to check out blend.

Biggest advice I can provide is make sure to only let 1 email account sync your contacts and don't save to sim and email. Contact management is the weakest link on BlackBerry 10.

There should be a software update sometime soon and it will make the phone even more awesome.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 02:52 PM
    I dumped the iphone for my blackberry passport and have absolutely no regrets! Picked up my kids iphone6 and couldn't believe I actually had that as my daily driver? Whoa! You won't regret the change it will be a minor adjustment you can still get your apps via BBM, amazon app store, snap etc.. so don't worry like they say when you black you never go back! Enjoy

Posted via CB10
    PG923 and AthenaSmith like this.
    01-26-15 07:55 PM
    BTW passport is a head turner! Ask everyone on here who has one they will tell you.

Posted via CB10
    Sergi0_o, PG923 and Carjackd like this.
    01-26-15 07:56 PM
    01-26-15 08:20 PM
    Like everyone else said. You are going to love the device. Biggest upside is i haven't used my laptop since I got this phone. Everyone is usually impressed by this phone or at least asks about it. Get ready for some attention.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 09:18 PM
73 123