BlackBerry Passport is obsolete? Lol funny!!! I came late to the game. Got my passport late 2016. The moment I went to the store to try one and saw the flow, the tiles, the lack of clutter, and the confidence it gave me that I'll rarely have to root the phone to block ads and secure the OS.. I fell in love and can't keep my hands off it. I'm used to android and have tons of android devices I use to play games and what not when I'm bored, android has its place somewhere, but as a phone, this is the premium device I want to carry!! All hail the passport, king of phones!! Whoever designed this needs an award. Lol

Posted via CB10
    falbo and ratfinkstooley like this.
    02-10-17 12:08 AM
    Long live Passport.. Mercury is no near match to passport, Yes as it from BlackBerry it is having several improvements to Android OS.

We should wait till the BB10 dies completely and in mean time Blackberry Android comes with much more BB10 Features and flow, so that we will not have much transition issue while migrating to android from BB10.

or the blackberry mobile dies completely and we can try for some new OS( I am sure some new OS will emerge to give competition to IOS and Android, I hope and love BB10 returns with enhancements )

From My Red Passport
    BB10 won't be returning, unfortunately.

The success of Android BlackBerry devices really counts on BlackBerry loyalists and previous fans to purchase them. If everyone stays on BB10 and decides to forego changing over then the success of BlackBerry mobile handsets in general is bleak.

My opinion is if you take BB10 out of the equation the next best mobile OS implementation and experience is BlackBerry Android.

If that fails then what are we left to choose from?

I'm rooting for and monetarily supporting BlackBerry Android. If it fails then I guess I'll have no choice but to move on.
    02-10-17 12:13 AM
    BB10 won't be returning, unfortunately.

The success of Android BlackBerry devices really counts on BlackBerry loyalists and previous fans to purchase them. If everyone stays on BB10 and decides to forego changing over then the success of BlackBerry mobile handsets in general is bleak.

My opinion is if you take BB10 out of the equation the next best mobile OS implementation and experience is BlackBerry Android.

If that fails then what are we left to choose from?

I'm rooting for and monetarily supporting BlackBerry Android. If it fails then I guess I'll have no choice but to move on.
    Plugging for gross android hey? I might buy the mercury as a secondary device. Google is a very powerful company currently and not to be messed with. Case in point, just last month, I uploaded a patched version of youtube to aptoide for safe keeping and came back a couple of days to see that it was downloaded more than 2000 times. This was an old version so was surprised by the numbers. Aptoide then blocked that version and I noticed that the app became corrupted on every device that i had that had a playstore. All of them. And my devices are all set to not update automatically. the app was working properly beforehand. Only way to get it to work was without having Google installed. My point is.... app over privacy especially for a phone?...privacy wins for me against the Google machine.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-17 01:18 AM
    Plugging for gross android hey?

Posted via CB10
    Nope, just plugging for BlackBerry Mobile handsets.
    02-10-17 07:35 AM
    After a lot of thought i ordered a red passport... the silver edition looks like an htc one m8 on steroids for some reason. Fugly!

I am in 12 th grade right now and want to use it until i graduate at least. I.e 2-3 years. Do you think I can manage if i use face10 pro for facebook, twitter app for twitter, inst10 pro for instagram, messenger pro for messenger and whatsapp apk with waa fixer after 30th june. Blackberry hub for emails.
    Thats all i really need except for phone calls and sms. And oh yeah... fast tube pro for youtube.
    If i get this much stuff do you think i can manage just fine?

Posted via CB10
    I think you can manage just fine.

I remember when the Passport OG launched, i was so excited and each day i went to a store during my lunch break (close by) to see if any store had one for me to try out. finally i got to try one but i just wasn't completely sold on the colour for some reason, it was missing something. But as soon as i saw the RED one. I was completely sold haha.

Twitter, Facebook, WhatsApp and Instagram should stick around a little while. Don't think you need to stress just yet.
    02-10-17 07:45 AM
    Many missed out on the z30 and now the PP. The world will never learn.

Sent from one of my SE Passports using BB10 superior software.
    02-10-17 08:50 AM
31 12