Hi folks.

I posted a few days ago stating how the most recent update had made my passport a productivity powerhouse. Happy to say it still is. Microsoft office suite works like a charm.

I've been delving into the multimedia side of things over the last day and wow. Managed to get hold of a slimport adapter which works, the Showbox app which works on our passports and add one hdmi cable, TV, home cinema amplifier and voila..
    Video output is strong and glitch free. Only limitation is the quality of the video itself. Netflix streams like a charm. Sadly the same cannot be said about amazon instant video app which just won't work (sadly means I cannot watch game of thrones on the go). I'm not sure but I think flash support is gone in the browser as not all videos play sometimes but that's not too much of an issue.

Music quality was pretty decent as well. I guess for all the audiophiles out there going via hdmi it's higher quality output as it's digital? and with the amp set to 2 channel audio the music was pretty sublime. It sounded a lot cleaner than when I attach it via jack to 2 phono.

I just need that rado concept BlackBerry watch and I'll feel complete.

The passport is so much more versatile than all the reviews lead you to believe. It's a shame as I was playing around with it at the local pcworld and demonstrated it's streaming capabilities using spotify to a WiFi speaker I was hoping to buy and then hooked it up to a TV with a high def movie on my phone. The staff were really surprised it was capable of doing all that. Some people actually asked what phone I had. Hooked up to the TV I could even show them the OS as it's mirrored. Hopefully someone felt the urge to go try one for themselves.

The phone didn't break a sweat and the battery didn't get hammered either which was pretty awesome.

It's an epic phone to beat. Considering jacking in my iPhone plus and getting a backup passport. Almost scared to apply any future updates lol.

Hope this post was a little inspiring. I've had a few phones with glitches but this one is definitely worth preserving and the os updates have fixed the few annoying little nags I had. Someone's always got an answer to an issue on the forum and search around (sometimes pretty hard) and you find so many fixes.

Not only is the phone epic. So is the support on the forum.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 02:44 PM
    May i ask where you got microsoft office suite from?

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 02:50 PM
    I downloaded it from the snap app store. One note app works as well.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 02:56 PM
    How did you hook up to the TV using an HDMI cable. I only saw miracast as an option since there is not an HDMI port like the Z10 had.
    Thanks in advance for your help!
    02-24-15 03:32 PM
    You need a slimport adapter which I bought off amazon. You plug a hdmi cable into it which then connects to your TV or amplifier.

Posted via CB10
    dietertong likes this.
    02-24-15 03:48 PM
    You need to be wary as slimport and mhl adapters look very similar but mhl doesn't work with our passports. Took some trial and error to figure that one out.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 03:50 PM
    How did you hook up to the TV using an HDMI cable. I only saw miracast as an option since there is not an HDMI port like the Z10 had.
    Thanks in advance for your help!
    You have to buy a slim port adapter ShopBlackBerry Online Store - SlimPort HDMI Adapter

Amazon has it too http://www.amazon.com/Official-Slimport-adapter-Blackberry-Passport/dp/B00NG4LW3Q/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1424814579&sr=8-3&keywords=slim+port

Don't buy the Samsumg adapter, that's another technology and won't work, stick to the one in the links.
    02-24-15 03:50 PM
    Hi folks.

I posted a few days ago stating how the most recent update had made my passport a productivity powerhouse. Happy to say it still is. Microsoft office suite works like a charm.

I've been delving into the multimedia side of things over the last day and wow. Managed to get hold of a slimport adapter which works, the Showbox app which works on our passports and add one hdmi cable, TV, home cinema amplifier and voila..
    Video output is strong and glitch free. Only limitation is the quality of the video itself. Netflix streams like a charm. Sadly the same cannot be said about amazon instant video app which just won't work (sadly means I cannot watch game of thrones on the go). I'm not sure but I think flash support is gone in the browser as not all videos play sometimes but that's not too much of an issue.

Music quality was pretty decent as well. I guess for all the audiophiles out there going via hdmi it's higher quality output as it's digital? and with the amp set to 2 channel audio the music was pretty sublime. It sounded a lot cleaner than when I attach it via jack to 2 phono.

I just need that rado concept BlackBerry watch and I'll feel complete.

The passport is so much more versatile than all the reviews lead you to believe. It's a shame as I was playing around with it at the local pcworld and demonstrated it's streaming capabilities using spotify to a WiFi speaker I was hoping to buy and then hooked it up to a TV with a high def movie on my phone. The staff were really surprised it was capable of doing all that. Some people actually asked what phone I had. Hooked up to the TV I could even show them the OS as it's mirrored. Hopefully someone felt the urge to go try one for themselves.

The phone didn't break a sweat and the battery didn't get hammered either which was pretty awesome.

It's an epic phone to beat. Considering jacking in my iPhone plus and getting a backup passport. Almost scared to apply any future updates lol.

Hope this post was a little inspiring. I've had a few phones with glitches but this one is definitely worth preserving and the os updates have fixed the few annoying little nags I had. Someone's always got an answer to an issue on the forum and search around (sometimes pretty hard) and you find so many fixes.

Not only is the phone epic. So is the support on the forum.

Posted via CB10
    How did u download android microsoft office from snap? I don't see it available on mine...

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 10:35 PM
    My passport is faster and better then ever before with the update. My battery got even better and I didn't think it was possible. This samsung guy always borrows my BlackBerry charger and Iphone users ar'e always looking for a charger and a plug. The passport looks like a million dollars phone vs the cheap iphone and samsung plastic. To bad the masses are brainwashed by NSA propaganda.

Posted via CB10
    3MIKE likes this.
    02-24-15 10:53 PM
    The only drawback I could think of would be lack of software & at times, software support due to the unusual screen. But otherwise, Passport is a near perfect business phone.

No regret here.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 10:58 PM
    Ebay But three for the price on amazon or at shopblackberry.com. Slimport Mydp TO Hdmi HDTV Adapter FOR LG G2 Google Nexus 4 Nexus 5 Nexus 7 2nd | eBay
    02-24-15 11:03 PM
    I got my PP today. Big change from the iPhone. I'm going to be trying to figure out how to get some of the useful tools I'm used to, but wow, what a device.

Posted via CB10
    brian4591 likes this.
    02-25-15 12:02 AM
    Enjoy!

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 03:02 AM
    How did u download android microsoft office from snap? I don't see it available on mine...

Posted via CB10
    It might be region specific I guess. It's definitely in my snap store. You might be able to download the apk manually by googling it and installing it manually. Hope that helps.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 03:05 AM
    It might be region specific I guess. It's definitely in my snap store. You might be able to download the apk manually by googling it and installing it manually. Hope that helps.

Posted via CB10
    Ms office is not appearing in Google play at the moment. I assume that it's been temporarily withdrawn.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2243 O2 UK
    02-25-15 06:05 AM
    My iphone 6 plus gets no burn off the bench. I use to sub it in for a quarter or two but the PASSPORT is just more efficient. My 6 plus gets used to change the songs on my apple tv when I'm at home.

Posted via CB10
    vptsff and Plummerdc88 like this.
    02-25-15 06:16 AM
    May I know which app exactly did you install from Snap? Is it the OfficeSuite 8+PDF Converter or the Microsoft Office Mobile?

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 06:20 AM
    May I know which app exactly did you install from Snap? Is it the OfficeSuite 8+PDF Converter or the Microsoft Office Mobile?

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    Microsoft office mobile

Posted via CB10
    vptsff, Flatman and Demansy like this.
    02-25-15 06:54 AM
    My passport is faster and better then ever before with the update. My battery got even better and I didn't think it was possible. This samsung guy always borrows my BlackBerry charger and Iphone users ar'e always looking for a charger and a plug. The passport looks like a million dollars phone vs the cheap iphone and samsung plastic. To bad the masses are brainwashed by NSA propaganda.

Posted via CB10
    Indeedy :-)

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 09:30 AM
    Microsoft office mobile

Posted via CB10

Just gets better and better-img_20150225_090419.png

Just gets better and better-img_20150225_091134.png

Install Cobalt's playstore app.

Passport OS 10.3.1.2480
    02-25-15 10:12 AM
    Simply download and install the last version!!

http://www.apk4fun.com/apk/1543/

Sometimes a google search may help...

Posted via CB10
    Demansy and brian4591 like this.
    02-25-15 10:32 AM
    Just a little recall that you can directly get .apk from the net and simply install.
    Snap and Google Play Store are not mandatories...

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 10:34 AM
    You need a slimport adapter which I bought off amazon. You plug a hdmi cable into it which then connects to your TV or amplifier.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you!!!
    02-25-15 12:57 PM
    Don't buy the Samsumg adapter, that's another technology and won't work, stick to the one in the links.
    Thanks for the warning!
    02-25-15 12:59 PM
    My iphone 6 plus gets no burn off the bench. I use to sub it in for a quarter or two but the PASSPORT is just more efficient. My 6 plus gets used to change the songs on my apple tv when I'm at home.

Posted via CB10
    I use my plus solely for facetime duties. Don't even browse the Web on it anymore. I'm so used to using the passport keyboard lol.

Posted via CB10
    sbx9900 likes this.
    02-25-15 01:52 PM
33 12