HI All,

I just bought a ATT Passport off ebay and it will be here Monday! Im jazzed to get it and see how it is over my Z30.
    if I like it a lot more I will put my Pristine Verizon Z30 up for sale. almost bought a red one from a CB member but I thought I may not be crazy about seeing red all the time and get sick of it so I went traditional BlackBerry Black and because it has wireless charging like my Z30.

No I have to switch over to ATT and might go with the go plan? Any suggestions?
    I dont use a lot of date hardly get to 1.5 gigs in a month so maybe just another 2 gig plan.
    letrantrung likes this.
    08-07-15 06:43 PM
    Congrats. They have rollover data which is nice. Drops off after second month though and starts over every other month. I dig it. You will love your phone. I have original and prefer it with the square corners but I have used the AT&T version and it is nice too.

Posted via Passport - 10.3.2.2339 
    08-07-15 07:10 PM
    You will love it.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-15 07:43 PM
    AT&T version is great, but I hope you have no issues, because you have no hardware warranty since you bought it on eBay.

Just hop on Cricket for $35/mo. They use AT&T towers and the amount of data you use will work fine with that plan.
    08-07-15 08:54 PM
    I have never had any issues with the phones I have bought from others I guess I've been lucky. It was bought back in march and the owner said it has been flawless.
    Crickett sounds good but I travel TX OK NM and need good service but I will check them out. I am so jazzed to get it. Im old school I guess and love the BB KB
    08-08-15 08:08 AM
    AT&T version is great, but I hope you have no issues, because you have no hardware warranty since you bought it on eBay.

Just hop on Cricket for $35/mo. They use AT&T towers and the amount of data you use will work fine with that plan.
    wow just looked at the cricket site for coverage sweet I guess its the same as att for half the cash ill have to check them out, thanks
    08-08-15 08:14 AM
    wow just looked at the cricket site for coverage sweet I guess its the same as att for half the cash ill have to check them out, thanks
    Don't you just love this CB site,haha,congrats!
    08-08-15 08:17 AM
    I've been perfectly happy with Cricket (4 months now). It is the same service as AT&T, only thing is they employ a little bit of false advertising surrounding their LTE speeds. They throttle their speeds at 8 Mbps, which is far below LTE's max and even HSPA+'s max. For general day-to-day usage though, you won't notice. They also don't allow tethering.

If you want fastest LTE speeds and tethering, I'd go with NetOnTheRun. They basically resell T-Mobile Business Plans: $45/mo gets you 5GB true LTE, all the music freedom and other T-Mo perks, and tethering. Only reason I switched was because I get zero T-Mobile service in my apartment.
    08-08-15 03:32 PM
    Looking at the Netontherun they dont have the coverage in in the places I go. I can use my work ip4s and use the phone for a hot spot which I do with my verizon Z30 and works perfect.

I will see im ok with paying the 60.00 that att has but cricket looks nice also
    08-08-15 05:51 PM
    I will see im ok with paying the 60.00 that att has but cricket looks nice also
    Go with Cricket. You'll be saving $25/mo for IDENTICAL SERVICE.
    08-08-15 06:16 PM
    Go with Cricket. You'll be saving $25/mo for IDENTICAL SERVICE.
    Except slower speeds.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-15 07:01 PM
    Except slower speeds.

Posted via CB10
    Read my above post. I used to be one to bash Cricket for false advertising, yadda yadda. Then I switched to them when my new apartment had zero T-Mo service because of a bad pocket where reception doesn't reach.

You don't notice the speeds when doing ANYTHING categorized as normal usage on your device. Browsing the web, GPS, music, youtube, etc. You just don't notice. With the signal being more consistent, I'm pretty much receiving 8Mbps everywhere when T-Mo used to fluctuate.

You just don't notice, period.

Posted via CB10 // Passport SQW100-1 // 10.3.2.2339 // Cricket Wireless
    08-08-15 08:08 PM
    Read my above post. I used to be one to bash Cricket for false advertising, yadda yadda. Then I switched to them when my new apartment had zero T-Mo service because of a bad pocket where reception doesn't reach.

You don't notice the speeds when doing ANYTHING categorized as normal usage on your device. Browsing the web, GPS, music, youtube, etc. You just don't notice. With the signal being more consistent, I'm pretty much receiving 8Mbps everywhere when T-Mo used to fluctuate.

You just don't notice, period.

You can never tell other people what they will experience on a carrier unless they are living in your house using the same device. Too many variables. Cricket may work for you doing basic things like Web surfing but it will make a difference when pushing the service. It's all subjective though and I'm sure it works for you and many others.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-15 08:30 PM
    You can never tell other people what they will experience on a carrier unless they are living in your house using the same device. Too many variables. Cricket may work for you doing basic things like Web surfing but it will make a difference when pushing the service. It's all subjective though and I'm sure it works for you and many others.

Posted via CB10
    Think I didn't test that? If AT&T service is good in your area, Cricket will serve you 8Mbps constant; I've tested it under load. So yes, that's what you'll experience.

08-08-15 08:33 PM
    Think I didn't test that? If AT&T service is good in your area, Cricket will serve you 8Mbps constant; I've tested it under load. So yes, that's what you'll experience.

Im going to give them a try and I am not a big web surfer and dont use youtube a lot as long as my bbm and emails get to me and weather im good so to be able to save some cash why not try im under no contract I can always move to ATT.
    Thanks for the help
    08-09-15 08:12 AM
    Congrats dude enjoy it u will love it.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 08:13 AM
    I cant wait to get my hands on it, just like i did with the Z30
    08-09-15 08:18 AM
    ATT version is nice and is using the soft keyboard. I rate it almost as good as the silver edition. Plus you can pick up a cheap Nokia fatboy and enjoy wireless charge.

Posted from a Passport or Z30. Get one!
    08-09-15 08:18 AM
    Im going to give them a try and I am not a big web surfer and dont use youtube a lot as long as my bbm and emails get to me and weather im good so to be able to save some cash why not try im under no contract I can always move to ATT.
    Thanks for the help
    Good call. You'll end up keeping it.
    08-09-15 03:25 PM

Interesting. Did some reading up on it and it seems to be working well for a lot of people. No tethering, no international calls (except Mexico and Canada), slower speeds, no roaming but doable. May I ask which plan you use and what your total bill is with taxes?
    08-09-15 04:09 PM
    Interesting. Did some reading up on it and it seems to be working well for a lot of people. No tethering, no international calls (except Mexico and Canada), slower speeds, no roaming but doable. May I ask which plan you use and what your total bill is with taxes?
    For my lifestyle, it works fine. Like I said, I don't notice the throttled speeds; it's definitely false advertising regarding LTE though. The general public doesn't know any better and have no clue about network speeds, differences between 3G, HSPA+, and LTE. It's only us geeks that care, really.

Sign up for the $40 plan and set up auto pay, which knocks $5 off your monthly bill. Comes out to $35 even, no taxes.
    08-09-15 04:29 PM
    For my lifestyle, it works fine. Like I said, I don't notice the throttled speeds; it's definitely false advertising regarding LTE though. The general public doesn't know any better and have no clue about network speeds, differences between 3G, HSPA+, and LTE. It's only us geeks that care, really.

Sign up for the $40 plan and set up auto pay, which knocks $5 off your monthly bill. Comes out to $35 even, no taxes.
    No taxes? Interesting. I only use about 1.5GB per month so that plan would work fine. As far as speeds, if you were sending large files a lot I cold see it making a difference but for the average person, no. I might just give it a try, thanks.
    08-09-15 04:35 PM
    If he is happy with it and can live with it and save some bills and keep them in your account why the hel l not plus the coverage is the same
    08-09-15 06:27 PM
    Can you buy the regular Passport and use Cricket? Or do you have to have the AT&T version?

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 07:06 PM
    Can you buy the regular Passport and use Cricket? Or do you have to have the AT&T version?

Posted via CB10
    Any locked AT&T device will work fine on Cricket since it's the same network. Same goes for unlocked GSM devices.

I'm using an OG Passport on Cricket, works great.
    08-09-15 07:09 PM
26 12