All i want to see is blackberry make a comeback and show people that they can still make a GREAT phone and that people will WANT that phone.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 07:42 PM
    You look back historically, you'd probably find the Curve series was one of the best selling BB lines because they put affordable phones in the hands of everyday Jane and Joe. The higher end devices went to the more discerning users, the power users, and those who refused to compromise.
    ^^^This is so true^^^, So much so they even made the World Edition Curve.
    BergerKing and RazzBerry like this.
    03-30-15 08:00 PM
    No one has market share's data of that very very specific market
    Correct ... but BlackBerry has tried to develop it ... that is bold and its received praise. They shouldn't stop to enforce this market now should they?
    03-30-15 08:27 PM
    Passports are making almost double per device so it almost works out to be the same in terms of money hahahah. I think the attractive price of the classic helped its sales a lot though

Posted via CB10
    03-31-15 12:07 AM
    of course sales could drop by 40% this quarter and the statement "2 classics for ever passport" could be true - it actually tells you nothing about sales - I notice Chen is getting very good at saying things that on the face sound very positive but when you reflect don't actually tell you anything.
    03-31-15 03:09 AM
    I know it is not that relevant but if you look on eBay Passport is outselling Classic 2:1. Both in number listed and number sold. So I think Classic must be selling much better in enterprise.
    03-31-15 04:51 AM
    Just watched a video of an interview for John Chen, in which he mentioned that the ratio of the numbers of Classic and Passport sold are roughly 2:1.

And Classic has only just gotten into retail channel.

I would take my Passport over a Classic any day, but it looks like wee are the minority among minorities.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    Just goes to show that there is interest in BlackBerry product and with the economy, maybe the lower price point was able to allow some users back in the BB game
    03-31-15 08:30 AM
    I guess this means I should go get a second Passport now.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-15 10:14 AM
    of course sales could drop by 40% this quarter and the statement "2 classics for ever passport" could be true - it actually tells you nothing about sales - I notice Chen is getting very good at saying things that on the face sound very positive but when you reflect don't actually tell you anything.
    Surely a key skill for any good 'turn-around' CEO...
    BigAl_BB9900 and JeepBB like this.
    03-31-15 03:58 PM
    I guess chan's plan is working. Converting the older BlackBerry users to bb10

Beproud
    03-31-15 05:15 PM
    The classic sells more because people haven't got the balls to get the passport, but passport wins for me

Posted via BBPP
    03-31-15 05:16 PM
    I see it as risk taking in most cases classic is less of a risk in taking.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-15 05:25 PM
    why, exactly, does chen dwell on poor performance & shame his own hardware failures ?? if he put some energy into reading these & other BB forums, he might just learn something about his offerings beyond his own circle to those who actually use the things...
    03-31-15 09:07 PM
    Correct ... but BlackBerry has tried to develop it ... that is bold and its received praise. They shouldn't stop to enforce this market now should they?
    they shouldn't or they'll die. I mean if we know statistic of that spesific market we can compare with others in the same area and see if bbry wins their (target) league or not.
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    04-01-15 02:08 AM
    I don't really care which device sold more, actually I am kind of sick of those late "Passport vs. Classic" debates here on CB. What worries more is the fact no actual numbers got stated. Which means neither the Passport nor the Classic sold in numbers which would be worth mentioning.
    What I really would like to see in the future would be numbers for sold devices which are actually worth mentioning. Like "We sold three million Passports and four million Classics last quarter", numbers which will ensure we'll keep seeing BlackBerry phones in the future.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 04:09 AM
    I guess Chen's plan is working...converting the older BlackBerry users to BB10
    Those legacy users are moving on to other platforms for the most part.
    04-01-15 06:14 AM
    Those legacy users are moving on to other platforms for the most part.
    I cannot be bothered to run the numbers but I'm sure someone else will - has he at least slowed the rate of decline?
    04-01-15 06:22 AM
67 123