Hi,
    I've used google apps in my company and private.
    I often switch my devices. IOS and BlackBerry. At the moment I'm using the passport. Google apps has something like exchange, but that's not the real exchange. So I've decided to make the switch to outlook.com.
    The prices are the same. It depends what license you are buying from Microsoft.
    The admin console is good. The migration from google apps to outlook was easy and really fast.
    And now I have on my BlackBerry the complete exchange experience.

I have:

Real push
    I can sync my tasks
    I see if I have replied to an email
    All is pushed reaaly fast
    I have remote search
    I'm totally synchron with my desktop

Posted via CB10
    11-23-14 04:19 AM
    Made the switch myself when bb10 came out and will never look back. Welcome to the club!
    gfondeur and thymaster like this.
    11-23-14 04:32 AM
    Hi,
    I often switch my devices. IOS and BlackBerry. At the moment I'm using the passport. Google apps has something like exchange, but that's not the real exchange. So I've decided to make the switch to outlook.com.
    The admin console is good. The migration from google apps to outlook was easy and really fast.

I have:

Real push
    I can sync my tasks
    I have remote search

Posted via CB10
    Quick question, I have been on Google Gmail for a few years and have several labels and emails from my clients that I would need to import if I where to move over to Outlook. Can my labels and older emails all be moved over without any major issues?

Sent from my lovely passport on T Mobile USA
    Evindzer likes this.
    11-23-14 04:37 AM
    Quick question, I have been on Google Gmail for a few years and have several labels and emails from my clients that I would need to import if I where to move over to Outlook. Can my labels and older emails all be moved over without any major issues?

Sent from my lovely passport on T Mobile USA
    Yes, all will be moved. The labels are folders

Posted via CB10
    Evindzer and LuvULongTime like this.
    11-23-14 05:35 AM
    Outlook.com works incredibly well with BB and my PC's,

Great service, that keeps getting better. Thanks MS!
    11-23-14 05:49 AM
    What are the steps that one must do in order to accomplish this?

Posted via CB10
    11-23-14 06:10 AM
    What are the steps that one must do in order to accomplish this?
    MS makes it incredibly easy to switch from Gmail to Outlook.........

Outlook.com - Microsoft free personal email
    11-23-14 06:18 AM
    Sorry might seem out of place here, but seems relevant to this topic..

I've been with gmail for a few years now with my personal domain since they had offered free Google Apps to companies with 1-5 people (doesn't exist anymore).

My question is that i want to switch away from the gmail experience since i very strongly dislike the new "Inbox" idea that Google is pushing..

Not sure how they got the idea that i want yet another social media experience, but i actually just want my email to be normal and I'm very efficient as it is.

So, my actual questions are:
    1. Is it possible to move my email to Outlook.com and still retain my custom domain?
    2. Can i import my old emails and contacts easily?

From the sounds of it you guys are saying that it was easy to transition, but you're still leaving your stuff on the Gmail servers.. i want to completely remove myself from there and move over to say, Outlook.com..

(i know i know, you can never actually remove yourself from Google, but you get my idea)

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    11-23-14 02:14 PM
    Love outlook. Also have 365 sub, so I also now have unlimited onedrive storage. The onedrive app is a little flaky on ios, but those are my kids' devices and I just use it to back up their photos/videos.

Sync from BlackBerry to outlook.com is a little slower than I like, but still pretty good without running exchange.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Q10
    11-23-14 03:30 PM
    1. Is it possible to move my email to Outlook.com and still retain my custom domain?
    2. Can i import my old emails and contacts easily?
    Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1418

you can, and you can do that really easy in 7 steps
    11-23-14 03:46 PM
    I tried to migrate from Gmail to outlook.com a couple of times (and would still like to), but always failed as Outlook.com contacts don't allow for profile images to be set. They say they will pull them in from social sites, but I refuse to use such sites. Also, somebody told me that if you sync with Win 8 contacts this will allow for profile images to be set. I'm on W7 and not planning to migrate soon.
    So this might seem a little ridiculous, but as long as I can't set profile images, I can't make the switch.
    I think MS not allowing for images to be set under outlook.com is kinda pathetic.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-14 04:18 PM
    I too have switched my main account. Thinking about doing the rest.

MS makes it so easy.....and it's real Push!

Just hope they eventually add 2-step verification. Not a deal breaker though.

Thank you for posting this.

Hope others see the benefit of how BlackBerry and MS accounts work well together.
    Last edited by BACK-2-BLACK; 11-23-14 at 09:00 PM.
    Supa_Fly1 and gfondeur like this.
    11-23-14 06:13 PM
    Was very skeptical of the subscription model, but it actually works very well for my small business. We use it for email and exchange sync works very well on my Blackberries. Not to mention the unlimited one drive space and office apps on all my computers.

When I made the switch last year, it was very impressive and a very painless process because I had to switch my domain pointers as well and they had really good guides. I really felt like this was a very well thought out strategy!

Posted via CB10
    11-23-14 06:54 PM
    Does MS offer anything like the former Gapps/email for small business?
    11-23-14 06:56 PM
    Does MS offer anything like the former Gapps/email for small business?
    Have you checked out Office365? We use the home version of it and I think for about $10 a month, four of us in the house have access to all the MSoffice Apps. To be clear, it is about $10 in total, not per person. We combine this with outlook.com.

The commercial version is call Office365 and is probably about $5 per license, including the MS Office apps and exchange email. You may be able to get a free trial for it. It also used to include a BES like support for BBOS phones using BIS and BlackBerry Cloud services.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by robsteve; 11-23-14 at 09:04 PM.
    11-23-14 08:40 PM
    Hi,

I have:

Real push
    I can sync my tasks
    I have remote search

Posted via CB10
    If I go to outlook.com I get the page for free email (I already have one) but I want the page for outlook that is alike Google apps for work. I want to switch to outlook from Google. I found the 365 but it costs about 8 dollars per person. (Google is 5 dollars) Could you put the link to the right page?
    11-23-14 08:51 PM
    If I go to outlook.com I get the page for free email (I already have one) but I want the page for outlook that is alike Google apps for work. I want to switch to outlook from Google. I found the 365 but it costs about 8 dollars per person. (Google is 5 dollars) Could you put the link to the right page?
    Not sure what country you are in, but I was referring to the MSoffice Home/Office, which gave four OfficeApps accounts for about $9. Try looking on the Microsoft web page. You then combine it with an Outlook.com account for email. Outlook.com will allow you to host your own domains there. You will have to search, but there is a page showing how to transfer your domains to the Microsoft live.com severs and using Outlook.com.

Edit:

The commercial Office365 is $5.10 per user a month if you buy a year using online apps. The version including apps installed on your PC/Mac is $10.50.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/bu...102918419.aspx

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by robsteve; 11-23-14 at 09:10 PM.
    luigieagle and coldfir3 like this.
    11-23-14 08:59 PM
    I tried to migrate from Gmail to outlook.com a couple of times (and would still like to), but always failed as Outlook.com contacts don't allow for profile images to be set. They say they will pull them in from social sites, but I refuse to use such sites. Also, somebody told me that if you sync with Win 8 contacts this will allow for profile images to be set. I'm on W7 and not planning to migrate soon.
    So this might seem a little ridiculous, but as long as I can't set profile images, I can't make the switch.
    I think MS not allowing for images to be set under outlook.com is kinda pathetic.

Posted via CB10
    I had to export my Gmail contacts to Windows, in the form of vcf, and then import them into Outlook.com. It was the only way to do it without the social sites. It was a pain, but at least possible.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    11-24-14 07:51 AM
    I had to export my Gmail contacts to Windows, in the form of vcf, and then import them into Outlook.com. It was the only way to do it without the social sites. It was a pain, but at least possible.

Did images go with vcf export, and did they show in Outlook.com after the import?
    11-24-14 08:03 AM
    We are a small company using Google Apps. The main advantage of Google Apps over Office 365 is the MDM.

Google supports Blackberry 10 while Office 365 excluded Blackberry on their MDM. I can enforce encryption on all BlackBerry devices, and could remote wipe if devices got lost.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-14 08:05 AM
    Did images go with vcf export, and did they show in Outlook.com after the import?
    I believe they did, I can't remember. Very few of my contacts have images.

11-24-14 09:07 AM
    Hi,
    I have problem with tasks.
    On pc you can set due date with exact hour. On my bbz10 there is no option for setting hour only a day. In that case setting alarm for task is useless as it is only minutes /hours /day before due day.
    Any idea how to fix it? Have you the same issue?
    I'm running on 10.3.1.1151 Z10

BR
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by dudek80; 11-24-14 at 03:32 PM.
    11-24-14 03:15 PM
    Yes, all will be moved. The labels are folders

Posted via CB10
    He means the "rules" that label them. I have over 500 labels/rules and manually recreating is a deal breaker.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-14 09:07 PM

Just hope they eventually add 2-step verification. Not a deal breaker though.
    Just went through the security settings... they have 2-step Verification !
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-25-14 09:55 AM
    I tried Office 365 and 4 hours later went back to Google apps.
    11-26-14 11:51 AM
58 123