Can't wait to hear a review from someone who is an Android user first.

I think you'll be surprised by the logical organization and ease of use of the OS. Multitasking in BB10, that's the best part.
    07-18-16 09:21 AM
    Congrats!!!! Best BlackBerry device I've ever used. It will take a week or more to adjust from Android but I've found the swiping of BB10 to be far superior to the button + touch navigation of Android or Apple. I love the captive keyboard for scrolling through web pages and avoiding unwanted or accidental touching of links to ads.

Enjoy!
    07-18-16 11:37 AM
    If you're serious about error-free text input, serious communications, and emails (composing and replying), nothing beats the Passport and BB10. My Passport is basically a device that essentially replaces my work laptop. For document reading and editing (Microsoft Office documents) , the square screen works very well.

I've used many legacy BlackBerry devices, iPhones and Androids, and BB10 surpasses them all. Not to mention native support for Cloud-based storage in the File Manager, as well as FLAC lossless audio.

The Passport is definitely not for everyone, but it is probably the best smartphone ever made.

Posted via CB10
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    07-18-16 09:02 PM
    Well I have had the passport for a few days now. My observations so far:
    I love the form of the phone and it feels like pure quality. I am going to work with 2 phones at the moment, this and my LG G4. I wanted to see if I could use the Passport without my Android back up.....That didn't last long. The one app that I need for work is Salesforce1. I just can't get this on my BlackBerry which I find a bit ironic as its touted as a serious business phone. Another app I use lot is whatsapp. The fact that this will disapear in December is a major concern as everyone I know in personal and work circles uses this. I use facebook messenger to video call my family who live in different countries, (I live in Germany) but I can't do that on my Passport. BB10 doesn't seem to flow as easily as my set up on my LG either. However, having said all that I love the Passport and will be persevering to overcome the limitations I've found. For the moment I will still have to use android.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Gazzathered_1962; 07-20-16 at 06:06 AM.
    07-20-16 05:51 AM
    Well I have had the passport for a few days now. My observations so far:
    I love the form of the phone and it feels like pure quality. I am going to work with 2 phones at the moment, this and my LG G4. I wanted to see if I could use the Passport without my Android back up.....That didn't last long. The one app that I need for work is Salesforce1. I just can't get this on my BlackBerry which I find a bit ironic as its touted as a serious business phone. Another app I use lot is whatsapp. The fact that this will disapear in December is a major concern as everyone I know in personal and work circles uses this. I use facebook messenger to video call my family who live in different countries, (I live in Germany) but I can't do that on my Passport. BB10 doesn't seem to flow as easily as my set up on my LG either. However, having said all that I love the Passport and will be persevering to overcome the limitations I've found. For the moment I will still have to use android.

Posted via CB10

Haven't you tried installing google play store and google services via cobolt apps?
    For me it worked well for installing android apps directly from Google play store..

Posted via CB10
    07-22-16 08:08 AM
    Haven't you tried installing google play store and google services via cobolt apps?
    For me it worked well for installing android apps directly from Google play store..

Posted via CB10
    I have used the Cobalt system. Some work and some don't. I can't get facebook or Facebook messenger to work at all. That's not a major issue. The one main issue I have is I can't use Salesforce1. After doing all the cobalt stuff, when I go to salesforce1 app in the store it tells me on the app page itself that this app is not available for my device. It's the one thing stopping me from using my Passport as my main phone.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-16 04:11 AM
    I have used the Cobalt system. Some work and some don't. I can't get facebook or Facebook messenger to work at all. That's not a major issue. The one main issue I have is I can't use Salesforce1. After doing all the cobalt stuff, when I go to salesforce1 app in the store it tells me on the app page itself that this app is not available for my device. It's the one thing stopping me from using my Passport as my main phone.

Posted via CB10

I have installed facebook messenger and it works fine.
    Look for the apk of the version 24.0.0.17.13
    I found the download link in one of these forums, they had posted the link for facebook app also, but I didn't want to install facebook here.

It's sad that salesforce is not working on passport.
    BlackBerry passport is a great device, I hope that they would produce a passport version running Android on it.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-16 06:29 AM
    My simple contact system, while I dont have a big number of contacts anyway, is to put an 'X' in front of any name for work, and a 'Z' for misc business numbers, to separate them from 'real people' so when I push the contacts icon I type X or Z to see only the short list I want to look at.
    07-23-16 09:48 AM
    I have a PP SE and love it. I've been looking at buying another for backup. Don't want to pay $500 though. Hope they will go on sale again. If anyone knows where I can pick one up - I would appreciate the tip.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-16 12:32 PM
    Enjoy / welcome to the mad house!
    Mad House.........its a mad house..........................................enj oy the phone, it will be a real asset.
    07-23-16 02:35 PM
    Congratulations on getting the best smartphone money can buy !

Posted via the king of smartphones. The Passport.
    anon(9742832) likes this.
    07-23-16 06:48 PM
36 12