I'm replacing my z10, and I'm leaning toward the Passport. But i read a review that said that android apps and other apps from BlackBerry World did not render on the passport square screen properly - that they could not fill the screen and would have white or gray bars down the sides, or that the app *would* fill the screen but it would look all stretched/distorted, or that some apps - especially games - just couldn't keep up the necessary work or show up on the screen properly.

Posted via BlackBerry Z10
    04-22-15 09:00 PM
    Issues with how apps show on square screen?-img_20150423_101036.png

You have many options to make it work
    04-22-15 09:11 PM
    I'm replacing my z10, and I'm leaning toward the Passport. But i read a review that said that android apps and other apps from BlackBerry World did not render on the passport square screen properly - that they could not fill the screen and would have white or gray bars down the sides, or that the app *would* fill the screen but it would look all stretched/distorted, or that some apps - especially games - just couldn't keep up the necessary work or show up on the screen properly.

Issues with how apps show on square screen?-img_20150422_221240.png
    They seem fine.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 09:13 PM
    Thanks qqmonkii... so, if an app or game has an issue, do you close it.. Then change the screen appearance... then open it again?

Do you have to do this with many apps? Mainly android? I actually don't use very many android apps - mostly just BlackBerry apps.

04-22-15 09:22 PM
    if thats the case then you shouldnt have to worry much i only see this with android apps and on occasion for some apps the rendering doesnt do anything to it for some reason i can live with it as i only use a few android apps myself
    04-22-15 09:26 PM
    I have had my Passport since October and haven't had a single issue yet with screen size rendering to the 1:1 ratio. That's with almost a dozen apps downloaded through Snap and plenty of different ones from BlackBerry World.
    I wouldn't let the screen size be a big concern for you.

Posted via the BlackBerry Passport. Follow me on Twitter @BlaisKL
    You swipe down from the top while in the app and choose how you want it to look. Sometimes it closes sometimes it doesn't. I have only done it for my Android games, the native apps I use either don't need it just doesn't bother me that it's stretched looking.

Posted via CB10
    Agree with everyone here. Just downloaded all of my mom's Android apps on her new Passport and they all work quick and look awesome on the full screen. If you have an app that appears "stretched" then you can change the settings to the "normal" ratio. Really nice that we have that option!

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 11:39 PM
    I was worried about that before I got my Passport but it has turned out to be a complete non-issue. Even Android apps render just fine (1:1 is a valid Android layout and developers are encouraged to accommodate it) .

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-22-15 11:48 PM