I am confused which one to get .
    10-05-14 02:47 PM
    You're asking this on a blackberry fan website. What do you think the majority of the answers will be? Lol

Posted via CB10
    Aahleksh, wehttam, vptsff and 3 others like this.
    10-05-14 02:49 PM
    Passport is a much more solid device,
    From build quality, speakers, screen,Camera on both are good but I do like the pictures from the passport better. The list can go on and on.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-14 02:49 PM
    Are you into rectangles or squares?
    nosmartphoneyet and Chrisy like this.
    10-05-14 02:50 PM
    Are you into rectangles or squares?
    Circles!

Posted via CB10
    Aahleksh likes this.
    10-05-14 02:51 PM
    The iPhone is so 2007...
    Q10Bold likes this.
    10-05-14 02:52 PM
    Do you know BlackBerry 10 OS??
    If not, find a good friend of yours using it, explore it. Decide later.

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-05-14 02:53 PM
    If you find you are easily confused by things like file managers and USB otg or transferring music without proprietary software, then go with the iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    Xenolock and wehttam like this.
    10-05-14 02:53 PM
    Depends on what you need the phone to do for you. Pros and cons.
    Do you need a Fisher Price OS and back button, or can you handle a customizable, discoverable OS made for adults and efficiency?
    How wrapped into the closed Apple ecosystem do you want to be? Do you like paying a max premium price to a company that still design their products around how much money they can keep of yours and cheap out and still use 1 gig of ram. Do you like knowing that to get extra storage you have to sell your new phone and buy the same phone with more storage.
    Do you want a phone that has blatantly ripped off numerous Android and BlackBerry software features as well as hardware enhancements from 2011 and passed them off as their own innovation. For a company with around 500 Billion dollars, that is capable of running the show, it's apparent that none of that money is spent on anything more than devices playing catch up and marketing that makes you think you need their new phone with an "S" attached to it.
    Thank goodness for the 64 bit processor or there isn't anything that hasn't already been done .

Posted via CB10
    D3C0D3R likes this.
    10-05-14 05:00 PM
    My basic use is surfing , tweeting , Facebook and whatsapp and BBM . I am a hardcore iPhone user and blackberry passport is the only device which has got my attention and its launching in my county in 5 days and iPhone in 10 days . I am no android or windows phone fan.. I am sliding towards blackberry passport then iPhone 6.... The only thing is how long will blackberry support passport software wise and with iPhone 6 it's guaranteed I will get next 3 major Os updates ...
    10-07-14 06:08 AM
    I can guarantee you that the passport will get 3 major os upgrades as well.
    10-07-14 06:12 AM
    2 totally different use phones
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-07-14 06:12 AM
    My basic use is surfing , tweeting , Facebook and whatsapp and BBM . I am a hardcore iPhone user and blackberry passport is the only device which has got my attention and its launching in my county in 5 days and iPhone in 10 days . I am no android or windows phone fan.. I am sliding towards blackberry passport then iPhone 6.... The only thing is how long will blackberry support passport software wise and with iPhone 6 it's guaranteed I will get next 3 major Os updates ...
    in this case - passport is the one to go. believe me.
    10-07-14 06:20 AM
    iOS is a fine os. Android is is a fine os. Blackberry is a fine os. Don't listen to anybody who slags off any of them, they are good at doing their own thing, try them all and pick. Personally I think iOS is the best, blackberry is the more interesting and android the tinkerers os.
    Kumaran Siva and Chrisy like this.
    10-07-14 06:23 AM
    One reason I would go with the passport is that trying to type passwords and special characters on any full-touch phone is really aggravating. Prediction obviously doesn't work for that. I just got a galaxy s5 but am already missing my q10.
    10-07-14 06:31 AM
    Well you have your answer already. Since you are a hardcore iPhone fan you can now choose the iPhone 6 & be same-O same-O to you & all your friends & family.

Alternatively you can take a plunge & go with the Passport that you are so curious about & then let the whole world around you take notice that you have done something different. At least the money you invested in it will make an impact in front of your friends & family.

On whether BlackBerry is going to be around or not? No worries, the media has been saying that BlackBerry is going bankrupt since 2010 & it is still around. Under John Chen, BlackBerry share price has gone from $3 to $11 in less than 6 months & has been staying there. Their price earning per share has decrease to almost break even.

They have also bought 2 companies in the last quarter & still their cash reserves has increased from the previous quarter closing. So I think if BlackBerry is going to close it will not be within the next 5 years. I'm sure you would have already changed the phone twice by then.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 06:42 AM
    in this case - passport is the one to go. believe me.
    This...as for tweeting, facebook, BBM and whatsapp...the BB device is great. The PP is a solid device and it feels that way when you use it. Of course I am bias.
    10-07-14 06:45 AM
    you want a device to kill time with or a device which allows you more free time
    10-07-14 06:52 AM
    I'll be carrying both. IPhone 6 for personal use, Passport for work.

I don't think you can go wrong with either, but here's the question.

Do you value having access to the newest apps quickly? If so, go with the 6.

Do you value getting notifications quickly and being able to respond to everything at once? If so, go with the Passport.

Those are the main differentiators, I think.

Well, also the Passport has OIS and a 13 MP camera, whereas the iPhone 6 is better in low light conditions (focus pixels).

IPhone is thinner and lighter; Passport has better battery life and is more sturdy.

Between these there is no "better" phone, there are different use cases.
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-07-14 07:21 AM
    For the OP's declared uses, the Passport seems to make more sense.

Unless one-handed use were a priority, in which case the iPhone would be better.
    10-07-14 07:24 AM
    I have both and it depends what you want. For taking pictures, videos and latest Apps take the iPhone. If you are looking for amazing productivity good Apps through Snap and Amazon and super battery life go with the Passport. I made the Passport my main device

Posted with my Passport #workwide
    10-07-14 07:28 AM
    Which carrier are you on?

From a Z30
    10-07-14 07:51 AM
    BlackBerry will be around in the foreseeable future and will always continue to its OS. As a matter of fact, OP, the BB10 OS is only getting better and sweeter with time. Ask anybody.
    Finally buy both phones if you have the money: it's like having your cake and eating too. Good luck.
    10-07-14 08:49 AM
    It's been said many times that the iPhone isn't actually that great for taking pictures. What I noticed is usually there's an over saturation of color though with ios.

Like pictures from bb10 is more editable option wise compared to ios

Posted from zee flicking coolest smartphone evah!
    10-07-14 09:48 AM
    Ur question can be reframed as confused between buying the phone from the past or the phone from the future :P

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 09:51 AM
31 12