I was in a Costco store the other day, and happened by their phone kiosk. The vast majority of the phones were Samsung junk, and not a Blackberry in sight. I asked the clerk about it and he replied, :"Blackberry doesn't make phones anymore. The only Blackberries out there are used ones." Since then, I've kept my eyes open, and I have yet to see a Blackberry on a store shelf, even the dedicated AT&T stores.

Strange.
    10-25-15 10:18 PM
    Hmm...I don't really think this is a phenomenon. More like everyday routine for cell phone providers. I would imagine especially more so in the US.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-15 10:25 PM
    I was in a Costco store the other day, and happened by their phone kiosk. The vast majority of the phones were Samsung junk, and not a Blackberry in sight. I asked the clerk about it and he replied, :"Blackberry doesn't make phones anymore. The only Blackberries out there are used ones." Since then, I've kept my eyes open, and I have yet to see a Blackberry on a store shelf, even the dedicated AT&T stores.

Strange.
    Dude! Where have you been??

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport on CB10
    RoseBud68 and andy957 like this.
    10-25-15 10:27 PM
    Unfortunately, that's the norm.

"I don't think that word means what you think it means."
    10-25-15 10:29 PM
    Ops most have just crawled out of a rock. Sorry Ops....but this is old news.
    10-25-15 10:38 PM
    Ops most have just crawled out of a rock. Sorry Ops....but this is old news.
    You possess the subtlety of a jack hammer. Perhaps you could change careers and become a diplomat.

"I don't think that word means what you think it means."
    10-25-15 10:40 PM
    He probably 'back from the past'...

Posted via CB10
    10-25-15 11:15 PM
    Hmm...I don't really think this is a phenomenon. More like everyday routine for cell phone providers. I would imagine especially more so in the US.

Posted via CB10
    Same here in The Netherlands. Physical stores from retailers don't carry BlackBerry anymore luckily a few big online retailers still do, even way ahead of launch of new BB's.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 01:55 AM
    The OP is just sharing his observation. There is really no need to start bashing him.

His observation is right, and I also witnessed the same when I was looking for the passport last year. And I haven't got a BlackBerry before my passport .

So the stupid under the rock remarks or where has he been doesn't justify that BlackBerry doesn't do well with in store availability or even make aware of retailers what they have!

Posted via CB10
    powereds likes this.
    10-26-15 03:43 AM
    The OP is just sharing his observation. There is really no need to start bashing him.

His observation is right, and I also witnessed the same when I was looking for the passport last year. And I haven't got a BlackBerry before my passport .

So the stupid under the rock remarks or where has he been doesn't justify that BlackBerry doesn't do well with in store availability or even make aware of retailers what they have!

Posted via CB10
    I don't think anyone's "bashing" him per se, just teasing. It's hard to tell when you can't hear someone's voice, since vocal tone doesn't translate through text.

In any case, there are at least a bajillion of this thread already, which is why it is old news. But I agree it is discouraging not to see BlackBerry on the shelf anywhere. The only place I've seen one is at a dinky little T-Mobile store at a mall, and all they carried was the Classic, which was sitting among the low-end phones. Nobody puts Baby in a corner...

 = ♥ | 8220, 8530, 9670, 9810, Q10, Passport
    RoseBud68 likes this.
    10-26-15 07:50 AM
    The younger internet affine generation use to order things online. That's in many cases the case today. That's why in my sight it is not thus bad if BlackBerry decide to offer their devices not in retailer shops.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 07:58 AM