For anyone like myself, I purchased a passport before the ATT version was even mentioned. I had to stop in ATT yesterday because some apple store allowed a fraudulent purchase on my account (another story) but after he straightened out my account, he said I could get insurance on my phone since they now offer the passport and they had 'Open Enrollment' going on. Just a tip for anyone.

Posted via CB10
    anon(9208252) likes this.
    02-24-15 08:13 PM
    Thanks for letting us know.
    02-24-15 08:15 PM
    The AT&T version is model SQW100-3 and the Blackberry direct (shopbb) is SQW100-1. The title is a little confusing. So you are saying that your non AT&T Passport can be insured since AT&T now sells the what they call a Passport, but technically a different model.
    02-24-15 08:20 PM
    The AT&T version is model SQW100-3 and the Blackberry direct (shopbb) is SQW100-1. The title is a little confusing. So you are saying that your non AT&T Passport can be insured since AT&T now sells the what they call a Passport, but technically a different model.
    Same model. Different variant

Via CB Running  PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480
    02-24-15 08:22 PM
    Correct. I assume if a replacement is needed, it would be the att version

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 08:33 PM
    I had my Passport insured through square trade as soon as I purchased it in October.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport or Classic.
    02-24-15 08:45 PM
    So just to be absolutely correct, AT&T will insure a device that they do not sell?

Once again, the SQW100-1 is the unlocked (global) version (original) not sold by AT&T.

The AT&T redesigned Passport is SQW100-3.
    02-24-15 10:39 PM
    So just to be absolutely correct, AT&T will insure a device that they do not sell?

Once again, the SQW100-1 is the unlocked (global) version (original) not sold by AT&T.

The way I understood this when I was offered insurance for the original is that it would be placed under BlackBerry Passport. Whatever device they carry that is the closest to that device in specs and price would be given as determined by the insurance company. In this case, the original would be replaced by the AT&T version.

It's been nice not having to pay for any insurance, but I used my Verizon insurance multiple times on lost phones. I don't think squaretrade covers that, but haven't looked into it. I did have a grandfathered insurance deductible of $50 regardless of device though. Not sure what they want for the deductible now. Considering the sales and extra monthly payment along with deductible, at this point I'd probably be break even anyway if I took the plunge on the OG @ $399/$499 for a brand new device.

Don't see the original Passport getting more expensive. I'm sure there will be more sales to come. But for those just getting their devices, I guess the peace of mind doesn't hurt!

Posted via CB10
    thedose likes this.
    02-25-15 12:39 AM

As long as. The imei is on the account during open enrollment you can insure the device. Weather AT&T sells the device or not is not a factor. Additional they offer multi device protection which extends to tablets and laptops not directly attached to the account. That is 30 dollars a month with 6 incidents. The insurance. Uses teared deductibles the highest is 200 and it declines by 25 percent to 150 after. 6 months and another 25 percent from the original price to 100 where it caps out. Older. Or cheaper devices start at a lower price Each plan covers. Accidentally including water. Damage and lose or theft.

Posted via Q10 a device that doesn't bleed personal information
    thedose likes this.
    02-25-15 01:39 AM
    If you ask me, that's a pretty sweet deal!
    02-25-15 08:10 AM