Is there a mirror imessage for blackberry?

Posted via CB10
    02-10-16 04:48 PM
    Someone may know differently but I'm going to say no. Apple pretty much locks that down to iOS only.
    02-10-16 04:57 PM
    getting iMessage is not possible on BlackBerry.
    Laura Knotek and jaydee5799 like this.
    02-10-16 04:59 PM
    Why would you want iMessage on a BlackBerry??

Posted via the amazing Passport
    02-10-16 05:01 PM
    Maybe because his\her people uses I message. So he\she can communicate with them. Bb is cross platform so why not imessage
    02-10-16 06:00 PM
    That's how Apple force users to buy and use only iProducts...

I remember buying MacBook only to realize that after almost a year, its accessories are obsolete with the newer version. And I have to order from Apple or its authorized dealers just to replace the lost charger because you cannot use other charger...

Posted via CB10
    02-10-16 10:42 PM
    Maybe because his\her people uses I message. So he\she can communicate with them. Bb is cross platform so why not imessage
    I suggest Slack. It is a cross platform, modern messaging app. Someone said they had the android version working on bb
    02-11-16 12:57 AM
    I suggest Slack. It is a cross platform, modern messaging app. Someone said they had the android version working on bb
    The ease of iMessage is that since everyone has an iPhone, there's no real need to download any additional messaging apps. I have BBM for some friends and I use it everyday, but I have iMessage on my iPad, iPod, and Mac Book, and I use that everyday too.

The downside to iMessage for me (and other people that have a BlackBerry) is that the people I message are usually on their iPhones, and when I leave my Apple device at home, they still message, and I'll have to tell them "oh text me on my phone now" so we can keep talking.

If I had iMessage on my BlackBerry (never going to happen), I'd just keep messaging and no one would know when I'm on an iPad or Mac Book or my phone. It would be seamless, like it is with Apple's iMessage-capable devices.

Posted via CB10
    GadgetTravel likes this.
    02-11-16 02:25 AM

You see "force", I see "smart".

Using the "must have" apps that are *only* available on your platform to tempt buyers to your platform is surely smart?

Nobody forces you to buy a Mac to use Garageband, or xCode... but, if you want to use an absurdly cheap, extremely capable DAW, or want to do Apple software development, a Mac is what you will buy. No force is necessary, just self-interest.

And, those people who criticise Apple for not letting their popular stuff, such as iMessage, GarageBand, etc go cross-platform... Well, I'll remind you of MikeL's response to the suggestion that he make BBM cross-platform: "If they want to use BBM, they can buy a BB phone!"
    Dunt Dunt Dunt, john_v and bakron1 like this.
    02-11-16 05:34 AM
    You see "force", I see "smart".

Using the "must have" apps that are *only* available on your platform to tempt buyers to your platform is surely smart?

Nobody forces you to buy a Mac to use Garageband, or xCode... but, if you want to use an absurdly cheap, extremely capable DAW, or want to do Apple software development, a Mac is what you will buy. No force is necessary, just self-interest.

And, those people who criticise Apple for not letting their popular stuff, such as iMessage, GarageBand, etc go cross-platform... Well, I'll remind you of MikeL's response to the suggestion that he make BBM cross-platform: "If they want to use BBM, they can buy a BB phone!"
    actually they do force you to buy a mac for xcode... otherwise theres no way to develop for ios
    02-11-16 05:40 AM
    actually they do force you to buy a mac for xcode... otherwise theres no way to develop for ios
    Nope, it's still a choice. You don't *have* to develop for iOS... you could develop for Android, or WinPhone... or BB... but, if you want to do iOS ... you need to buy a Mac.

No force required. You do it because you want to, and it's in your own best interests to do so.
    jallister, john_v and chalx like this.
    02-11-16 05:58 AM
    Nope, it's still a choice. You don't *have* to develop for iOS... you could develop for Android, or WinPhone... or BB... but, if you want to do iOS ... you need to buy a Mac.

No force required. You do it because you want to, and it's in your own best interests to do so.
    pretty stupid logic right there
    NtotheK likes this.
    02-11-16 07:08 AM
    pretty stupid logic right there

Insults don't improve the quality of your argument. Just sayin'

Xcode is the toolset you need if you choose to develop for iOS. You choose to do that because you see profit in that choice. If you don't want to develop for iOS, Apple is fine with that, and you are free to develop for any other platform. Nobody forces you to buy iAnything!
    jallister and chalx like this.
    02-11-16 07:23 AM
    BlackBerry doesn't condone "spying messaging apps"

Z10
    02-11-16 07:41 AM
    The answer is NO. Apple doesn't port their messaging system on other platforms.

Though there were some whisper on developing some Apple apps for Android. Possible if this would happen we could get the Android app.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-16 07:58 AM
    iMessage and Facetime are reasons that many I know of have moved to Apple.

Apple is where BlackBerry was with BBM at one point... for BlackBerry, going cross platform back six or seven years ago might have made BBM a more relevant application. But for right now Apple has no reason to do the same with iMessage, as their device business is still seeing growth.

Fortunately iMessage does work with standard text messaging... so that covers most everyone. You just miss out on some of the features that iMessage to iMessage offers. Only problem is when you have an iPad and a BlackBerry and they use your iPad contact....
    02-11-16 02:35 PM
    The ease of iMessage is that since everyone has an iPhone, there's no real need to download any additional messaging apps. I have BBM for some friends and I use it everyday, but I have iMessage on my iPad, iPod, and Mac Book, and I use that everyday too.

The downside to iMessage for me (and other people that have a BlackBerry) is that the people I message are usually on their iPhones, and when I leave my Apple device at home, they still message, and I'll have to tell them "oh text me on my phone now" so we can keep talking.

If I had iMessage on my BlackBerry (never going to happen), I'd just keep messaging and no one would know when I'm on an iPad or Mac Book or my phone. It would be seamless, like it is with Apple's iMessage-capable devices.

Posted via CB10
    I understand. I use almost exclusively iMessage. But there are cross platform messaging services other than BBM which I prefer.
    02-11-16 02:52 PM

I remember buying MacBook only to realize that after almost a year, its accessories are obsolete with the newer version. And I have to order from Apple or its authorized dealers just to replace the lost charger because you cannot use other charger...

Posted via CB10
    ebay my friend or amazon heck theres chargers for like 10 bux
    02-11-16 03:29 PM

Posted via CB10
    No they don't. They simply don't.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-16 03:35 PM
    iMessage is not too impressive on its own but I am definitely impressed with Facetime. Even on a bad and laggy connection, Facetime is still acceptably usable while other video call apps completely crap out already with disconnects, missing videos, garbled speech, etc. Maybe it has something to do with Facetime being a very closed implementation and heavily optimized by Apple with complete disregard of any future interoperability with other platforms.

As to OP's original question, no, simply no, Apple made apps are exclusive to Apple platforms only, for most of them anyways which includes iMessage, Facetime, iCloud, etc.
    02-11-16 05:25 PM
    "iMessage on BB"

Buy an iPhone 6S+ for that.
    02-11-16 09:16 PM

Posted via CB10
    Apple sells tens of millions of phones. BB sells almost 200k. Who's stupid?
    themightyshark likes this.
    02-11-16 09:18 PM
    As other folks on this thread have stated, iMessage and Facetime are why a lot of my clients and friends have moved over to Apple and IOS. Here in the USA and the fact it can be used on their iPads, iPhones and the Mac computers, iPhones are seen everywhere now as Blackberry devices where back in the day.

But, I have noticed folks using the FB messaging app more and more lately and we actually tried the video feature over New Years to communicate with our family across the US and everyone loved seeing each other on video. While I still have a few BBM contacts and are involved in four BBM groups, but most everyone I talk to here has never heard of BBM unless their and older person like me.
    02-12-16 05:57 AM
    FB Messenger has gotten REALLy good.
    02-12-16 09:17 AM