Hi all,

I purchased the Square Trade coverage for my Passport earlier this week. In trying to determine the number of characters to provide for the IMEI I plugged it into an IMEI verification tool just to verify that I had the correct number of digits.

The website doesn't look malicious and the domain has been registered for five years, so I don't imagine that anything is suspect... but figured I would get your opinions. The link is below:

IMEI validation check

Of course, unless it was cloned on the AT&T network I can't imagine that much could happen... I'm more of a CDMA guy so I know the negative implications of giving out an ESN are worse!

I'm just a bit of a nervous guy overall anyway...

Have to say... I'm enjoying my Passport so far. Three weeks into it... AT&T service is working well... a lot more LTE than when I left The AT&T in 2012.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-15 07:07 PM
    Why would you not just trust what your phone shows? Not sure about the site.
    tvst28 likes this.
    02-01-15 01:35 AM
    Does Square Trade require to know the IMEI of the device before the insurance becomes active? If so then that site may be a remote IMEI verification tool by ST. I don't know, I don't use it.

The site itself seems very legit. Checked the IMEI of my BB Z10 and it reported that it was a BlackBerry device only. I personally would trust it.
    02-01-15 06:44 AM
    SquareTrade did require IMEI and serial number in addition to proof that I purchased the device new. Their customer service has been top notch so far... even though I hope I never need to file a claim!

I'm not too worried about the website but second guessed myself after plugging in the IMEI. I found that website by Googling 'IMEI validation'... can't imagine it would be among the first Google results and malicious... but you never know.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-15 02:37 PM